How is Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: How is Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

Post by mad bum » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Why not just pirate it until it goes on sale or something
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Pirating is useful when the pirated version is playable. When a game is this bugged and has this many big patches your pirated version will fuck up 9 times out of 10.

Best options are to wait for patches to fix the game and then buy it, or if its questionable still then you wait until there is a pirated GOTY version or something that includes the base fixes, its a wait but most gamers have backlogs anyway and its better than playing an inferior broken version.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Sounds like you guys need a PLAY DATE!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:01 am

So i'm at like hour 20 into the game, and I really do like it. However I probably woulda been mad if I spent $60 on it.

Do the typical wait for a $30 sale, I still haven't figured out sword play and just end up wearing plate armor and using a bow because they actually kill.

Another pro for this game though is that its basically DEUS VULT: THE VIDEO GAME.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Gunner445

Post by Gunner445 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:45 pm

Looks incredible, graphics are really nice, combat looks clunky though, it seems the fight system is meant for a one on one fight, if you're fighting against multiple enemies then the others can just go around and strike you anywhere while your focus on fighting that one guy.

Also the voice acting is a bit below average(could have atleast gotten Troy Baker to do some fake accents)

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:51 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 am
So even after a fucking 25GB day one patch its full of bugs?
Here is how it works - when they release 25 GB patch, it's not 25 GB of new data. The data is stored in large chunks, typically around 2 GB each. Now imagine that you have to replace one tiny file in that big, compressed archive. To my understanding, it's possible to patch such system in a way that doesn't require such absurd file handing, but game development is all about cutting corners where you can, and with this game, they certainly tried. Ubisoft does same thing, Wildlands typically has patches that can be from 10-15 GB on uplay, but interestingly enough, on steam they are much smaller, usually around 5 GB, so it would seem like steam just has better way to process data.

I've backed Kingdom Come and I am pretty happy with it myself, despite playing it just for 30 minutes to get the general feel of it for myself - I've mostly watched dev logs and some gameplay streams, I am waiting for the big patch, it should come out this week. It adds some major improvements aside from Save and exit feature - how that wasn't part of the game already, I don't know, but it's going to make a big difference. Without it, the game just doesn't respect your time, and anyone who has some life shouldn't ever be fond of such thing.

It runs decently well on my system, no crashes, but I usually don't have problems even with games that get a lot of criticism for being unstable (Just Cause 3). I love the writing, it is fantastic. The gameplay itself, well, it's rather clunky and certainly could be improved, but just with many other games, this one isn't primarily centered around super well thought mechanically satisfying combat. You can do many things in the game, combat is just one of them and frankly, unless you really want to do it, you don't have to fight too often to begin with. It really is more of an rpg in general than action rpg.

There is of course a big learning curve to combat, with advanced moves etc. My friend raged about the combat in first few hours, because it's just quite difficult to tell what you're doing wrong, since the fist person view gives you this weird lack of depth I suppose, where it's simply problematic to guess how to do things and it takes time to get used to it. When he did, some hours later, and learned some new moves, he is really enjoying himself, despite playing on old computer that can barely run the game - switched from him being rather grumpy about the game to enthusiastic.

Over all, this game is special and I dare to say that there is nothing like that available right now, by which I mean the entire package as it is. It has issues, which is why it's always reasonable to wait, but if you aren't a moron, and did some research (gameplay videos) that tells this is a game you want to play, and after the big patch finally drops, you shouldn't regret getting it.
Gunner445 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:45 pm
Also the voice acting is a bit below average(could have atleast gotten Troy Baker to do some fake accents)
Really? As a foreigner, sometimes I get the feeling that I just can't appreciate when someone is acting badly, but I would say all the main characters are pretty solid. Most of the sound genuine to me, again, perhaps I can't sense the more delicate details, but if I just try to ignore what the characters are saying, the way they talk sounds convincing to me. If the delivery sounds like the actor believes what he's saying, that's good enough for me - and there are many examples especially in games where I am not pleased with the voice acting.

It reminded me of this new short film based off Papers, please, which I think has fantastic acting, despite me not speaking russian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFHHGETsxkE I'm not trying to compare these two on quality level, I think the short film is absolutely fantastic and the acting is somewhere else, but I am sure that someone would come out and say that their acting is bad.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:41 pm

I beat the game if anyone cares.

tl;dr: It was fun, but I wouldn't of been happy if I paid for it. Also game has 0 replayability.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:41 pm
tl;dr: It was fun, but I wouldn't of been happy if I paid for it. Also game has 0 replayability.
You are talking about Kingdom Cum now? The first part, ok, that's on you - I like paying for things I've enjoyed. But zero replaybility? Bitch, it's rpg, it gives you plenty of options how to do things differently! What are you talking about?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:01 pm

The game plays like Morrowind in the sense that everything levels up at once. Also there's no magical gear or anything to really obtain and you become a god halfway through the game.

There's also no hidden areas or anything like that and it's very linear, that's what I mean when once you're done you'll never play it again.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 pm

So far, I have seem multiple people playing the game and they all played it in a vastly different way, so that's why I simply don't believe you. I look at it as an actual rpg (which is what it is, it gives you plenty of options how to play and how to progress and solve different encounters) not a game that mainly consists of loot hoarding etc. You treat it more as if it was something like Zelda, an action adventure game.

Also, how can you say a game that has so many different solutions to situations is linear? Why does that not count? And what about being able to explore the world around you and outside of the main story line, deal with other objectives and situations as you like? I don't think I follow.
mad bum wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:01 pm
there's no magical gear
No shit.