Far Cry 5

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:41 pm

I dunno, but what I do know is the only way to play ace combat games is apparently to hook up a ps2, unless you have a psp for ACX or an xbox 360 for AC6. Most of the ones people like are on ps2 though. They're not on psn either.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:06 pm

I've played the one on the 360. I liked it a lot actually. I still think that HAWX is better. I haven't played any of the others.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:33 pm

I did grab ACX. I might get AC6 too. Current opinion from fans seems to be that AC6 has some of the best gameplay, but a pretty stupid story. The entire franchise reminds me of armored core more than a little. Supposedly HAWX borrowed ideas from ace combat.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:40 pm

It absolutely did. In some aspects, they play very similar. Don't worry about the story since it's always stupid and irrelevant for those kinda games.

Edit: I should add that the nation of Belka is a meme on 8/v/ and available as a flag icon.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:54 pm

So is hawx 1 or hawx 2 the best? Which did you play?
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:59 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:54 pm
So is hawx 1 or hawx 2 the best? Which did you play?
I played both. The second game was fairly disappointing. It played a bit differently and felt rushed.
You can get 1 for the PC as well, but it doesn't exist digitally. Runs mostly fine on Win7 except for a few crashes.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:01 pm

Sounds pretty >ubisoft

There's some Birds of Steel game that people like too. I guess it's the War Thunder devs making a single-player game. But ww2 fighter planes don't interest me like contemporary planes.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rat-fuck

Post by rat-fuck » Mon May 07, 2018 11:49 pm

Far Cry games are only legitimately good/fun for unintentional things, like all the broken shit.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:28 pm
And lol on him if he actually plays FPS on PC with controller, hopeless retard.
Someone sounds butthurt. A lot of console-based FPS games aren't too good with a keyboard and mouse since they're not designed for quick reaction times or anything, so it'd be understandable.
Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:14 pm
The fun you are having is not real.
QFT. This is why people get sick of these games; the fun isn't from good gameplay but other things like completing tasks and exploration. These things are fine, but they should be an addition over a base game that's fun.

Also Just Cause 2 was pretty boring. The only Far Cry and Just Cause games that were fun in doing basic things were the first ones, and those are the only ones in either series I would consider legitimately good. The sequels are only OK for passing time and possibly enjoying how poorly made it is (though that turns into fustration after a few hours) or just focusing on murdering a certain animal in Far Cry 3. The thing with these open world games is that most of them are boring and empty outside of set missions and boring collectables, so they're not particularly enjoyable. And the missions often don't stand out a great amount. I can think of one mission in Just Cause 2 that stood out and was at all interesting and it was the one where you go to a deserted island, but the mission starts a few seconds away from it. Flying for a while out into nowhere (or even across the map) would have been much more fun when your tech suddenly cuts out and weird stuff happens, and you get kidnapped or something but instead it's aimed towards (man)children with short attention spans so it only looks like that will happen for a couple seconds of flying before it turns out it was just a regular place with another boring mission. Why was that map so massive and it took so long to travel anywhere (since the only plane you could call for flipped upside down on takeoff) when every mission was designed for such a short-term experience? It had a lot of cool ideas but was ultimately wasted potential, much like Far Cry 2. Ammo was also scarce, so you couldn't have fun too often, which is something GTA 5 did. I love when games try to limit how much fun I can have.
Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:29 am
If you can take one thing from my rambling, it's that I differentiate between games that I play mostly for mechanisms and games that might not have as satisfying core gameplay, but the overall presentation and kahntent (like story, characters, atmosphere and mood building, aka the stuff germans don't understand because they lack soul) works well for me to just relax and enjoy the games on a different level.

I play what I want - there are usually over 100 releases every month, and I get to play like 5-10 new games every year? Your argument doesn't hold a lot of weight, grandpa, I am very selective. And I play a lot of stuff, old and new, but I really don't play that many games when they release. I don't stray from anything except fighting, sport and driving games. They do nothing for me.
I think these are the main two things -- you don't actually have fun and it's not about the mechanics, but rather the setting and stuff, which isn't having fun as much as it is appreciating things that should come secondary to games. You should give praise like this to a game when it already has the base mechanics and everything set, but instead most games in recent years have focused on doing the opposite, resulting in a more bland and less fun product, but it has a nice glossy coating.

And the other thing is you don't play many games so you don't see this as much of a problem, because it's more something to turn your brain off to more than interact with. That's what I got from that, anyway.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh, rat-fuck could be a nigger. Never thought of that.
https://www.deadhorseinterchange.com/

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue May 08, 2018 12:31 am

Just completed my first region and im already getting bored of the game....
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 08, 2018 12:45 am

rat-fuck wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:49 pm
Also Just Cause 2 was pretty boring.
Understatement of the century. A handful of tasks, copy pasted over a fucking continent.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!