HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY! (Vermintide 2)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY! (Vermintide 2)

Post by mad bum » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:35 am

Ya'll mother fuckers need to get this game, the first one was fun but very flawed, second one made it really good.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY! (Vermintide 2)

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm

I never much cared for this kind of horde shooter. I didn't like L4D at all either.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm
I didn't like L4D at all either.
Glad I'm not the only one. I see fuckers with 2000+ hours in it when I got sick of it after just a few matches.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:17 pm

But does it have Sigmarines in it?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mistermott

Post by mistermott » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 pm

as much as I wanted to get it. my processor just wouldn't be able to handle it on full which to be honest if I'm gonna play something that nice looking might as well go all the way.

till then Surviving Mars will have to do.
There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm
I never much cared for this kind of horde shooter. I didn't like L4D at all either.
I'd agree with you on the first one, which is why I felt ripped off because it basically was more or less left 4 dead with swords, but this one just improves upon that aspect and really makes it a diablo sorta loot game on constantly improving yourself, which I really love in games.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:42 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:35 am
the first one was fun but very flawed
Not for me. After watching plenty of videos, I've convinced myself that I just might like it, despite it looking like a L4D clone. And I don't like L4D, it always felt just so boring and mundaine to me, the worst thing about it was that I felt like I was having absolutely no impact on anything, I guess I need a game where guns feel less like peashooters and enemies react in general better than in, well, L4D.

So, what a surprise, I didn't like it and neither did my friend that I've convinced to buy it. Sometimes this happens, where I should trust my instincts more than trying new things. In short, I felt that L4D had extremely unsatisfying gunplay and gameplay in general, and it carried over to Vermintide. I've disliked all the starter weapons, whenever they were meelee or long range.

If a lot of people like this specific type of FPS, that's fine, but I couldn't, despite trying.

This sequel does look more fleshed out and really it's own thing, not just L4D clone, but I've already burned myself twice with this type of game, I'm not going to do it third time. I'll rather have dumb fun with a friend in Far Cuck 5.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 am

The L4D series are some of my least favourite video games of all time but I actually quite liked Vermintide.

It had interesting maps with cool gimmicks that weren't just boring corridors followed by a large boring open space
The characters were different and had their own unique mechanics
Good amount of weapon variety with the loot system
Side objectives like tomes and stormvermin that added a risk/reward feature to your playthrough
And of course the flavour of it, being set in a great fantasy world rather than generic cities and swamps

One of its major flaws however was its special skaven, who were mostly lifted from L4D's own uninspired special infected. Incredibly poor and lazy design in an attempt to force co-op.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:48 am

Yeah I understand that it's not for everyone, but for me online co-op games are scarce and finding a good one is even harder.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:17 am

Well, I play Warframe for that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!