Warframe General Sperge

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Warframe General Sperge

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:34 pm

A lot of modern games use alternative weapons like bows or katanas in with their shooty guns, but they always end up looking pretty generic. Like how Horizon rips off native american shit and just slaps cyberpunk over it.

Warframe looks completely alien, is the best way I can put it. Nothing in that game looks even remotely analogous to the real world. And I was impressed when I did some digging on the story. Pretty unique.

A lot of games have you play as a jedi/mandalore equivalent who kickflips around with a laser katana and shoots bad guys with guns and space magic. But they never look close to as bizarre as warframe, yeah.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Don't spoil yourself on the quests. Shit gets really good later on with stuff that will blow your mind. Spoiling in chat is very frowned upon as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 pm

I won't. I just looked up what the hell the warframes even are because I was confused. I have a vague idea now.

As for chat, I probably won't even talk to people or play non-solo with anyone unless they're on my friends list. I have a lot of things I need to unlock before I even think about buying or selling. I did a level with 3 randoms today and we couldn't figure out how to make the level end. We were all 4 of us jumping around and shooting each other and the level finally ended after 5 minutes of us idling at the end point.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:11 am

How the hell do you do the "control the points" style missions solo? They just spawn endlessly 2 steps from the point and immediately contest it. I have no time to even try to capture other points.

I bought a gun since I'm tired of these kunai. It was one of the starting guns, furis I think. I need something for those defense missions where waves of enemies come at you. The bow is too slow.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 am

For the capture mission just cap a point and then move on to the next one. Kill enemies when you cross their path but prioritise the points.
You're much faster than they are and they always rush one point after another, very seldom will they try to capture two. When a letter is blinking, that's where they cap.

Defence is a bit tricky at first. If you shoot through Volt's shield, you gain some additional damage. It'll get easier once you progress and get some proper damage.
If you have the mod Serration, feel free to pump it with some Endo. That mod goes into every rifle. Unless you only have a broken version, then don't bother leveling it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:22 pm

I think all of my mods say "flawed" right now. I've been using the general buff ones, like 40% health and shields. I figure you can't go wrong with more health.

I did one of the terminal things to go to another planet. I think it was venus or mercury. It was the southern one from earth anyway. I'm a little confused how the hell I'm supposed to get an archwing. For now, I'm just playing whatever missions are available and leveling the weapons I'm enjoying.

Defense missions aren't really an issue now that I have a secondary weapon that fires rapidly. Volt's 1 also stuns enemies to keep them off the objective. It's fun to sanic the hedgehog in circles between waves to build up extra free attack power. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 am
on't think you owe me anything for the colours or anything.
I'm just short of 11k plat and don't know what to do with that anyway. :lol:
I look fucking amazing because of those colors, ty xD
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:54 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:22 pm
I'm a little confused how the hell I'm supposed to get an archwing.
Just keep clearing nodes for now. You'll get an archwing from the quest of the same name on Mars. So don't worry, you'll get one. An Odonata to be exact.
Most people dislike archwing missions but I actually quite like them. I vastly prefer the "experimental flight" turned on in the options. It feels a lot more flexible that way but will still take some getting used to.
The Odonata is perfectly fine and maybe the second best archwing. It's just maybe not the most fun one but is pretty useful. I suppose what most people dislike about archwing is that it's yet another grind for mods, although those come by easily and generally cost very little to no plat.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Dammit guys, now I may or may not check this game out myself between the years. Being a ninja Guyver with shotguns might be fun.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 pm
I won't. I just looked up what the hell the warframes even are because I was confused. I have a vague idea now.
Can't be worse than BlazBlue, where the entire technobubble (and by extension the plot) hinges on some kind of quantum mechanics magic that takes up 50% of the story mode dialogue, yet is never actually shown in practice.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 pm
Dammit guys, now I may or may not check this game out myself between the years. Being a ninja Guyver with shotguns might be fun.
It is. Add to that how few bio-armor bideo james even exist.
RAPEMAN wrote: