You are already dead.

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: You are already dead.

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Basic but satisfying is beatemups.txt. If it's as good as Ken's Rage, I'll be happy. Ken's Rage is one of my favorite games of its console generation at this point.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Gven that's it's built on Yakuza 0+ engine with improvements on the gameplay and the usual Yakuza games fare like baseball, golf, odd jobs etc it's gonna be baller for us HnK fans. Here's the baseball minigame :

The rest better wait and see some videos of the combat first beyond the demo ones we have now.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:05 pm

It's a shame Hokuto franchise failed to expand its universe properly and they have to use the same canonically dead characters, same plot, same everything over and over again.

Please someone hire competent writers and make a KotOR of Hokuto, not mediocre prequels, sequels or retarded spin-offs.
SpoilerShow
I can live with good a rip-off too if it was "over the top kung-fu violence in MadMax-ish world done right."

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:23 pm

All anyone really wants from a new hokuto no ken series is the same ultraviolent apocalypse. Add some new jobber bandits and new badass martial artists and keep rolling.

Or they could do an OVA reboot of the Raoh Gaiden animu story, I guess. It's probably retarded as fuck, but I don't know because the actual animu has terrible animation. I need an OVA of it so my eyes won't bleed while I watch.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:03 pm

Does HnK already have an obligatory high school alternate universe? Or one where a minor girl character becomes a magical girl?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:53 pm

I tooled around with the second half of the demo earlier, which is a much larger slice of the game that gives a better idea of what it'll be like. It takes place in the overworld/hub town, bounces you around a few locations to earn money to buy what I assume is a car part, then lets you drive around the overworld for a while.

Around the hub town are gangs you can walk up to and challenge. There's your usual shit you'll find in any game town, minigames, plus some sort of arena you can fight dudes in. The driving is kinda lame though, the overworld desert is pretty shit looking and the car doesn't feel fast or weighty enough. It just isn't satisfying, like the fighting is. I get what they were going for with a massive, sparse desert, but the graphics aren't good enough to pull it off so it just looks like a flat, boring PS2-tier map with fuck all to do in it apart from find roving gangs.

The fighting is great though. There are definitely a lot of nuances in there that I'm picking up now even though I can't read the tutorials. It's not a button masher either, which makes it more satisfying to juggle combo some dude and pick him out of the air into some ridiculous finisher QTE. If it sticks to the bread and butter of fighting and doesn't have you driving around too much it'll be worth a buy if it gets a Western release.