Far Cry 5

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Far Cry 5

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:01 am

Dead Island is decent with friends, but the game is unbearably long and gets repetitive around first half. I recommend Dying Light, it's superiour in every way, despite not being named Dead Island 2, it's basically the sequel and it's awesome - with great expension pack as well.

And like I've said, I do like the gunplay and the open world possibilities Far Cry gives you - you can only explore 10 meters away in Call of Duty before you get game over screen... As for Halo, I don't know, it never felt interesting to me, I've never played any game from the series. It being mainly console shooter didn't help.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:37 pm

I like how dying light paces the gameplay, you basically don't get a gun until about 1/2 way through the game, and you don't even use it much because of how it attracts attention.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:01 am
Dead Island is decent with friends, but the game is unbearably long and gets repetitive around first half. I recommend Dying Light, it's superiour in every way, despite not being named Dead Island 2, it's basically the sequel and it's awesome - with great expension pack as well.
I actually don't mind the length to dead island at all. The sewer sections are dogshit, but I'm in the jungle now and that map is quite enjoyable. The resort and jungle stand out, with the city as a low point.

Repetition is a given in any brawling game, which this is. I think some of the professional reviewers misunderstood this game. Guns are actually not that common or easy to maintain ammo for. You can only get more ammo by looting corpses or making your own. You can only make your own at workbenches, which only show up in safe zones or obvious breather areas. There are not many. Enemies with guns are also not that common outside of specific "shooter" sections.

Furthermore, I was given the impression via reviews that the game requires you to play it as a shooter after they introduce guns. You don't need to at all. Human enemies go down very fast to melee weapons and they can't hit you if you strafe or move diagonally. It's only when you walk or run straight forward (or there are a lot of them with many guns) that they can cut you down.

So far, I've beaten almost every shooting gallery section by running up to dudes and smacking them with melee weapons.

I'm sure Dying Light is better. I'll probably get it eventually. But I paid very little for dead island and I've been impressed with how fun it is. I'm using Sam B. because I'm a failed black rapper at heart and love blunt weapons.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 am

I mention repetition only as a bad thing - by default, any game is repetitive by nature, but that on itself isn't bad. Bad repetition is the one where the primary gameplay just gets too tiresome and not enjoyable anymore. I hit that wall with friends around the first half, like I've mentioned, and we only powered through the rest of the game.

Dying Light doesn't have that issue, because of highly superiour gameplay on all levels. If you like Dead Island, you'll probably like it too. I might be a bit more critical of it in retrospective, but we did seriously got tired of the game in the last third of it. That's not to say that we didn't have fun, but it just didn't hit the mark devs were aiming for.

As for firearms, only one character has skill tree based around them if I remember, Purna was her name? We've used guns occasionally, but if someone talks about some big shift in gameplay after you get access to guns, they either played the game wrong, or they were making stuff up. It never becomes the focus.

And yeah, I'll never forget that dumb, yet entertaining song. Who do you voodoo, bitch?!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:04 am

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:38 am

As for firearms, only one character has skill tree based around them if I remember, Purna was her name? We've used guns occasionally, but if someone talks about some big shift in gameplay after you get access to guns, they either played the game wrong, or they were making stuff up. It never becomes the focus.
Multiple people have argued that yes, the game becomes "all about shooting" once you find guns. I think Yahtzee said so, multiple let's players have said so and I remember reading and watching reviews that said this. I remember the critical reception to Dead Island because it was one of those early 360 games I actually wanted to play, long before I had any of that gen of games consoles.

Sort of like how Jim Spergling and others argued that Ken's Rage bosses are "unfair cheating bullshit" when that was a complete lie.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 pm

I can't help to spit on Yahtzee, because I don't understand why anybody takes him seriously, he's as much of a reviewer as AVGN or Douche. He's just another internet clown, what he does is entertainment, yet I see people taking seriously what he's shitting out all the time, why?

Am I just not seeing something? Is yelling really fast for few minutes, giving very brief and short explanation of the game without any details a compelling review for some? He just says stuff without explanation, in that regard he reminds me of Noah Gerwais, but at least he only takes few minutes to make claims without backing them up, not hours.

Then again, these are likely people that take John Bain seriously, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 am

I pirated Dead Island and I still felt ripped off.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Gunner445

Post by Gunner445 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:36 am

So anyone played it yet? I sure as shit didn't, I decided to spoil myself with the ending and oh boy Ubi really dropped the ball.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:24 am

You could always watch that hot streamer: darksydephil. I think he has a copy.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Gunner445 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:36 am
So anyone played it yet? I sure as shit didn't, I decided to spoil myself with the ending and oh boy Ubi really dropped the ball.
Is it a transparent anti-Trump thingy?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!