Like Payday 2? How about ZOMBIES?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Like Payday 2? How about ZOMBIES?

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:35 pm

My primary fightan game controller is actually the PSP d-pad at this point lelelelelel. It's the most convenient way to put in time with a fighting game. The vita would have been an amazing fighting game machine if they'd focused on that.

A PC controller is another of those things I'll buy eventually. Maybe someday I'll have a pc fightpad and tekken 7. Then I can play against Jinson, Spoonoo and Kugel.

Shame no Armor King in Tekken 7. Jin is probably the closest character to AK.

Oh and Ultra SF IV is breddy ok. I didn't like SFIV at all until Ultra, but I think Ultra is fun. Ultra Double should have always been in the game and the balance in Ultra is overall good. You see a lot of top japanese players who main very low tier characters like Oni, Dee Jay and T Hawk. The good balance means you tend to see a fair variety of characters even in tournament play. I'm a Hugo main at the moment. I like how Hugo plays in SFIV a lot more than how he plays in third strike.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:57 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:14 pm
I use pad for everything. I did finally get a fight pad though, so I can at least play my fightan games with that instead of a shitty xbox pad. third strike on xbox 360 pad is painful.
Did you get the fight stick from new egg? They are on sale right now.
I bought the hori and it's really sexy, it's actually my first time with stick but I'm liking it a lot better than pad
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:01 pm

I'll probably never switch from pad to stick. I like pad too much. I have joint pain issues anyway, which makes playing on keyboard and mouse a problem. As I said, wanker's cramp. I can't recall the last time I played on stick, but I would imagine stick would hurt for the same reasons wasd+mouse does.

But still, congrats on the Hori. I hear nothing but good things about Hori. When I buy a pc fight pad, I'll probably get a Hori one.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Snow Baller

Post by Snow Baller » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:57 pm

I unironically want the game to be honest. Ever since they teased it I think a year ago. Also as to why they are doing it, most likely cause the walking dead people handed them the IP and money to make it.

As for why I want it, I just like that style of game. Also general question how long does it take for a overused cliche or genre to go from under ground, to over saturated shit, to back being normal? I mean WW 2 shooters are making a come back and at one point they were fucking overdone as all hell, see platformers too.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:52 pm

I think they might just be going back to WW2 because SJW could get triggered if they keep turning poor foreign countries into evil empires for their modern shooter settings. Nobody complains if the evil guys are German.

(Also they make for "quality" Trump commentaries.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:56 pm

The problem is when market gets over saturated with some trend, lot of the drooling retards that play video games apparently can't just pick one good shooter they like, they have to bitch about having 10 of them to choose from. So that's why it becomes a fad, despite other games that aren't situated in WW2 era being released at the same time. It's not like most of the shooters being released in between 2004-2010 were WW2, but some people would insist that there was nothing else coming out.

It has nothing to do with the theme itself being overdone, given how much variety you can have. But it all depends on how the devs are going to work with it - for example, we absolutely don't need yet another Normandy beach level, especially when it's done worse than the oldest example from Medal of Honor - if you can't do better than the literally first attempt in history, then you know you are a failure.

I am perfectly fine with games having all sorts of themes and time periods, as long as it makes them good. I don't believe there is something that has been done too many times so it can't be done again, whoever believes that just lacks imagination and likely interest in such topic.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Snow Baller

Post by Snow Baller » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:52 pm
I think they might just be going back to WW2 because SJW could get triggered if they keep turning poor foreign countries into evil empires for their modern shooter settings. Nobody complains if the evil guys are German.

(Also they make for "quality" Trump commentaries.)
wehraboo please

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:36 pm

Only 4 kms?

True Story: The permanent (I think?) Krupp exhibition of the Villa Hügel showcases a wakizashi forged out of Krupp steel, as a present from either their Nihon business partners, the Japanese government itself or the Imperial family (can't remember which one it was again). This blade must cut like Excalibur and Balmung combined.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:07 am

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:46 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:17 am
Sure, playing stick is TECHNICALLY superior, but I enjoy the game more playing pad and it hurts my hands less to just map shit to buttons and play pad.
I wouldn't say that for Tekken, a lot of people claim stick is better but that is because Asians tend to win fighting game tournaments and arcades are bigger over there (it's also why they think square gates are better for sticks, which is stupid because the logic is that because Japanese players won tournaments, it must be the stick). For Tekken I'd argue pad is better with dashing and most inputs being single direction shit anyway so it's faster to execute on pad.
If you compete in Asia, you'll play on an arcade eventually. Tekken arcades in the past actually took Playstation controllers but that's not always legal in all tournaments. So you'd be doing yourself a disservice not being able to play on stick.
Again, that's for pro-players who go to Asian tournaments. For anyone else it doesn't fucking matter at all.
Hell, general opinion is that Tekken movement is easier on pad.
And nobody, ever, will tell you that a square gate is good for Tekken. 2D? Yeah, it's good unless you're Giefing the fuck up and churn the butter on every jump, then an octagate is better. But for Tekken, Korean sticks is where it's at and they have a circle gate and a rubber that has such high resistance that you'd have to try to even hit it.

Tekken has fuckloads of double left and right inputs, fast left to neutral or right to neutral inputs and precise diagonal inputs.
Diagonal is shit on octa, sticky on square and fast reset of the stick just doesn't happen on a nip stick. Korean stick or PS pad all the way.
Buttons are much easier on stick but since those aren't hard anyway in the first place that doesn't really matter.

2D is completely different to that. Buttons are usually harder, movement is mostly easy. Don't buffer 360s all the time and square is easier due to charge characters.
I've played all kinds of those sticks and those are my observations and those are in line with general opinion.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:37 am

PSP works pretty well too for Tekken because it's just a ps2 pad transplanted on portable. I'm sure Vita is the same way but I don't play Tekken on the vita lel. The only (good) tekken games on vita are psp games.

I'm not super crazy about ps2 pad diagonals. They work fine but diagonals work better with an 8-way pad of some kind.
RAPEMAN wrote: