After hoping for years, Chrono Trigger is finally on steam! But...

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: After hoping for years, Chrono Trigger is finally on steam! But...

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 pm

I had a No Ma'am shirt back when people actually had a thick skin.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:08 am
Also, SquareEnix seems to be bent on fucking Square's SNES-era legacy: FF VI, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger... funny that they still haven't touched the Enix's side of the bargain (if they ever dare to do these shitty remakes of Illusion of Gaia and Terranignma, bodies will bleed to death).
You can bet your ass they will have a shitty remake. In the a best case scenario you can expect is a remake using simple 3D chibi graphics. 'Cause as soon as they decide to stick to 2D, you can bet your ass that they will upscale and filter the original assets into oblivion.

I almost think they're doing that on purpose. They're to cheap to make new sprites, but they're also too batshit to just leave the original sprites alone. They just have to make sure that the game looks shittier than it did 20+ years ago.
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:29 am
I love Illusion of Gaia as well, plebbiteur. It's my childhood. I remember seeing maps like Ankor Wat and losing my shit. The music was dope as fuck and the game was hard as nails.
IoG was friggin' epic. I thought the dungeons were a bit confusing and the bosses a bit weird (they have no i-frames, so you're expected to mash the shit out of the attack button whenever you can get a clear shot), but man did the atmosphere make up for it big time.

Also dat ghost ship with the ghost girl. Sad.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:10 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 am
Gay.
At least the DS version isn't shit.
Snes version or PS version or bust, fuck that ChronoCross related added on shit

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 am

Real talk: Chrono Trigger < Illusion of Gaia

Nerd CT vs Chad Gaia

Nerd CT:

>praised by everyone, but all the versions available for modern consoles are trash
>constantly fucked over by devs, whether by destroying fan projects, adding load times or shoehorning in shitty dungeons referencing a worse game
>got a sequel nobody liked and destroyed its own legacy
>became so popular that people pretend to like it for nerd cred and hipsters co-opted the fuck out of it
>popularized edgelord RPG characters like Sephiroth due to the success of Magus
>never had any sequels worthy of the name, nor anything in its extended family worth speaking of
>so easy even Angry Joe can beat it 12 times
>story is about stopping a porcupine from shitting fire on the planet
>locations are all cheesy manga stereotypes that don't exist IRL
>main character kills himself because he's too pussy to do anything else; relies on friends to save his ass

Chad Gaia:

>the true unknown classic RPG gem
>everyone who played it loved it
>actually difficult-no game journo pro scrubs need apply
>music is just as good as CT but far less known
>character development beats the fuck out of CT, hell there's even a section where the main characters starve to death at sea
>story takes you from the start of humanity to the point at which mankind becomes god itself and fights the spirit of the planet to determine its own fate
>visit real-world locations such as Angkor Wat and the Pyramids-gain culture while you play
>story written by a real novelist
>Soul Blazer and Act Raiser kicked fucking ass-Chad Gaia has only champions in his family
>Will fights by himself in 3 different forms as he becomes the Ubermensch; no pussy party members needed at all
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:52 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 am
>Soul Blazer and Act Raiser kicked fucking ass-Chad Gaia has only champions in his family
wut about TerraNIGma?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:18 am

I'm very much a soul blazer guy myself, I used to rent the shit out of that game and still would like a physical copy if it wasn't so damn expensive.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:49 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Real talk: Chrono Trigger < Illusion of Gaia

Nerd CT vs Chad Gaia

Nerd CT:

>praised by everyone, but all the versions available for modern consoles are trash
>constantly fucked over by devs, whether by destroying fan projects, adding load times or shoehorning in shitty dungeons referencing a worse game
>got a sequel nobody liked and destroyed its own legacy
>became so popular that people pretend to like it for nerd cred and hipsters co-opted the fuck out of it
>popularized edgelord RPG characters like Sephiroth due to the success of Magus
>never had any sequels worthy of the name, nor anything in its extended family worth speaking of
>so easy even Angry Joe can beat it 12 times
>story is about stopping a porcupine from shitting fire on the planet
>locations are all cheesy manga stereotypes that don't exist IRL
>main character kills himself because he's too pussy to do anything else; relies on friends to save his ass

Chad Gaia:

>the true unknown classic RPG gem
>everyone who played it loved it
>actually difficult-no game journo pro scrubs need apply
>music is just as good as CT but far less known
>character development beats the fuck out of CT, hell there's even a section where the main characters starve to death at sea
>story takes you from the start of humanity to the point at which mankind becomes god itself and fights the spirit of the planet to determine its own fate
>visit real-world locations such as Angkor Wat and the Pyramids-gain culture while you play
>story written by a real novelist
>Will fights by himself in 3 different forms as he becomes the Ubermensch; no pussy party members needed at all
Im not even going to bite
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Maybe it's because I actually grew up with the game, but I kind alike the IoG soundtrack more than the CT one. Has some more mysterious and haunting tunes.
rabidtictac wrote:

And does CT have a scene where a close companion to one of the main characters burns himself alive so the others can eat him and survive? No it fucking doesn't.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:36 pm

theyre promising some patches but Im not biting again until they actually fixed the game, its SE we're talking about afterall. Lied about patching before and some of their games are still unfixed after a year (hello Nier)
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Needing patches for a game that was on SNES/PS1/DS. Shamefur.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:20 pm

The only "patch" this thing needs is "replace this whole piece of crap with a copy of the original ROM played through an emulator".

(The emulator will probably be ZSNES, though.)
-Yours Truly