Far Cry 5

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:01 am

Yup. Utter garbage.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:36 am

Far Cry 2 is the worst Ubishit FPS game, possibly ever, but at least the worst in the last 10 years or so.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:48 pm

I can't believe it was play tested. I absolutely refuse to believe it was. The respawning road check sites, those fucking patrol jeeps every few fucking seconds you drive along a road that always open fire immediately. But especially that fucking aimbotting, wallhacking AI that knows exactly where you are. It's taken me a long time saving up enough diamonds for that ghillie suit. I sit down in a bush, 150m away from some camp, with my silenced sniper rifle at ninja levels of stealth. I snipe one guy and the entire fucking camp is alerted, knows my position and every single enemy runs straight to my exact position.
That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I haven't played it since then and don't plan on ever going back without loads of mods or patches.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm not sure you could mod FarCry 2 to be playable. You'd have to change everything about the game except the fire physics.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:37 pm

I'm not even sure if there are mods for it at all. I won't check either.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:48 pm
I can't believe it was play tested. I absolutely refuse to believe it was. The respawning road check sites, those fucking patrol jeeps every few fucking seconds you drive along a road that always open fire immediately. But especially that fucking aimbotting, wallhacking AI that knows exactly where you are. It's taken me a long time saving up enough diamonds for that ghillie suit. I sit down in a bush, 150m away from some camp, with my silenced sniper rifle at ninja levels of stealth. I snipe one guy and the entire fucking camp is alerted, knows my position and every single enemy runs straight to my exact position.
That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I haven't played it since then and don't plan on ever going back without loads of mods or patches.
Artillery with perfect accuracy later on
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:34 am

Good thing I tapped out.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:06 pm

In general, I enjoy the gameplay of Far Cry 3 and every DLC or sequel that came afterwars, the gunplay is satisfying, the open world works well most of the time, I like to explore in those games, it just needs more open world sandbox elements to let you do stuff unrelated to the main narrative. I would like to see FC game that focuses less on narrative in general and more on having some kind of self-sustained world where you can even be a bad guy and take over it. That's the appeal of games like Mount & blade for example, I don't see how open world shooter couldn't do something similar.

I've finished Far Cry 2, not on the highest difficulty though, but I don't remember artillery being much of a problem. I don't remember that much from the game to be fair - it's best part are first few hours, or at least at the time were, because it was the first Far Cry game I've played and I had nothing to compare it to. It gave me a poor impression 8 or so years ago and I can only assume I wouldn't finish it if I tried it nowdays.

After those first few hours, it's aggressively mediocre. The checkpoints were the worst thing, the story uninvolving with "not Vaas", but some old jackass called "the Jackal" that set up the trend of memorable villains in Far Cry games, but let me tell you, this first guy is a very poor beginning. It's a miracle when you look at how much better of an antagonist Vaas is in comparison. The game had other experimental elements, like the AI partner (that you could let die or befriend, if you did that, they would sometimes come to save you, effectively acting like a second life), and by experimental I mean it doesn't work very well and it's mostly disposable. That just about summarizes the whole game to me, it doesn't work very well and it's mostly forgetable. And you kill yourself at the end.

Far Cry 3, however, is a proper game. It's like FC2 was a tech demo and they figured out how to make it entertaining few years later. Right now, it's the best of the bunch. FC4 is ok, has a good villain, but shitty narrative (this is important to me, because if I keep doing things for assholes that shit on me in game, and my character doesn't want to do stuff for them anyways, why am I even doing it in the first place?) and too much repetitiveness, not mentioning that the game just feels more soulless and less fun than FC3, held it down from being great. A lot of people weren't too impressed by it, and I agree - it was too much like FC3, and too soon afterwars, but at the same time, it lacked the qualities of FC3.

Primal was great though. It helps a lot that I do like the time period and it interests me, especially since there aren't too many games depicting it, even less than Wild West or Noire. In Primal's case, the good thing is that the sandbox gameplay is pushed a bit further and the narrative is more simplified, but with some clear goals. There are some epic moments and even boss fights, unlike previous games, where the best you could expect was a QTE. In short, much better game than FC4, that a lot of people skipped.

So yeah, I am looking forward to FC5, mainly because from all the previews I've seen, it seems to again improve on the sandbox stuff, gives you more options what to do, and for the first time, you can play with a friend through the whole game, not just freeroam like it was in FC4. I am not happy that they're still using the same engine since FC2, compared to the division, it's really showing it's age, but not much I can do about that. And I really hope they won't go the SJW route, it's not the main reason I didn't get Cuckenstein 2, but it's a good reason to not pick up a game, because I am not interested in some retard's shitty political views. If game developers can't help pushing their worthless slimy agendas, they should be digging holes instead of making games.

And to the cunts that say "yet another open world game", fine, if you don't like open world games, you can just fuck off and not care, right? That's like saying oh, another platformer, how boring! Make a party game next time. The main problem with open world concept is that it's more difficult to properly pull off and a lot of devs end up making something that didn't need to be open world to begin with, and those open world elements only drag it down.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:29 pm

I'm not reading all that shit.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:01 am

I've been playing Dead Island recently, of all things. I bring it up in relation to some sick fuck's hardon for Far Cry's mediocrity because Dead Island is not an amazing game, but it's still way more fun than any Far Cry game I've played. At least Dead Island has sidequests, intricate weapon management and upgrading, co-op, skill trees with meaningful choices and fun melee combat.

I understand liking AssAssin's Greed because stealth kills are fun, but I don't get why people like Far Cry. Everything it does in its own genre has been more than bettered by other games. Comparing dead island to far cry isn't apples to apples, I know, but that's just one example of a deeply-flawed game that's still more imaginative and interesting. The FPS genre is cluttered with tons of games and the majority are better than the far cry games imo. I'd put every Halo game made before Halo 4 above any Far Cry game. Even Halo 3, which I hate. Far Cry is only slightly better than Cod of Duty imo.
RAPEMAN wrote: