HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY! (Vermintide 2)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mistermott

Re: HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY! (Vermintide 2)

Post by mistermott » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:37 am

I would be wondering how the learning curve is in that game.

I'm also curious how it handles newcomers does it give you some lore or story so you can follow along or do you need to read up on that yourself?

granted I only got to play a few minutes of the original one before I had to stop cause it ran like hot garbage.
There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:09 am

mistermott wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:37 am
I would be wondering how the learning curve is in that game.

I'm also curious how it handles newcomers does it give you some lore or story so you can follow along or do you need to read up on that yourself?

granted I only got to play a few minutes of the original one before I had to stop cause it ran like hot garbage.
The first 5 levels are dark souls hard, after you level up some game gets easier, then after 15 you can start going into the harder difficulties.

The lore isn't needed because half the fun is the characters bantering at each other while you play.

Don't play the elf because people will hate you.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 am

Hmmm seems like something I would enjoy at least for a few games per night.

Just dont like the price point tbh. Dont like paying that much for games where you basically get "a round" worth of unique gameplay that just repeats and repeats unless Im mistaken about the concept.

Perhaps if I can find it for 15 or lower somewhere Ill bite.
On second look. also seems to be a DLC milking kind of game which is offputting to me to say the least.

Even if I find it cheap now there will be at least 50 euro more costs later on it seems...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Still on the fence but since I can find it for 17 - 18 euro's I might bite after all. just not sure about the positives and negatives of the game yet, steam reviews mention a lot of bugs but that doesnt tell me much about any possible gameplay flaws.

edit: Some reviews are saying the loot system is like DESTINY 2?!?!? If so fuck that why did they go for the worst loot system in history in gaming???

So all you will be looking at is some dumb number instead of how a weapon or piece of gear actually functions in your build?
Fok
Dat
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:40 pm

On steam people explained that the loot system isnt as bad as in destiny and the power number isnt the only factor and since cdkeys had it for 18 euro I jumped on it.

Not a single regret after 5 games or so, very viceral and exciting gameplay.
Started out with the witch hunter and every game I had a new weapon to test so thats a very positive thing so far.

The community seems nice too. The tutorial is very short and I couldnt figure out how to play offline with bot allies (if thats even possible) for the first few levels and to learn my char and the game. So I was forced to jump online right away and I feared the worst after reading some complaints about the kicksystem being used a bit to happily.

But the first game I did fairly well following the others and still killed heaps, I wasnt using all my characters abilities correctly yet so my second game I tried geting a graps on those and sucked quite a bit but no kick or anything.
few games later I actually apoligized for sucking, it was a level I hadnt played before and the new weapon I took along just didnt fit my style. Even they didnt kick me so I dont know where those kickstories come from or how retarded they had to play.

As soon as Im not sure what to do or what risks I should take I just focus on keeping the others safe and ressing them so im not useless.

Should hit the next difficulty level tonight so then the game should really start to shine
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:47 am

Unrelated but any opinion on Mordheim?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:26 pm

I think that one would've been cleaner if they went for hex grids. I know the original is an open tabletop game, but I just find the move radius system a bit finnicky.

Units also feel a bit spongy, or at least knocking people out - and getting knocked out - feels like it takes 2-3 hits too many (especially compared to actual Mordheim where non-heroes can get one-shotted).

And either I suck really bad at this game, or I really never made enough money to upgrade anyone properly.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:40 pm

On Vermintide 2:

I see this getting repetitive very soon unless they release more maps / enemy types / character (or careers) or some extra modes.

Its still fun but 25 more hours of the same and I feel I might be putting it on the backburner pretty soon.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:48 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:40 pm
On Vermintide 2:

I see this getting repetitive very soon unless they release more maps / enemy types / character (or careers) or some extra modes.

Its still fun but 25 more hours of the same and I feel I might be putting it on the backburner pretty soon.
Well it's a diablo type game where you're expected to constantly be bettering yourself and go on higher difficulties, and you can also play other classes and characters to mix it up a little.

I'm level 23 on witch hunter currently, will probably play sienna once I get 25.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Diablo gives you new skills on higher levels, here you are stuck with the same 2 for each career.

My main is a WH too, or at least his second job. got the elf to spear class and had to play the soldier dude once because the other classes were taken.

It mixes it up a bit but not enough, not every char feels different enough and like I said you hardly develop your character, the skills you do chose hardly impact playstyle.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine