Warframe General Sperge

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Warframe General Sperge

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:43 pm

lol maxing out a flawed mod.

Yeah get a serration mod. The basic common mods to get are vitality, redirection and serration. I slap those on every frame/weapon I level without exception. Sure for final builds, you don't always need redirection but it's nice when leveling.

Another easy farm to do is the Sergeant for Mag. Mag keeps getting buffs and eventually even Kugel will start liking her (maybe.) With the right mods, she's ok imo now. Her 1 and 2 are good. Her 4 is trash and her 3 is only situationally ok.

An easy way to get a bunch of rewards is to go pub matches and do defense missions or survival. You probably want to get as many mods as you can since you're so early in the game. If you're lucky, you'll get paired with a nekros and they'll give you even more loot. Lith survival/excavation/defense is even better but you need relics for those.

Unrelated but Baruuk actually looks fun. I kind of want to farm him now.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:56 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:43 pm
lol maxing out a flawed mod.
Well, that one's my only base rifle damage mod. Nothing I could do, man.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:06 pm

Use broken mods but don't spend any Endo on them.

Redirection, bro? Forget about shields! You want armour and as much of that as possible. In the beginning it's okay to use whatever for survival but later on that's just a wasted slot you'll want to use to buff Warframe abilities.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:06 pm
Use broken mods but don't spend any Endo on them.

Redirection, bro? Forget about shields! You want armour and as much of that as possible. In the beginning it's okay to use whatever for survival but later on that's just a wasted slot you'll want to use to buff Warframe abilities.
Some warframes can't use armor mods at all because the benefit they get is so tiny as to be a waste. Not every frame is rhino. :lol: Mag for example gets way more out of redirection because of her 3 regenerating shields. I know shields are kind of shit but some frames have default 15 armor and there's just no way to stack armor mods to make that number worth it.

Nyx is another example. She doesn't really need many buffs beyond range and she's so squishy I've found redirection and vitality are pretty good.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 pm

>playing mag
>playing nyx

Don't play shit frames then, I guess. The pope is the only frame worth putting shields on.
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 pm
Not every frame is rhino. :lol:
Yeah, Warframe isn't perfect after all.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Don't you worry about me. I've get a couple Steel Fiber mods and am planning to get swole af.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Double post for double sperge.

So having maxed my Skana and moving on to the Cronus (switching to a Heat Sword for Infected missions because setting monsters on fire is pretty lulzy), I've kinda been trying to get myself a sword stance mod. Apparently it can be dropped by basic Grineer enemies, but not only is the drop chance arse, but I keep finding stance mods for weapons I currently don't care about. Fun.

(Though I might try out that Fist stance with the Fist weapon blueprint I got as a login reward once I have Rhino. Feels fitting.)

I've also been pondering about maybe getting Gara, since I've already maxed Excalibur and it will probably take a bit until I can finally craft that last Rhino part (requires Plastids). But man, those Cetus bounties that might drop Gara parts are annoying as fuck. I feel less like I'm doing bounties and more like I'm doing some frustrating easter egg hunt.
Didn't help that my very first bounty led me underground. After running around above ground for a good while. Realizing too late that the Adaptive Exposure setting is necessary to see shit underground. And then some hidden timer ran out and I lost.

On a more hilarious note, I once went out of Cetus at night, figuring I won't run into one of those fuckhuge Eidolons if I stick close to the gate. Got roflstomped by a pair of Small Enemy Crabs.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:12 am

Nobody likes plains of eidolon and I don't recommend doing them AT ALL until you get zephyr.

Here's my advice for getting more frames:

Farm Mag from the Sergeant because he's very very easy.
Join a clan (you can find them in the recruiting tab or just ask around.) That will open up Zephyr, Wukong and Volt for building. You can buy all the parts outright and just build them. Zephyr is my favorite frame in this game.

Other than that, keep doing star chart and do any alerts that look good to you. Start doing the faction shit if you haven't. What faction you choose is up to you. I'm Red Veil and Steel Meridian right now. Factions give shitty rewards until max rank but at max rank they give baller mods and weapons. You can slap a faction regalia on any warframe and earn faction rank passively. Keep ranking up mastery rank when you have the option since that will open up better weapons.

I don't even have Gara yet because Cetus sucks ass. And I have a zephyr whose flight costs 7 energy and I'm still too lazy to do cetus work. Frost is better than Gara anyway and you can farm Frost from a normal boss.

Oh, and I personally don't do cetus work without a full squad because sometimes the objectives are bullshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:09 am

I've written a while back what I do for the Cetus stuff when the zombie season is on. I cheese that shit. It's no fun. It's also not recommended for new players in the first place because you'll get plenty of resources that you really can't do shit with until much later on.
Instead, get your grove on and clear the star chart to get those plastids. Phobos is the first place you can get those.

Stance mods often have bullshit drop rates but are, thankfully, usually super cheap. Just sell some prime trash you don't need for some plat and go to warframe.market and look for it. Contact that dude with the cheapest price via /m (nickname) Hey, I'd like to buy [modname] and you'll usually get a very fast response and an easy trade. I've had nothing but positive experiences. Some guys say pretty much nothing, some are super friendly. Scamming is pretty much impossible due to the trade system.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 am

yeah you can buy anything with plat over trade chat. Use the market to price competitively. When I try to sell stuff on warframe, I watch to see what people on trade chat want to buy. If you post WTB, people WILL hit you up. If you're buying, there's always someone selling. It's a buyer's market because someone always needs plat.

I've bought plenty of obscure and specific parts for warframes that way. BTW if you ever want to buy a warframe with plat outright, go on trade chat, price check on warframe market and buy all the parts via another player for plat. It will cost you much less plat than buying a frame from warframe's good goy store. I've also found buying individual parts is often cheaper than buying a set. Better still if you have a few of the common prime pieces for a warframe so you can just buy the super rare part for plat.

I don't know if he's vaulted right now but if you ever get the interest in doing fissures and collect up some relics, there are probably a lot of pubbies floating around with relics for Oberon Prime. He's pretty great tbh. I think he's also very inexpensive if you want to buy him with plat.

I've never bought any stance mods though. I have a stance mod for every type of melee weapon I care about and that's all I need.
RAPEMAN wrote: