CRPGs

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: CRPGs

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:10 am

Wasn't sure where to put this.

Aspyr has now gone back on their promise to provide the Restored Content mod to Switch users. KotoR 2 on switch was sold specifically on the promise that the restored content would be added very shortly after release.

So what happened?

A year of radio silence. KotoR 2 initially launched on switch uncompletable. A game-stopping bug, long known from the PC version, was left in and rendered most playthroughs impossible to finish. While Aspyr did eventually patch that bug out, KotoR 2 on switch has numerous other bugs which were (afaik) left in. These include:

-npc dialogue going mute randomly
-text speeding up to 1000x normal speed, so the game skips over multiple paragraphs before you can even see they've appeared
-performance issues, stuttering
-crashing

These are just the ones I personally saw during my (brief) playtime, before shelving the game. I was waiting for a patch and the restored content. Guess what? I'm still waiting, lmao.
SpoilerShow
And yes, I already have kotor 2 on pissy and I have mods installed there. The point was portable kotor 2 and the first switch kotor port actually performs well.
During the year of radio silence, Aspyr supposedly went to Sony/Embracer Group to show off the "progress" they'd made on the KotoR 1 remake. Apparently, that showing went so poorly that Embracer/Sony immediately took them off the project. It's being rumored that Aspyr is effectively gutted at this point, multiple employees have left and Aspyr's announcement it won't be adding the restored content to kotor 2 switch is a tacit admission they also won't be doing anything else in game development.

Notably, Aspyr, despite advertising KotoR 2 switch on the strength of the restored content DLC, are not offering any refunds. Their apology amounts to little more than a BP oil spill "we're sorry" followed by a mealy-mouthed attempt at appeasements with game vouchers for other (shit) ports that cost them nothing to hand out. Seems like a textbook case of false advertising. I hope they're flooded with refund requests. Nintendo being Nintendo, they usually never issue refunds for anything no matter how much you got ripped off. :lol: But I'm curious to see what happens. IF I can dig out my receipt, I might file a complaint with Nigtendo. Pretty wild to have to keep game receipts from over a year ago, tbh.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:13 am

Why buy a Switch version on the basis of some fabled DLC before said fabled DLC has even come out?
Why buy a Switch version at all when this fabled DLC is literally a free mod that the PC version has enjoyed for years?
The only re-release I can think of that is even more retarded is HoMM 3 HD where they somehow had the bright idea to not include the expansions (which of course have never materialized for the HD version).

But in much better news: YIIK is getting it's Definitive Edition called the "I.V update" :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:23 pm

YIIIIIIIIIIK is being updated? That's hilarious! :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!