Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:32 pm

That's what I mean about needing six hours to deconstruct all the ways skyrim sucks ass, because it's truly impressive how they managed to ruin everything that was working in previous open world rpg games of this type. Skyrim seems okay at a surface level until you really start to look at how all the systems interact.

And there truly is zero build diversity. Every character can and will do everything. I've never had a build in skyrim that didn't have a melee weapon, magic and a bow. I've never had a skyrim character who didn't summon flame astronachs and shoot crossbows. I've never had a skyrim character who couldn't create light or cast healing. Never had a skyrim character who couldn't slow time while shooting arrows.

Then there are the dungeons. Probably the worst dungeons in any open world rpg ever made. I can't think of a worse.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 pm

Hands down the worst dungeons ever. Pool of Radiance BTFOs Skyrim in that regard even. That's DECADES earlier.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:27 am

There's a reason why it's a meme to spend 6 hours getting tons of mods for skyrim and only play it for 20 minutes, game is absolute trash.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Every complaint about skyrim IS valid. But there must be positives as well.

Its a very well selling game, that alone doesnt mean much but when so many people have put in at least 20-30 hours and buy it multiple times that does say something for it. And then you often see people claiming I spend 100, 200, 300, 500+ hours playing skyrim.
Sure the game might not be what we had hoped or like when dissecting it but it cant be horrible with such achievements.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm

People are cattle. They know nothing.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:17 pm
People are cattle. They know nothing.
Weak argument, then any AAA game could achieve the same.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:31 pm

The media industry can manipulate what people want through social engineering. Its why capeshit is so prevalent, keep dumping that shit into theaters and the normalfags will slurp it up eventually and will keep going to see the flicks whether they really want to or not.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:32 pm
And there truly is zero build diversity. Every character can and will do everything.
It was the same for Oblivion and, to an extent, for Morrowind.
The only difference was that Morrowind required a huge amount of grinding to become a master of all trades, so until that point the classes were kinda different.
In Oblivion i was already a god before starting to look for the emperor's bastard child, and i quit the game since i wasn't interested anymore.
I have never touched Skyrim but i bet the process is even easier than in Oblivion.

Say what you want about Gothic and Elex, but in those games the career paths are completely different and once you pick one it's that until the end

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:58 pm

I have a silly conspiracy theory that Skyrim's massive success comes exclusively from the epic theme song.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:08 pm

After all, Arcanum is the true FO3 (or a spiritual successor), Bethesda is a scum and Tim Cain is literally gay. If only Obsidian made a pseudo-sequel of VtMB / Arcanum instead of single player Boderlands.
mad bum wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am
The only way to play skyrim is fists only to German suplex everyone in sight.

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 am
The only even remotely "fun" way to play Skyrim is with a full stealth archer build.

Combat is shit and magic is ass, so take those away and you're left with crossbow/archery simulator 2019
Actually, archery is also broken. I'm pretty sure I had to install mods to fix bizarre hit detection and weird arrow trajectory. Skyrim is basically an unfinished game. Period.