Warframe General Sperge

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Warframe General Sperge

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:43 pm

Not to mention that Warframe isn't even open about what the fuck a Warframe even is. I've seen lots of people lose their shit at finding out they aren't weird power suits. I don't get why that would come to a surprise as I can't imagine a person fitting into many of them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Plus their real nature is a fun way to give an in-game explanation as to why you can't actually "die".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:30 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:48 pm
Why the fuck aren't there more sick bio-armors in vidya? It's a perfect medium to RIP AND TEAR with the best invention of pulp science fiction! Warframe and Prototype are pretty much it and no, a gay robot suit that isn't alive is not the same thing.
Prototype, my nigga.

My dream for quite some time now has been an ultra violent Guyver game developed by Platinum Games. Take their hack and slash combos for the high frequency blades, the third person shooting/slow mo from Vanquish for the heat laser, and throw in some mega smasher combos that'd make Bayonetta blush. All while having zoanoid limbs flying off left and right and bodies being torn apart like you're playing Metal Gear Rising with the fox blade equipped. Throw in some brutal finishing moves and you've got yourself one hell of a game.

Sigh...a man can dream.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:21 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:30 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Why the fuck aren't there more sick bio-armors in vidya? It's a perfect medium to RIP AND TEAR with the best invention of pulp science fiction! Warframe and Prototype are pretty much it and no, a gay robot suit that isn't alive is not the same thing.
Prototype, my nigga.

My dream for quite some time now has been an ultra violent Guyver game developed by Platinum Games. Take their hack and slash combos for the high frequency blades, the third person shooting/slow mo from Vanquish for the heat laser, and throw in some mega smasher combos that'd make Bayonetta blush. All while having zoanoid limbs flying off left and right and bodies being torn apart like you're playing Metal Gear Rising with the fox blade equipped. Throw in some brutal finishing moves and you've got yourself one hell of a game.

Sigh...a man can dream.
Exactly this, nigga, except I don't care if Platinum makes it. Platinum makes some good games, but I don't think they ever quite captured the RIP AND TEAR I want from a bio-armor vidya gaem. Guyver would be THE ideal franchise for it, but again, I don't care what the IP is. Prototype is great but the models look like ass and the gameplay is a bit shallower than my ideal bio-armor gorefest. I forgot about Metal Gear Rising. That's probably the closest Platinum games came to capturing the tone and violence I'm looking for. It's also, unsurprisingly, one of their best games overall.

There are a lot of violent bio-armor mangas, animus and even some movie adaptations, but very few games. Pisses me off, man! Warframe has proven the concept can resonate with people. And before Warframe, those devs made Dark Sector, which just proves they have a soft spot for bio-armor stories. Shame about dark sector's gameplay...
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:21 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:30 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Prototype, my nigga.

Sigh...a man can dream.
Exactly this, nigga, except I don't care if Platinum makes it. Platinum makes some good games, but I don't think they ever quite captured the RIP AND TEAR I want from a bio-armor vidya gaem. Guyver would be THE ideal franchise for it, but again, I don't care what the IP is. Prototype is great but the models look like ass and the gameplay is a bit shallower than my ideal bio-armor gorefest. I forgot about Metal Gear Rising. That's probably the closest Platinum games came to capturing the tone and violence I'm looking for. It's also, unsurprisingly, one of their best games overall.

There are a lot of violent bio-armor mangas, animus and even some movie adaptations, but very few games. Pisses me off, man! Warframe has proven the concept can resonate with people. And before Warframe, those devs made Dark Sector, which just proves they have a soft spot for bio-armor stories. Shame about dark sector's gameplay...
I’m glad to hear someone else likes bio-horror/bio armor as much as I do. Have you ever read Abara? It’s a manga by Tsutomu Nihei, dude is great with cyberpunk and bio horror. His art is a bit hard to follow at times and his stories are out there, but man does he draw some cool stuff.

I really liked the Prototype games and Dark Sector. To me a perfect hybrid would be the abilities of Prototype, but scaled down from a big empty free roam world and more level focused like Dark Sector. Vanquish was a Casshern tribute, so maybe they’ll make a Guyver tribute eventually.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:06 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:43 pm
Not to mention that Warframe isn't even open about what the fuck a Warframe even is. I've seen lots of people lose their shit at finding out they aren't weird power suits. I don't get why that would come to a surprise as I can't imagine a person fitting into many of them.
Actually, they covered that in The Sacrifice quest.
SpoilerShow
Warframes are volunteers that willingly get infested by the virus and are fitted with a modem in their heads. That, or they were political enemies that were forced into it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:12 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:21 pm
Exactly this, nigga, except I don't care if Platinum makes it. Platinum makes some good games, but I don't think they ever quite captured the RIP AND TEAR I want from a bio-armor vidya gaem.
Just wait for Guyver Warriors.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:00 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:12 pm
Just wait for Guyver Warriors.
No need to wait

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:33 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 pm

I’m glad to hear someone else likes bio-horror/bio armor as much as I do. Have you ever read Abara? It’s a manga by Tsutomu Nihei, dude is great with cyberpunk and bio horror. His art is a bit hard to follow at times and his stories are out there, but man does he draw some cool stuff.

I really liked the Prototype games and Dark Sector. To me a perfect hybrid would be the abilities of Prototype, but scaled down from a big empty free roam world and more level focused like Dark Sector. Vanquish was a Casshern tribute, so maybe they’ll make a Guyver tribute eventually.
I read a lot of Blame! and Biomega, but didn't read Abara. I enjoyed Blame but felt Biomega was a little too abstract. Nihei does very well with visuals but sometimes struggles for the human element. I think the first volume of Terra Formars handled the human element very well. So much so that every subsequent volume was a disappointment. They peaked at volume 1, story arc zero. Apocalypse Zero was a fun read. I think a lupaposter here recommended it to me. The OG Guyver got a lot right tbh.

My problem with prototype is how sloppy it can feel at times because of how tiny all the people are. It's like a little lego world. We need big-chunky models that take big, chunky damage. Level or hub-focused areas would be fine. Something like RE4 or God Hand except with sick bio suits. Some kind of risk-reward system would be good too, kind of like the beast blood vials in Bloodborne. Something where you can let your suit go insane and turn into a ragebeast, but your damage taken will skyrocket along with your attack power. Bloodborne had some fun weapons that captured some of the spirit of what I'm talking about, but a lot of the more mainstream ones (pre-DLC) were more generic.

And Voice, stop teasing me. We'll never get a Guyver musou. Kekmo-Toe-Eye aren't willing to spend time on old franchises. It's all attack on eioten and fire emblem x persona 5 megamix for them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:53 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:33 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 pm

I read a lot of Blame! and Biomega, but didn't read Abara. I enjoyed Blame but felt Biomega was a little too abstract. Nihei does very well with visuals but sometimes struggles for the human element. I think the first volume of Terra Formars handled the human element very well. So much so that every subsequent volume was a disappointment. They peaked at volume 1, story arc zero. Apocalypse Zero was a fun read. I think a lupaposter here recommended it to me. The OG Guyver got a lot right tbh.

My problem with prototype is how sloppy it can feel at times because of how tiny all the people are. It's like a little lego world. We need big-chunky models that take big, chunky damage. Level or hub-focused areas would be fine. Something like RE4 or God Hand except with sick bio suits. Some kind of risk-reward system would be good too, kind of like the beast blood vials in Bloodborne. Something where you can let your suit go insane and turn into a ragebeast, but your damage taken will skyrocket along with your attack power. Bloodborne had some fun weapons that captured some of the spirit of what I'm talking about, but a lot of the more mainstream ones (pre-DLC) were more generic.

And Voice, stop teasing me. We'll never get a Guyver musou. Kekmo-Toe-Eye aren't willing to spend time on old franchises. It's all attack on eioten and fire emblem x persona 5 megamix for them.
I need to finish Blame at some point. Biomega is decent but as you said the human element was off and it got super abstract once the big change happened. I need to get back into Terra Formars, I liked where it was going but my local bookstore was missing certain volumes and I fell off it. Apocalypse Zero definitely interests me, I think that was one of the many OVAs that Bennett the Snorlax deemed bad because he’s a dumbass. I’ve been reading Brynhilder in the Darkness lately, it’s a lot better than what people let me to believe. A criticism was “Dur Elfen Lied” but to me that series got a bad rap because of the anime. It didn’t advance far and left out/changed a lot of key elements that brought the story together.

Completely agreed, sure it’s was fun to run up buildings and across cars and take down tanks and helicopters, but like you I’d rather have a game focused on enemies with small group/one on one combat. Damn dude, we need to make a game.