Telltale Games Shutting Down

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Telltale Games Shutting Down

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 pm

I actually liked the first walking dead game, and I never watched the show or read the comics so it did a good job of separating itself, however the game was only good because the characters were pretty good. I don't see clem as a feminist icon, just someone who has to survive.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:56 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 pm
I actually liked the first walking dead game, and I never watched the show or read the comics so it did a good job of separating itself, however the game was only good because the characters were pretty good. I don't see clem as a feminist icon, just someone who has to survive.
>game

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:07 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 pm
however the game was only good because the characters were pretty good.
That's the problem, mad bum. The characters may have been pretty good, but what does that mean in the grand scheme of things? Does that mean the gameplay is good? No, it just simply means that the story and/or characters are good. But as a game these things fucking suck, Telltale couldn't make a good goddamn game to save their lives. It's all narrative bullshit, it's all deep plotz bullshit.

Telltale games may be even worse than the shit made by Quantic Dream. Holy fuck, imagine that. I just gave David Cage and his faggot cronies faint praise. Someone kill me.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Do you not like point and click games, Rapeculture? That's kind of the genre convention--emphasizing story and characters and solving puzzles to advance. The Sam & Max games were some of Telltale's best work.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Ironically some of the best lets plays are point and click games.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:44 pm

That doesn't help sales for sure. Why pay 20 bucks to play through it when you can watch it on youtube for free?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:58 pm

Ah no, I assume that's what most people are doing now which only killed there business.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Osterzone wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 pm
Do you not like point and click games, Rapeculture? That's kind of the genre convention--emphasizing story and characters and solving puzzles to advance. The Sam & Max games were some of Telltale's best work.
The puzzle part was the gameplay in those games, while in their more recent "games" they took the focus off that. Rather than solve the issue of these puzzles often having solutions that make no fucking sense and solutions that would make sense not even fucking work because the designer didn't intend it, they just dumbed it down immensely.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:27 am

The narrative part of TT's games got dumbed down too. Often times you'll be asked to make a choice in the game and it will affect fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Make X choice, the guy dies, make Y choice, the guy dies too. Fucking GAY.

I'm sick of narrative experiences using gaming tech being passed off as "games." They are so fucking not games. They are fucking cancer. And I am honestly tired of it.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:21 am

If you look at the most popular games of the gamecube generation, it was all about gameplay. Soul Calibur 2. RE4. REmake. SSB Melee.

On PS2 it was mostly the same. Even so-called cinematic games like God of War 2 had plenty of gameplay.

Xbox original was all about gameplay as well with titles like Halo, Unreal Championship 2, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath and ports of pc games like Max Payne 2 or Painkiller.

It wasn't really until the first episode of the walking dead telltale trash took off + Last of Us and Uncharted became big names that we got all this fake movie video game bullshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome