Warframe General Sperge

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Pepsi Man

Re: Warframe General Sperge

Post by Pepsi Man » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:23 pm

This is part 2 of this guy's opinion that the new frame, Wisp, is OP. He literally disproves his own point within the video-- the frame isn't great at room clearing since it relies on, quite literally, amplifying weapon damage for the room clear to actually work properly. Any frame can be a room clearer if you use the Zenistar!

I don't get what the hell is up with Warframe's youtube community and trying to get everything nerfed into the ground, particularly when they don't understand the mechanics of the game/frame enough to even have an opinion yet.

Wisp is really good, though. She's not OP, not UP. They actually released a decent frame right out of the gate, as long as you ignore her 4 which feels tacked on the same way Revenant's 4 does.

For the record: I don't go searching for these things. I watched a devstream to catch up on some news and suddenly was bombarded with recommendations for Warframe videos and youtube just won't stop.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:50 am

I'm just annoyed with the constant focus on releasing new warframes and then immediately releasing new ones like a month later. I occasionally see a Garuda but all the other new ones I pretty much don't see except the same month they release.

Most of the new ones seem to lack personality. I have my Nox Prime and Nekros Prime, so I don't need any new warframes. What I need are upgrades to the modes of the game that I WANT TO PLAY. Like Defense, Survival and Lith variants of both. I need a way to get nitain that doesn't rely on the nightwave. Which is currently not in the game btw. RIP anyone who had a decent amount of wolf credits or anyone who needed the alert rewards for something.

They still have a TON of warframes in the game who either don't work as intended or don't work at all. But rather than redesign them, they'll just keep releasing new frames. I realize they do that to bait warframe's whales like kugel to buy the new frames, but I'm not interested in new frames. I'm enjoying the frames I have now. I have a prisma shade and enough warframes to cycle through for another 200 hours easily. The bigger problem with the game is most of the content disappears after about 200 or so hours of play. I'm at 450ish hours and I only log on to get my login when I think of it and maybe play a few rounds of lith defense if I'm bored.

The core gameplay is fucking fantastic but most of the modes don't give me rewards I need and a lot of the game types are annoying or boring.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:02 am

Ghouls will actually give you nitain but good luck with that not being up right now, too. I thought they'd have the foresight to re-enable the old alerts in between seasons but nope! That'd make too much sense and probably be easy so we can't have that.

I'm okay with them releasing new frames as long as they touch on older frames. They've confirmed a Wukong and Vauban rework (and one other that I don't remember) but it really should be the priority over new frames.
I'm also fine with a new game mode here or there. Disruption is actually quality, unlike Infested Salvage and Defection which are, for all intents and purposes, dead modes. At least Defection has some value as an arbitration mission, I guess.
I'm also okay with new boss mechanics like the Ropalolyst. I just wish it wasn't a 2 minute romp with even a mid-tier weapon.

Their problem is that they went mainstream and got funded by China. Their development cycle has become more and more spaced out ever since then. Updating the tilesets, adding new gamemodes, balancing old frames, reworking melee-- all these sorts of things should have come before spending two years on two different open world maps and cinematic quests.
At least the cinematic quests were decent, I guess, but they have significantly less impact on any players that weren't playing for years before The Second Dream came out.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:24 am

If a mission type isn't in the Lith rotation, I don't give a single fuck about it. I wish we could get more Lith missions on planets that also give potato seeds.

The reason I want every mission type that's fun to be in the Lith rotation is because you basically earn double rewards playing that way.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:31 am

I haven't played or spent money on Warframe since Nightwave, which I really didn't care for.
Eventually, I'll play again but right now I'm focused on Trials.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:31 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:24 am
If a mission type isn't in the Lith rotation, I don't give a single fuck about it. I wish we could get more Lith missions on planets that also give potato seeds.

The reason I want every mission type that's fun to be in the Lith rotation is because you basically earn double rewards playing that way.
I'm really not trying to be that guy but... how? That's not how it works.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Pepsi Man wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:31 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:24 am

I'm really not trying to be that guy but... how? That's not how it works.
How what? If you play a Lith rotation, you get

1) the rewards you would normally get from that map including drops like potato seeds or tellurium and bonuses for successive waves
2) relic rewards

If you doubt you get more from playing lith missions, do a lith excavation sometime with 4 people who know what the hell they're doing. You'll be amazed. You're farming cryotic while you're farming lith relics while you're farming lith REWARDS while you're farming normal drops. Edit: And you're in a mode that you literally cannot fail out of, because excavators being destroyed isn't a fail state apparently.

I can't go back to normal warframe after that shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Do you mean regular relic runs? Because Lith, Meso, Neo, and Axi are all different relic tiers. You get relics from endless missions of any variety with only Axi being difficult to replace.

Also what the actual hell are, "potato seeds?"

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:10 pm

Lith as in lith fissure. Yes, relic runs.

Potato seeds are the yellow seeds you use to make your potatoes. You get them from Helene.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:18 pm

You aren't getting doubled rewards from Lith fissure runs as compared to any other fissure. Aside from spamming Axi relics you're going to replace Lith, Meso, and Neo at a rate nearly equal to which you spend them, anyway, and still be gaining all of those things you're mentioning.

Also you mean Orokin cells? I know the Warframe community calls things by vegetable names a lot but making up your own and using them like they're common is actually retarded.