Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:15 pm

It's fucking majestic, right? Everyone is used to their engine being an old piece of shit and Bethesda stuff to be super buggy, sure. But they managed to outdo themselves. I didn't expect this game to bring me any entertainment. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:26 am
Was that some sort of secret copy protection going apeshit or something?
Probably. Remember, this engine was originally made very mod friendly for Elder Scrolls and Fallout single player games. You can't have any of that in your online-only multifaggot game, though. They probably shit-together some half-baked DRM into their old ass engine to try and prevent it.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:56 pm

The modding system is something else to talk about. So this ancient pile of trash engine handles mods, basically, via save files. So as long as you can save your game, you can implement mods. The problem? Seeing as you can go fast like Sanic, there doesn't seem to be a server side limitation to movement speed - or really anything else for that matter. Hackers will have a field day with 100rpm nuke lauchers and 5 million damage revolvers while going mach 3.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:23 pm

I hope they try to pull a Retarded Smash Community and make broken speed hacks the competitive standard.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:10 pm

The amount of hacking day 1 will bring will be glorious.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

GitGud
Quality Poster

Post by GitGud » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:36 pm

If the servers can handle everything. I sure think that this delete game bug was a trick to stall the PC Beta for some times because they found something...or they fucked up. It would still be funny if this would reapear after christmas. Including deleted saves and characters
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:07 pm

GitGud wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:36 pm
If the servers can handle everything. I sure think that this delete game bug was a trick to stall the PC Beta for some times because they found something...or they fucked up. It would still be funny if this would reapear after christmas. Including deleted saves and characters
It's not a Beta. It's a server stress test. It's going to release real soon and this amount of time isn't enough for any kind of bugfixing. Not to mention that this is Bethesda so they didn't plan on fixing any bugs before release anyway.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

GitGud
Quality Poster

Post by GitGud » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:59 pm

Like i sayed before. Lack of serverpower is for sure the reason for max 24 players per server. But the hacking and cheating will become funny for sure.
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:04 pm

Stupid entitled nazi gamers, expecting games to not delete everything.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 pm

To be fair, all the BlackIsle, Troika, Obsidian games have also been utterly broken/incomplete on their releases but many of them became cult classics. Maybe JUST MAYBE Bethesda is just following the good old tradition.