After hoping for years, Chrono Trigger is finally on steam! But...

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

After hoping for years, Chrono Trigger is finally on steam! But...

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:33 am

Its another shit port FUCKYOU GAME DEVS STOP STABBING ME IN THE BACK

Ffs it even uses text from the mobile versions like emoji's are not supported or saving data dont turn of your phone..

Lazy moneygrabbing hacks ill just buy it to leave a bad review and then refund fukkkkkkkccckckckckckckk
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Re: After hoping for years, Chrono Trigger is finally on steam! But...

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 am

Gay.
At least the DS version isn't shit.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:57 am

Why don't you just ignore them and pretend nothing happened. It's not like they changed the contents of VC/snes version LucasFilm style.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:47 pm

because I want CT on steam maybe???
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:08 pm

A lot of old games that get released on Steam are generally in terrible shape, best to be avoided. Unless it's on gog, you can't expect them to care about delivering something polished for current year.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:21 pm

Zsnes is your friend. Steam doesn't curate for shit when it comes to old games. I think I mentioned the abortion that is their handling of the Quake series.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:26 pm

The older Square ports are complete shit. FFIX is the Android version - not even ported to PC, they actually bundled it with and Android emulator in the installer to run on Windows.

FF3 is a port from the DS version. You know, the version with menus designed for use with a touchscreen. Except the port uses the same menus without touch support. You'd expect to be able to mouseclick on them and use them the same as touch, but no you can only navigate them with the D pad.
Is Spoony dead yet?

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Yeah I have the ROM and even the iphone version, this is like one in 3 games that I love though so I just wanted to buy it to give devs more incentive to port old classics or create a new jrpg with such a battlesystem etc.

Shouldve known better. Just goes to show how bad this version is. I love chrono trigger so much I blindly paid 15 bucks for something that should be 5 bucks in prime state, and its not even that. A lot has to be wrong in order for me to insta refund Chrono Trigger gaming is muerteeee.

edit: also the mobile version and ROM dont have the cut scenes so I basically got it for that but the cutscenes were low quality rips with black borders SMH
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:27 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:21 pm
Zsnes is your friend. Steam doesn't curate for shit when it comes to old games. I think I mentioned the abortion that is their handling of the Quake series.
Or how about higan? Accurate as fuck (though SNES emulation is good enough that this only matters in a select few titles), and I find the organization better cause every game gets his own folder with everything you need in it (ROM, battery saves, quicksaves, whatever). ZSNES and others just have the games in one folder and the saves in another.

(It also doesn't let you turn off specific layers or comes with a large list of filters out of the box, but I don't really care about either of those points.)
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:26 pm
FF3 is a port from the DS version. You know, the version with menus designed for use with a touchscreen. Except the port uses the same menus without touch support. You'd expect to be able to mouseclick on them and use them the same as touch, but no you can only navigate them with the D pad.
And CT is like the ports of FF5 and FF6 in that they ran a crappy filter over everything - including entire tilesets, so say hello to tiles bleeding into each other. This is TGWTG-levels of amateurish.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm
Yeah I have the ROM and even the iphone version, this is like one in 3 games that I love though so I just wanted to buy it to give devs more incentive to port old classics or create a new jrpg with such a battlesystem etc.
Never buy shit in the vain hope that the shit supplier will stop supplying you with shit. Let them crash and burn so a more sensible person can pick up the scraps.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:00 pm

higan is my preferred SNES emulator. I run everything in Retroarch though so it uses its own folder structure for saves, etc.
Is Spoony dead yet?