Far Cry 5

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue May 08, 2018 1:05 am

Just youtubed the ending(s) and Im glad I did. I would have been pretty mad if I pushed myself through the boredom only to be rewarded with such shitty endings.

"Far Cry 5 was succesfully removed from your computer."
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 08, 2018 1:07 am

So what is the story even about?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue May 08, 2018 1:18 am

You really are trying to get all the boards to say last post by kugelfish arent you? :P

Not going to care about spoilers since the game sucks anyway:
You are a rookie cop (so original!) being send on a mission to arrest cult leader Joseph Seed.
No idea why they would send 1 marshall. a rookie. a woman and a sherrif into a camp full of his willing-to-die followers and expect succes but alright they had to setup the story somehow.
The sherrif and radio operator are with the cult and things go to shit pretty fast. You barely escape while your partners are being captured and then the game starts.

The Seed family are a bunch of psychopaths somehow posing as christians while doing everything the bible forbids. Their lines are cringeworthy at times, other times just plain sick psycho. From what I gather your player character is getting brainwashed into their cult during his captures. Yes, you get captured multiple times... Its like your fucking princess Peach.

You go around building up the resistance until you can take down one of the Seed family leaders, 2 brothers and a sister.
Ive only killed the first one and had enough of it. The gameplay is boring and the story is shitty so nothing to keep me going.

Turns out there are two endings, when you;ve taken out the 2 brothers and sister you go to the cult leader who offers you 2 options. Either turn away and let him do his cult thing or arrest him. If you arrest him nukes go off and "the end of the world" comes.
Nomatter what ending you pick all you have done in the game was for nothing. The cult goes on either way and you just have to take it up the ass. The message implied is "the cult leader was right", well maybe that the end was coming but fuck Ive been saying that for years lol doesnt mean you can go around torture and kill people under the obvious false guise of christianity just because this inbred family has a godcomplex.

Ive wanted to kill these fucktards from the very first interactions and it turns out you cant even kill this leader fuck ubisoft.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 08, 2018 1:26 am

Yup, sounds like a FarCry game 3+ but a bit less interesting.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:18 am
You really are trying to get all the boards to say last post by kugelfish arent you? :P
It's Kugelfisch, nigger. I may have cared about that stuff two boards and 10k posts ago. These days, it's just legit sperging. Having two monitors did wonders to my shitposting ability.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Tue May 08, 2018 1:32 am

There is not much to do in the far cry games besides the main missions, every time the maps are getting bigger in the ubisoft games and its just an iteration of the same quests over and over, same as AC kangz.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue May 08, 2018 10:26 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:26 am

It's Kugelfisch, nigger. I may have cared about that stuff two boards and 10k posts ago. These days, it's just legit sperging. Having two monitors did wonders to my shitposting ability.
Sorry wont happen again my Führer
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:45 am
rat-fuck wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:49 pm
Also Just Cause 2 was pretty boring.
Understatement of the century. A handful of tasks, copy pasted over a fucking continent.
Not to mention the cars don't even come with a radio like in GTA. Or Saints Row. Or really any similar game I've touched.

Also a shame they go for giant fuckoff islands/continents. The arm-mounted grappling hook would make for a fun vigilante game if they went with a smaller map that is all city.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rat-fuck

Post by rat-fuck » Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
rat-fuck wrote:
Understatement of the century. A handful of tasks, copy pasted over a fucking continent.
That combined with pretty bland gameplay to start with and limited ammo for your guns really fucking pushes it. Also those stronghold missions you had to do repeatedly to unlock the real missions were boring as shit. Why do all the side missions in these open world game suck dick? They're clearly supposed to be what you spend most of your time on.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh, rat-fuck could be a nigger. Never thought of that.
https://www.deadhorseinterchange.com/

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Because games these days are made by art school faggots. Who cares about side missions when there's that super art film story to watch and listen to? What, you want gameplay and a hundred hours of meaningful things to do? What are you, some kind of nerd without a life? LOL! It's time for games to grow up and become art. The last of us 10/10! I hope the GOTY comes with a button to skip the gameplay.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 09, 2018 6:54 pm

rat-fuck wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
rat-fuck wrote:
That combined with pretty bland gameplay to start with and limited ammo for your guns really fucking pushes it. Also those stronghold missions you had to do repeatedly to unlock the real missions were boring as shit. Why do all the side missions in these open world game suck dick? They're clearly supposed to be what you spend most of your time on.
The limited ammo thing is one of the worst parts of the game, I won't lie. It's fucking awful. You have to pay an assload of money to get a weapon drop, and it comes with barely any ammo. So you shoot up all your ammo and then you're done. You're pretty much forced to carry the weapons enemies have, but EVEN then you run dry on ammo (or low on it) all the time.

I give Just Cause 2 a lot of slack on the side content because it came out in 2010. It's not amazing, but a lot of open world games made before then (minus saints row 2) sucked dick. Not like they're amazing now though tbh. I feel like the best open world games are the ones relatively tightly plotted and with a unique hook. I really like Infamous despite the fact it's a third person shooter pretending to be a superhero game. Prototype/Hulk Destruction are good too.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome