Good and / or underrated capeshit games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Good and / or underrated capeshit games

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 12, 2018 9:07 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:52 pm
Could saints row 4 be counted as cape shit?
I don't think so. Having super powers doesn't make something capeshit. You wouldn't call The Matrix capeshit either.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Super powers in cyberspace don't count. I guess Neo did some IRL technokinesis like once or twice, but that's about it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun May 13, 2018 12:04 am

even if SR4 counts, its pure garbage
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 13, 2018 12:52 am

Saints Row 4 is just Prototype with the serial numbers filed off, an even shittier police system and a bunch of internet memes.

Prototype 1 works because the edgetard protagonist isn't a nice person. He's just an asshole who got infected with a god virus and he decides to fuck over the military and general population because the military fucked him over first. They don't even try to make you think mercer is a good guy when you can swallow a civvie whole and punch a tank into red mist with your guyver fists.

Crackdown was fun back in the day but has aged VERY poorly. A lot of stuff, such as the upgrade system, shooting mechanics and driving, were never good but god DAMN if they feel bad compared to more modern games. Hell, bad compared to Prototype tbh.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun May 13, 2018 10:42 am

I figured someone would have named arkham asylum and the second batman game by now, those got hyped hard back then.

I still need to play them so I cant say if they actually are any good but back then it seemed everyone and their mother loved it.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Sun May 13, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Not underrated enough.

Though they where pretty cool for a stealthy Metroidvania and a more open-worldy stealthy Metroidvania, respectively.

Detective Mode is a bit OP though. I could see Batman having some sensors to tell him the rough location of some goons walking around, but the guy can straight up see their skeletons through walls.

Arkham City feels a bit awkward. It's cool being able to zip and glide around all over the place, but the setting feels oddly confined and gamey. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Escape-from-New-York-style premise came about because at that time they couldn't figure out how to make an actual city with cars 'n' shit work.

I know there's some comic storyline where the entire city gets fucked up by an earthquake and subsequently abandoned by the government, but at least that's kinda more justified than some mad scientist going "How about we build a wall around the shittier part of town and call it a prison?!".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Arkham Asylum is fine. While the combat system is kind of basic and easy, it's satisfying and needlessly styling on the enemies is super fun.
The voice acting and writing are good as well. Well worth a playthrough.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 13, 2018 5:58 pm

The games themselves are fine. Detective Vision as a concept sucks shit and ruined a generation of games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun May 13, 2018 9:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:44 pm
Don't ditch on that first FF. Jumping to the second straight away might be a bit too confusing.

It's also pritty gud, I just like the energy management in the second one more.
Do you know how/where to get custom hero packs or at least more skins?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 pm

This site has quite a bit of stuff. Mods, some generic power sfx for custom heroes, and a converter that lets you use any skins from FR in FRv3R (which is handy considering FR includes around 3 skins intended for OCs which didn't return in the sequel).
-Yours Truly