Far Cry 5

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 10, 2018 2:34 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:14 am
They really need to make shorter games then or stop giving a fuck about upgrading graphics.

Give me an ugly game with actual choices then!
It needs to be the second one. This graphics/audio whoring is killing the industry. Games are already short as fuck or else padded to fuck with bullshit fake "content."

I feel like there's nothing wrong with the visuals of games from around 2008 on. Hell, even 2004 on if we count games like RE4. There's just no need for better visuals than RE4 HD or dead space 1. With all the power game devs could save on graphics and name voice talent from hollywood, they could add loads of actual gameplay into their games.

Hell, Salt and Sanctuary is an indie game made by a single couple and it's a better game than most mainstream AAA titles. It kind of looks a bit ass, but you get past that and the game is fun.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 10, 2018 3:28 pm

The consoles haven't made a large enough step forward in the last eight years to offer a benefit to better graphics anyway.
I chose a DUSK over a better looking CoD any day of the week. The gameplay, the atmosphere and the replayability are all there.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Thu May 10, 2018 3:41 pm

If anything, Minecraft is a testament to, "the game doesn't need to look good as long as it does what it's trying to do well."
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Post by Guest » Thu May 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:20 pm
I'd like to mention Skyrim again in which you kill the fucking emperor and nobody notices. Not that you are the assassin, but that the emperor is dead in the first place.
To be fair, it's not the elder scrolls universe if the kings/emperors aren't disappearing/dying/fighting each other on a regular basis. Also, it's medieval times. People in the capital city can't tweet out the info or something. And even if the leader's inner circle knows about the death, they won't spread it around and lose their seat of power to chaos.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu May 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:37 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
I'd like to mention Skyrim again in which you kill the fucking emperor and nobody notices. Not that you are the assassin, but that the emperor is dead in the first place.
To be fair, it's not the elder scrolls universe if the kings/emperors aren't disappearing/dying/fighting each other on a regular basis. Also, it's medieval times. People in the capital city can't tweet out the info or something. And even if the leader's inner circle knows about the death, they won't spread it around and lose their seat of power to chaos.
Guestposting was a mistake...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Thu May 10, 2018 7:58 pm

ASS posting was a bowel movement.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 10, 2018 8:25 pm

You know, it's pretty funny how the only games where your choices ACTUAL LEE matter tend to be games that don't really have a story aside from what you do yourself. Stuff like Dwarf Fortress, 4x or grand strategy games.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu May 10, 2018 9:57 pm

They're not beholden to some gay narrative by hacks who couldn't even make it in Hollywood.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 11, 2018 4:19 am

Guest wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:37 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
It's the final assassination in the, now sole, assassination guild. It's the grand finale to the Dark Brotherhood. I get that it's secretive and that the hit isn't advertised. It takes place on his ship as well. But you'd think that the final mission of a guild the player is part of would leave some impact. Hell, even some citizen discussions mentioning a rumour that the emperor died would've been at least something.

In Oblivion, the whole finale of the Dark Brotherhood isn't something anyone would know about outside of it. Likely not even internally between chapters or it. It still left much more impact on me even years later.
Skyrim making me defend Oblivion again and again is what I hate most about it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 11, 2018 4:39 pm

But Oblivion doesn't let you be a dragonkin.
Guest wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:57 pm
They're not beholden to some gay narrative by hacks who couldn't even make it in Hollywood.
They just don't know what real art is. It watch the hell out of a Gay-of-Thrones-style adaptation of the Dwarf Fortress Boatmurdered LP.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette