Cyberpunk 2077 train wreck general

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 train wreck general

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:58 am

Imagine bringing up paid reviews as if that proves your game is good. Explain why you demanded review embargoes if you knew the game was so good, then?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:59 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:58 am
Imagine bringing up paid reviews as if that proves your game is good. Explain why you demanded review embargoes if you knew the game was so good, then?
Shut up and believe the metacritic, goyim!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:02 am

Random woke dude on a wordpress vlog gives 10/10, gets added to the metacritic
Random critical dude on a different wordpress vlog gives 2/10, not added to the metacritic

Seems legit
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:11 am

It's legit enough to them, seeing as they take it as a yardstick to pay bonuses or not. Absolutely hilarious how messed up the vidya industry is.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:44 am

>journalists loved Semenspunk 2007!
Thats not a ringing endorsement.
>our fake trailer is totally a demo! and its totally not fake!!11
Dick Nuckem 5ever did that same thing so I dont why CDPR wouldnt.

That Jewish lil rat's article was nothing special but it has Adumb spinning his wheels and twisting himself into knots. As expected of Jews, I guess.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:42 pm

That's an expert piece of marketing spin. So good that even DSP is dunking on them in the replies. Sad!

Literally avoiding the point or lying the whole way through. The car ambush doesn't happen in the game, not really. The bit he's referring to takes place in a scripted sequence very early in the game, and its basically a bog standard on rails section. The one in the demo was claimed to be dynamic, and was a consequence of your choices earlier in the game. Instead we got a heavily scripted mandatory sequence that never happens again. But of course he knows that, typical marketing spin hiding behind technicalities and shit.

Also those 9s and 10s, lol. I actually do understand why that happened. I don't agree with it but I understand it. These journos got the game code very late, so had to rush through a lot of the story content which is fairly solid if you ignore all the other shit. Every problem with the game, CDPR probably said "it's just a bug bro" and that they would fix it before release. Also the one Gamespot journo who dared to give the game a 7/10 got the CDPR simp army harassing them and shit.

Guestfag

Post by Guestfag » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:17 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:42 pm
Also those 9s and 10s, lol. I actually do understand why that happened. I don't agree with it but I understand it. These journos got the game code very late, so had to rush through a lot of the story content which is fairly solid if you ignore all the other shit. Every problem with the game, CDPR probably said "it's just a bug bro" and that they would fix it before release. Also the one Gamespot journo who dared to give the game a 7/10 got the CDPR simp army harassing them and shit.
Don't defend those fucks with rushing. It's pathetic as cuck excuse that doesn't even explain anything.
When those "rushing" retards themselves said that SHORT MQ is a GOOD THING in fucking RPG (when it's not even that), you know score doesn't come from rushing.
Those CDPR shitheads tripled marketing budget some time before release. You think why is that?
Also notice how those jurno cucks waited UNTIL MONDAY to shit on console versions. You think why that happened?
They were paid for it and with big outlets it's not pocket change.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:33 pm

I don't believe the paying for reviews/access thing goes on, that's lazy brainlet thinking. After all the console ports got absolutely slaughtered by critics, even ign gave it a 4/10 I think. No company would pay for a port of their game to get shit on just to lend credibility to the pc version lmao. But I do think companies influence and pressure reviewers by hassling them whenever they give negative reviews, in fact I know it happens. What does happen is that reviewers get swept up with the hype like fanboys and overlook massive crippling problems with the game because muh CDPR-sama wouldn't lie to me, surely it's just a bug that will be fixed on release. That almost certainly happened here.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:38 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:42 pm

The car ambush doesn't happen in the game, not really. The bit he's referring to takes place in a scripted sequence very early in the game, and its basically a bog standard on rails section. The one in the demo was claimed to be dynamic, and was a consequence of your choices earlier in the game. Instead we got a heavily scripted mandatory sequence that never happens again.
I knew that was the case the FIRST time I saw the car ambush in promo video, well before the game had come out. I knew from the jump that it was a one-off scripted sequence that would be completely on rails. :lol:

Game companies are so fucking predictable. If you see something that looks """"impressive""" (aka like game awards or hype bait) then 99% of the time it's either an elaborate bullshot or a scripted movie with little or no gameplay.

And that's because game companies have no interest in pushing boundaries on gameplay. The big money is spent on actor likenesses and visuals. Maybe some for soundtrack licensing. But gameplay? Fuck that! Give them the same old skinnerbox bullshit they got twenty years ago! That's good enough for those mouth-breathers!

Gameplay in looterscootershooters still hasn't evolved from borderlands 1. Hell, most of the time, it's not even as good as borderlands 1. 2009 to 2021 with no improvements. Just an example of a single genre, but there are many more. Have third-person open world crime games improved in any way since Saints Row 2? The AC3 engine was rather famously used for all the assassin's creed games until Unity (which was shit.) 3d Platformers have actively downgraded, but that's understandable since the genre is no longer a priority. Over-the-shoulder survival horror hasn't improved since RE-fucking-Four. Cover shooter hasn't improved since Gears 3, or really Gears 2 if you want to get technical (Gears 3 just has way more weapons and better level design, but uses the same controls.)

^This right here is why I find so many (((new))) games tiresome. I think the only souls knockoff that felt like its own thing was Nioh, and that more because it was a bizarre tripartite cobbling-together of Nigga Gaiden, Souls and Diablo.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:46 pm

Nioh was good shit. Apparently Mortal Shell adds something to the formula too but I haven't played it.

Anyone buying AAA on release deserves to get fucked imo. They're all without exception early access games that take a year+ to fix. At least baldurs gate 3 is upfront about being early access even if it's still full price. I honestly think if studios just slapped an early access label on a game they'd avoid a lot of these issues, but it'll never happen because muh pre orders.