Warframe General Sperge

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Warframe General Sperge

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:06 pm
Actually, they covered that in The Sacrifice quest.
I know but they are not upfront about it at all. If you're just normally playing it with a bit of grinding here, a bit of building there and aren't trying to rush through the story stuff you'll be a solid 200 hours in before you even have a clue what exactly a Warframe is.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:46 pm

The only big problem I have with Apocalypse Zero is it's unfinished, much like Priest which is another great manga (manwha actually) that didn't have a conclusion. I assume these series were canceled because of their niche appeal. Priest is a great supernatural horror series with strong religious overtones. Apocalypse Zero's anime may or may not be good, but the manga was excellent. If you liked Guyver, you have no reason not to try Apocalypse Zero. Gantz is still the high watermark for this kind of series though. I know some people didn't like the ending, but I thought it wrapped up nicely. The main character starts out as a typical teenage shitbird and is forged by exceptional circumstances into a heroic figure. But it takes so fucking long to get there that the journey is believable. I also love how Gantz pulls no punches with its cast. It won't kill a character off just because "fuck you" like George ArAr Martin will, but Gantz plays with your expectations constantly.

I never read Elfen Leid. I fell off with Terra Formars too. Mostly because I found the series falling into familiar shounen patterns and I was annoyed. The tone set by the first story arc led me to believe I'd be following the story of humanity fighting against burly black men across multiple generations, with each expedition until the last one ending in failure. I think I would have preferred that. I also didn't like how they threw away the bug DNA thing and started including all kinds of random-ass animal DNA hybrids. I thought the bug angle was interesting. Combining a human with a crab or lion isn't as neat as combining with some super-specific bug that shoots flamethrower jets of internal gases. The bug hybrids also look cooler but that's just my opinion.
We need to make a game
Shame making a good game is a lot harder than shitposting on a dead forum. :lol: It could probably work as a concept in a 2d game-maker style of gameplay, but it wouldn't be as good. End result would probably play more like ninja gaiden or river city ransom with gore.

Warframe really plays its cards close to the chest with the story elements. You have to do a lot before you get an inkling of the story.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:41 pm

What's with you guys bringing up Elfen NEET? That's just pseudo-catgirls with telekinetic tentacles. The only kind of actual body horror I can recall was towards the end.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:33 pm
And Voice, stop teasing me. We'll never get a Guyver musou. Kekmo-Toe-Eye aren't willing to spend time on old franchises. It's all attack on eioten and fire emblem x persona 5 megamix for them.
I can live with that, as long as Precure Warriors will become a reality.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:38 am

Complicity wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:00 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:12 pm
Just wait for Guyver Warriors.
No need to wait

Imma play that game soon, it’s right up my alley.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.