Far Cry 5

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:38 am

Something I'm still sore over. Emulation development is really bad for both Xboxes and I really want to play Ninja Gaiden 2 again.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:37 am

Emulation could get a ton better, the funny thing is emulation for shit like wiiu is going to be excellent in a few years because they have a patreon and are basically contracted to do it.

Meanwhile we still have shit like ZSNES and GENS still considered the "top" emulator on lists which are both awful.

The vita is shit for emulation also that just runs PSP emulators, which is a shame because it would be sooooooooo good for it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:10 pm

Fucking GENS. I think I only used it once, and even switching to fullscreen felt wrong.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:11 pm

I've used zsnes and gens for years because most websites just list them and nothing else, if you dig around on reddit of all places you can find some top notch stuff.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:22 am

ZSNES was a top emulator back when people ran MS-DOS. Everyone runs higan now.
Is Spoony dead yet?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:50 am

Once again Jim is an idiot that doesn't understand that these games are bland, but they are formulaic for a reason.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:23 pm

He's still waiting for the return of truly creative and almost perfect games, like Modern Warfare 3.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:37 am
It looks terrible and generic.
Needs more weaboo PS2 stuff. But seriously, what would make it in your eyes less terrible and generic? Given you seem to be stuck playing games 15 years old, I can use some new perspective.

Some of my gripes is that they try to spawn too much stuff all the time (which they did in FC4 as well), and you instead end up avoiding conflict after a while, despite it having different outcomes, which is nice, it's just too much, and that enemies are too dumb and easy to kill, so as the game progresses, they make it more challenging by simply spawning more guys or making them harder to kill. And I dislike how you can mark everybody so you see them all the time like you're a fucking predator. They really could use less of that.

Other than that, I don't really have much to complain, although I've just started and I've mostly been following reviews and bits and pieces of let's plays. If you see all Far Cry games as the same because they have open world, a lot of guns and explosions, crazy villain and certain type of enemies, obviously it's not going to change your mind, because you didn't care enough to begin with.

As for story, the only real complains I've seen were from people who dislike stories in video games in general and from retarded game journous criticizing the game for being too pro guns and blaming developers for not inserting enough political messages like their darling Cuckenstein 2.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:29 pm

Keep defending bad games bro. What makes this one different from far cry 3, aside from a MUCH more boring and bland setting? Even Sterling says the game is basically the same as the entire armada of ubishits they've been pumping out since asscreed brotherhood and farcry 2.

And I say that as someone whose favorite asscreed game is asscreed 3.

I'm surprised jim didn't mention hunting, because that's something all these ubisoft games have.

I play tons of modern games-it's just that most of them suck shit. Gaming in current meme is extremely bland.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:27 pm

mad bum wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:11 pm
I've used zsnes and gens for years because most websites just list them and nothing else, if you dig around on reddit of all places you can find some top notch stuff.
I don't know what websites you're going onto that didn't at least reccomend Snes9X or Kega Fusion.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:39 pm

But SNES9X doesn't have the fancy GUI.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:23 pm
As for story, the only real complains I've seen were from people who dislike stories in video games in general and from retarded game journous criticizing the game for being too pro guns and blaming developers for not inserting enough political messages like their darling Cuckenstein 2.
>Video game where you shoot people with guns and solve your problems with guns
>In a genre where you shoot people with guns and solve your problems with guns
>Too pro gun

I like game journos.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette