Warframe General Sperge

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Warframe General Sperge

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:46 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 am
I've never bought any stance mods though. I have a stance mod for every type of melee weapon I care about and that's all I need.
Well, I don't :3

Still, with Mars being a pretty Grineer-heavy place, maybe I'll finally get what I want. Also my last Infested mission gave me a second copy of a Fist stance mod *triggering intensifies*

I guess I'll go with either Mag, Frost or Rhino, depending on whom I can complete first.

I'm using the passive Sigil thing for Steel Meridian and Cephalon Suda, which I think is also my only way to really earn points before getting to Rank 1 where the Syndicate Alert missions become available. I guess I could donate stuff on a Relay or something, but I can't be bothered atm.

And joining a clan? Is this some kinda MMO or something?!

Also: How much shame have I brought upon me, now that the Stalker has a 2:0 winning streak against me?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:02 am

Stalker is pretty well unkillable when you're first starting, unless you're in a pub game.

Of the three you mentioned, Rhino and Frost are the best for newer players and the most useful. Frost was my previous main before I found nekros and zephyr.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:54 pm

Get used to Stalker kicking your shit in. At first he's a pain to deal with and loves to show up when you're running random bullshit with some level 1 weapon to grind a bit. He doesn't show up when your Warframe is level 5 or lower but as a beginner you're not much better off with a level 8 or so Warframe. He'll fuck you up regardless.
You'll get your comeuppance eventually. These days, he's getting wrecked by me no matter what I'm running.

For the Syndicates, you can generally keep three at a time happy and will piss off three. The three left ones and the three right ones are your choice. It's technically possible to be liked by four at a time but two will always be a bit unhappy with you and it required balancing ranks and de-rank some. That's just not worth the effort.
Initially, some of the killsquads they can sic on your ass can roflstomp you as well. Steel Meridian are a total pushover, Cephalon Suda's drones melt your fucking face off. But the positive thing is that they are all guaranteed eximus units and thus give a nice load of XP if you manage to deal with them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:22 pm

I suppose my first victory over Stalker will taste all the sweeter.

I've decided to go for the left side, mainly because working for a weird AI consciousness sounds more interesting than those New Loka hippies who for some reason don't want to be rad cyborgs with metal boxes for heads like the chads in Fortuna.

I'm a bit paranoid about those killsquads, but I hope I'll survive it by hoarding energy and activating my Excalibur's 4 when the time is right - or as I like to call it "EVERYONE DIES!!!"

Oh, and somebody mentioned Oberon Prime before. Last I've seen, his parts still drop.

EDIT: Now I finally got a stance mod from the Grineers. Naturally, it's for the Not-Katanas, not the swords.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:51 am

I finally have a warframe update. I haven't quit playing the game. I just slowed down a bit as I always do. Finally got Frost Prime building, and I grabbed Ash Prime while I was at it. I can't wait for Frost Prime. I've really gravitated more and more towards Nekros Prime, Equinox and Frost gameplay styles. I'll definitely get Equinox Prime when she comes out.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:03 am

I haven't played since shortly before Plains of Eidolon but with snow and hoverboards and every time I think about jumping back in I'm just reminded how little impact Venus open world has actually had.

None of my old buddies are talking about it on their group discord. None of my steam friends are talking about it. None of the videos I'm ever recommended (which isn't many any more) are talking about it.

I'm flabbergasted that they put out a product that everyone isn't incessantly praising (It's Warframe TWO). I'm also amazed at how little I miss the game, overall.

I gave the Switch version a try with the thought that if I had it on there I could farm while sitting in the living room instead of the bedroom.
Then DE took away all of my arcanes and the few rivens I had (RIP god lato) because some dicks were trying to rip off new Switch players. They even took my Zaw arcanes, the bastards.

In short, game is great if you play every day but insanely, surprisingly, and ridiculously forgettable once you step away from it. Yikes.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:44 am

The biggest problem I have with warframe is there's no endgame content.

The reason fortuna didn't matter that much is nobody wants to spend time grinding planet quests. People hate the plains. When I play warframe, I want to do the actually fun missions. Defense. Exterminate. Survival. Interception with a full party. Even onslaught can be fun. I want to do those missions and actually get good rewards. I want an experience where I can opt out/in on how long I spend playing. Defense does that beautifully with the waves concept.

I want those modes expanded on with more frequent and better rewards. I want alerts that regularly offer shit like bundles of potato seeds, tellurium, lenses and blueprints for potatoes. It's absolutely shameful that I can get better rewards from doing random star chart shit than from alerts, which are supposed to be time-sensitive.

I mean, what the fuck am I supposed to do with all my prime warframes? What I need right now are reactors and lenses. I can go farm the plains, which sucks massive dong, or I can grind plat to buy potatoes. Or I can get fucked I guess.

https://www.google.com/search?q=warfram ... irefox-b-1

I have something like 12 fucking forma and 6 forma blueprints sitting in my inventory, gathering dust. WHY THE FUCK ARE REACTORS NOT AVAILABLE TO MAKE THE SAME WAY AS FORMA

I wipe my ass with forma at this point. I could make one every day if I cared enough to log in daily. But I still can't get fucking lenses except from the shitty plains and I can't get potatoes ever.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:55 pm

The missions in the open world just suck ass. Half the time something glitches out as well and since I don't really care about anything they yield they can get lost.
I guess my oper8r will never get a cool beam thingy because of that but I can live without one quite well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:17 pm

I'd say open world in general sucks. You can't really do sneaky cyberninja parkour if you have to sprint through the plains for at least 5 minutes, and the performance tends to take a realy nosedive.
-Yours Truly

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 pm

It's funny to even call it open world. They literally added a few resource collecting mini games and then took their normal mission formulas and made them have set-but-randomly-chosen goal areas. Even enemy drop points are pre-set, for the most part.

The Eidolons (and whatever Venus boss was added) were able to be soloed from day 1. I wasn't even hardcore and I was able to solo a Tridolon in slightly under 30 minutes without a riven on my Vectis Prime and using Unairu for my operator focus.
Venus bosses were soloed from day 1 they were added, as well.

Recycling the same missions but changing only the environment had to get old some time, I guess. The content drought didn't help. Neither does DE's overblown hype culture. I'd love to blame the forums for that but the devs, themselves, will hype up simple number tweaks for months.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man