Life is Tumblr: EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Life is Tumblr: EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Steam is a societal cancer on par with Netflix.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:49 pm

Steam didn't kill middleware, though. That was almost copletely dead when Steam came around. It's the publishers like EA and Zenimax that bought and killed off dozens of studios who are to blame.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:54 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:49 pm
Steam didn't kill middleware, though. That was almost copletely dead when Steam came around. It's the publishers like EA and Zenimax that bought and killed off dozens of studios who are to blame.
To be fair though lately middleware has made a bit of a comeback thanks to Kickstarter, despite the scamming fucks who use it. Devolver Digital and other small publishers like them aren't really AAA either, and thank fuck we have seen that since prior to this it was just shitty 8 bit platformers because without funding those games are the only ones that were viable for a small team to make.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Yeah, it's slowly coming back but we still don't get the experimental stuff of the era back. Nobody has the balls to try something really interesting that could become a cult classic.
I am very happy about old school FPS making a comeback. I can never have enough of those.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:52 pm

Why experiment if you can just go "This is basically (insert classic pc/console game here), so please buy it!" ?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:03 am

Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:20 pm
Fuck these games. I remember playing the original briefly and realizing that it was focused on a whiny wealthy white girl teen who goes to art school and is super special because magic powers. I didnt even finish the first episode, gun nut narc step dad was probably the nail in the coffin for me.
gun nut dad is unironically the best character and hes actually super sympathetic if you go all the way through. hes a hardass but only because he cares and is a good dad.