Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
GitGud
Quality Poster

Re: Fallout 76- Bethesda Buggalooooo

Post by GitGud » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:41 pm

It will be so funny to see that shitfest crash and burn.
Fallout was Dark but somehow funny back in the days of Interplay. The first Quest for the Brotherhod in Game 1 was in a Plot to get you of their front lawn. The reaction of the Door Guard when you return was priceless. Or that you could Kill the big Overlord with brute force, with his own atomic bomb or the right Holodisc and high Int. Then in FO2 small quests like "Hey, find my Ghulfriend. ANd then is this fucker in an small freakshow 100 miles away. Or build your own car.
I was so happy while playing New Vegas, but it was clear that Bethesda didn´t like it. Fallout Shelter was a funny and brainless timekiller. Everything after that was a pure Cashgrab. The real ONLY good thing in all of Fallout 4 was in an side quest on board of an old chinese Submarine. The possible reaction to the Ghul-captain where you atack him for "Killing your Country" was the only time i thought "Yep, that´s the way a reanimated prewar soldier would react to this kind of crap.

Everyting else in 4 was shit. You caracter was pre war.....he should know SOME locations in his damn home region. The Bunker of the mayor only some miles away.....there had to be rumors, right? Or locations like Bunker Hill, the Castle, Fort Strong or the National Guard Depot. You are PREWAR.

Most of all i hate the Fuckfaces that are the frontrunners of Bethesda. Like Todd. You can see and FEEL that this fucker is a lying bastard. It JUST WORKS, am i right? And the idiotic fanboys. "It is a new time, it is only a spinoff, it is sooooo cool."
Shoot them in the head, all of them. Lets see how they fix bugs without modders. Or, hey. Maybe they make that part of the fun. "If you can Help us fix some Shit, we give you worthless ingame money for it. For realz, it just WORKS this way"
The best thing that happend in all the years was "Wasteland 2" from Brian Fargos InExile, and i sure hope that Wasteland 3 comes our some days. All the Nuclear Fun i need in my life.
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Real sorry state of your company when a fairly shitty developer like Obsidian, that couldn't deliver a game that's not riddled with bugs, makes you look bad. Even in the bug department Bethesda looks bad compared to Obsidian. Pathetic.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:15 am

GitGud wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:53 am

I loved Fallout 1&2 and i hate how they burned everything. Stupid cash grabbing jew nose game companies. And fuck Todd Howard....
No one actually burned anything though. Fallout series pretty much ended when Tim Cain & Co left, all those nuFallouts are basically irrelevant games (maybe except New Vegas which people love for some reason).

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:31 pm

New Vegas is okay. The location is boring as fuck, though.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:22 pm

New Vegas is great, the only fallout I could actually finish
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:47 am

Oh this is fucking hilarious. Gamespeed coupled to FPS. Sure, that's nothing new, you may think to yourself.
Observe:
phpBB [video]

How do you even do that? That's absurd.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:37 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:47 am
How do you even do that? That's absurd.
Pretty sure every programming language has real time calculation built in (usually called delta/deltatime), so it's not even an engine problem. How a company that big can fuck up this badly is insane, it's like calling yourself a mechanic when you can't change a tyre.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:24 am

There's a popular book out there that teaches game programming, one of the first concepts it covers is decoupling physics from framerate. I'll look up the name later.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:28 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:24 am
There's a popular book out there that teaches game programming, one of the first concepts it covers is decoupling physics from framerate. I'll look up the name later.
Programming for Dummies?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:26 am

They're just too lazy to fix their engine's core, which is a bit weird considering they don't release shit all that often.

And after doing some research, the thing I find even more baffling is that they somehow managed to create a bug in the PC beta that causes the entire game to delete itself. Was that some sort of secret copy protection going apeshit or something?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette