Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Or maybe they'll try to be sneaky by reusing the map for TES 6 - now with more grass and Draugr.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:38 am

The only thing I liked about Skyrim was sneaking mechanic until I realized it was completely broken. "It was just my imagination" NO IT'S NOT YOU DAMN AI FUCK! Pretty much everything related combat was wrong. New potential Skyrim players should play Prophecy of Pendor (M&B warband mod) instead.

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:06 am
I like perception. But you can just recruit Eddie and get a perception boost that way. I mostly use it to avoid cazadores and other dangerous enemies. Cazadores have a very distinctive movement profile you can identify just based on the way the red triangle on your compass jukes around. So with high perception, you'll be able to avoid cazadores and other fast, dangerous enemies before they even have a chance to see you.
PER used to directly affect hit chance but the change is understandable considering it's basically FPS/RPG. I started 5 with a sneaky cool ninja fedora power hammer samurai (well, at least planning to be) but maybe change a bit with a respec mod later.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:03 am

The only even remotely "fun" way to play Skyrim is with a full stealth archer build.

Combat is shit and magic is ass, so take those away and you're left with crossbow/archery simulator 2019
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 am

Since I always play sneaky assassins in those games I did play it as an archer/thief like I did Oblivion. It's still shit. As soon as I was done with the Dark Brotherhood storyline (which was pretty alright) I lost interest and never played it again.
I can't even imagine that people actually play melee fighters in Skyrim. It's just so fucking bad. If you ever played M&B or Chivalry it's downright unaceptable how garbage Skyrim's sword fighting is.
A multi billion dollar company BTFO by shitty budget studios. I'd be terribly embarrassed .
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am

The only way to play skyrim is fists only to German suplex everyone in sight.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:54 pm

You people sure love going over the top with your Skyrim hate. Its not a very good game but its nowhere near as bad as you guys seem to think. (or you just act that way because its cool to roast skyrim in internetnerd circles...)
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:37 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:54 pm
You people sure love going over the top with your Skyrim hate. Its not a very good game but its nowhere near as bad as you guys seem to think. (or you just act that way because its cool to roast skyrim in internetnerd circles...)
It sure was fun when I had to close the game about every half hour in the first two weeks because it'd just keep dumping into memory without ever clearing. Or not being able to select a class. Or every form of combat being shitty. Or the interface being top cancer. Or the entire story being shit. Or having absolutely no fucking impact on the game world.
Want me to go on? I'm not mad about Skyrim but it's massively overrated and a legit bad game and will forever be the gravestone for the entire TES franchise.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 pm

No, Skyrim is really that bad, ass. It's fucking awful. The entire game is following fucking markers. The combat is terrible. Magic combat is just spamming triggers and abusing summons. Melee combat is mashing and spamming power attacks. There's no build diversity beyond the 3 ways to play: melee, magic or archery. That's all you get and EVERY CHARACTER CAN DO ALL THREE.

Then you add to that the worst intro in probably any modern game and a terrible storyline with mostly shit quests even for the guilds.

Even other bethesda games look good compared to skyrim. Fallout 3 has quests you can complete multiple ways and Oblivion had build diversity.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Combat was kinda bleh even in Morrowind, but then Skyrim dumped it all down and made it even worse. I've seen deeper combat systems in RTS games.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:44 pm
Even other bethesda games look good compared to skyrim.
That's the strong shit about Skyrim. It's worse than Oblivion and FO3 in just about every way. Both not exactly shining examples of their genre but also far from not enjoyable. Skyrim can't even get fixed by mods.
If you'd say that The Witcher is better (never played it) then yeah, I don't know, maybe. It's entirely different, though. But Skyrim has direct title comparisons and it's worse than any TES before it, including fucking Arena.
Todd's policy of removing stuff wherever possible has led to him removing all the fun along with it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!