What are some good games that you can play in small portions? (when cleaning the house)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

What are some good games that you can play in small portions? (when cleaning the house)

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:44 am

I hate cleaning so much I usually do something else next to it.
For a long time I just started up football manager, put in my starting 11 and let the match play while I vacuumed a room.

Im totally over football manager though, once the number of hours played gets over 1500 it really is a wake up call as to "what the fuck am I doing still spending time on this, Ive seen and done everything this game has to offer 20 times over"

So now Im looking for a new game to start up when I want to clean the house. Turnbased works but whenever I start up divinity original sin 2 I usually keep hanging in a battle that lasts 20 minutes and forget to go back to cleaning :P
Civilization worked nice too, too bad those all suck passed 3 or so.

Any suggestions here that allow me to combine my chores with gaming? I dont think anything will be as perfect as FM but im curious to find out or maybe even find a new genre. What made it perfect is that 90% of the player input is before the match is played, all you need to do during the match is adjust tactics once or twice and make a few subs. Not sure if any other genre of games has that split between player input and passive gameplay.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: What are some good games that you can play in small portions? (when cleaning the house)

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:33 pm

What I do is older games with long que times like WarCraft 3. Until I hear que pop, I'm doing other shit.

Even when the que pops, I can team kill or play for real. Really basic life stuff isn't hard for me to get into, buy it's fun.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Auli

Re: What are some good games that you can play in small portions? (when cleaning the house)

Post by Auli » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:50 pm

FTL?

Take a map, then clean. Or take one... uh FTL at a time.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Grand strategy games like Crusader Kings 2 could work due to their slower pace.

Galactic Civilization 2 (or 3, but I dunno how that one is) is a Civ alternative IN SPAAAACE.

You can probably let Kerbla Space Program run for a good while during transit.

There are two turn-based fantasy strategy games called "Dominions" and "Conquest of Elysium" by the same developer. The thing about those two is that combat is fully-automated to make play-by-email games less of a hassle. You can just end your turn and then watch a playback of the fight.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 pm

I usually listen to music or podcasts. If I were to do something more interactive at the same time I'd just take much longer.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:24 pm

I listen to shitty videos when I'm doing something like that. I don't want to play a game because it seems like it would take too much concentration.

I guess a strategy game of some sort would be a good fit, like an advance wars or final fantasy tactics game.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 am

Thanks for the suggestions, FTL actually worked pretty well, just a few nodes and go back to cleaning.

And yeah I usually just do it while listening to a podcast but the one I follow is just once a weekly and got delayed for a whole day so it fucked up my planning.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Gratuitous Space Battles (specifically the first one; the sequel appears to be a bit shite) might also do the trick. It consists of a bunch of challenge maps where you have to beat the enemy fleet with your own. Like in football manager every player input is done before the battle, with the ships acting according to the behavior and target priorities you set for them.
There's also some expansion that offers a turn-based strategy mode add some more meat around the battles.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:06 pm

I forgot about gratuitous space battles. I used to use eufloria as a game to play in the background of whatever I was doing.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome