Warframe General Sperge

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Warframe General Sperge

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:05 pm

I enjoy long missions like defense, survival and onslaught. It's not so much that I want to grind as that I want to do long missions of that type and lith stuff is a profitable way to do it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Fair enough. Hey, could you need any of New Loka offers? I'm almost full on points and don't need anything anymore.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:39 am

I need everything. Loka hates me and it would take probably hundreds of hours to change that.

BTW now Chroma Prime is done, so that's Mirage Prime, Chroma Prime and Hydroid Prime all being built. Lol

I hear Mag Prime is gonna be available soon along with Nova Prime.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:01 pm

No I mean, anything specifically? I can only get one thing before needing to collect points again.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Well, since you asked I guess.

I'm going to be getting Hydroid and it looks like Loka has Pilfering Swarm. I love Zephyr Prime and Loka has Jet Stream for her. Either of those would be awesome. Jet Stream would probably be the most useful.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:29 am

I really like Equinox. I'd put her up there with Frost and Zephyr in "warframes I love enough to use exclusively." Probably more so than Zephyr because she's a lot more versatile. What I like about warframe is losing myself in the gunplay and combat. I don't really enjoy micro-managing abilities. Equinox facilitates that play style just like Frost does. I go into Day form, put up my 3, get some energy, put up my 4, all enemies now take more damage from abilities, take passive slash DOTs and are crowd-controlled to fuck. I put a Baza on her (could also use my braton prime) because it's versatile enough to work with both forms. I don't like close-range primaries with her because Maim has long range and I want to play back if I'm forced to switch to Night form.

And if I run out of energy, just get a little bit, go into Night mode, put up my 3 and now I'm a lot tankier. I do wish her Night form 3 was a little stronger though. Her 2 is excellent in Night form and her 4 is fine if you like that sort of thing. Thing is, I realized after playing her a lot since getting her that Equinox' Day Form's Maim ability is kind of an offensive AND defensive ability. Rather than wait for enemies to hurt you so you can heal it, Maim lets you CC all enemies to reduce or eliminate incoming damage. At the same time, you're also damaging them and your 3 is buffing allies at almost no energy cost to you. Maim can ALSO deal a huge amount of burst damage to easily kill every enemy spawned near you no matter what it is.

Equinox has a ton of synergy just between her own abilities, but she also works amazingly well with warframes that rely on ability strength to kill shit. She's very well designed.

If she ever gets a buff for a Prime variant, well... I'm just a noob at this game, but she's really good and you can run her many different ways from moment-to-moment as long as your kit is versatile. She can't protect objectives as well as Frost or support as well as Trinity but she can come damn close. She can't stealth as well as Limbo or Loki but she can come close with her 2. Can't tank as well as Rhino or Nezha but I've built my nox to be surprisingly durable and Maim really helps reduce damage to the ENTIRE team.
SpoilerShow

picture for those wondering what the fuck i'm talking about
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:50 pm

I could never get into Equinox. At all.

I've built myself a Kitgun and a MOA. I was pretty miffed to find out that you need to reach max rank in Solaris to fucking forma the Kitgun and the MOA because they are very weak for the first 30 levels. Not just due to a lack of Forma but more importantly because they follow the terrible tradition of Zaws that you can't put a potato into them either for the first 30 levels.
Especially with the MOA that gives you very little points to play with. Companions take quite a while to level up and having one around for a long time that can't even stay alive around lvl 10-15 enemies is pretty annoying.

I'll first go ahead and grind Fortuna to max rank Solaris. Then I'll go and take my MOA on a walk with Oberon because he can keep it alive and confuse all enemies with radiation. I'll just let it kill the enemies to get it to rank up to lvl 30 quickly. After that, it shouldn't have a problem getting competitive.
I know what it's like to have a semi-fragile companion. I've levelled three dogs and a cat with multiple forma each. It's a pretty long way for pet companions to get where they are a true asset but when they are, they are superior to drones in my opinion.
My kavat especially wrecks shit, doesn't die, has life steal for me and gives me massive crit buffs all the time. With Nidus in survival it worked totally fine up to lvl 100 enemies even.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:30 am

Wukong is pretty meh. Hydroid Prime was ok I guess, whatever. Neither grabbed me.

I want to get a Kavat but I'm still missing 2 kitty DNA. I have a dog. I guess it's random what you get. I got a white chesa kubrow I think. Put it in stasis because the stabilizer concept pissed me off. Now I have the upgrade so cost should be much more reasonable.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:01 am

It's random what you get, unless you use genetic prints to breed.
The upkeep looks worse than it is. With the upgrade they degrade by 5% a day and will be put in stasis before they die. The DNA stabilizers cost very little credits.

Wukong really needs Rage to be worth your while so he can stay immortal without running out of energy.
Hydroid only makes sense when you can regenerate in the pool. Then you can drown absolutely everything and have pretty good crowd control.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:59 am

I noticed Angry Joe had a video of himself playing fortuna. Couldn't tell if he was a scrub jumping on the hype bandwagon or if he actually likes warframe tbh. I THINK he was using a Karak though, which would tend to indicate a hypefag (because most players who actually like this game will move past those weapons pretty fast).
RAPEMAN wrote: