The Game Awards 2017

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Game Awards 2017

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:24 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:13 am
Taking longer and more money for all his shit is what Konami said themselves. You'll likely not take their word for it anyway.
Point to an instance, prior to their falling out, where they said this
Kugelfisch wrote:
You'd need Kojima for one thing and one thing only, to make a MGS
Which they're doing now without Kojima. If you're a fan of Metal Gear you'd know that it's almost always a disaster when they make a Metal Gear without Kojima (Ghost Babel and Rising Revengeance are the exceptions)
Kugelfisch wrote:
Opinions can absolutely be wrong. There's such a thing as an unqualified opinion.
Then I will qualify my statement. An informed opinion cannot be right or wrong
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:17 am

Revengeance is a hell of an exception. It's arguably the best MGS game, depending how much you have to have your nostalgia stealth action gameplay. At very least, I consider it in competition with Snake Eater.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:39 pm

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:43 am
I think there were others, coupled with the fact that between 2014 and 2018 Konami put out/is putting out about two games a year when they'd previously put out far more, is what led western observers to conclude that they are essentially abandoning the video game side of the business to focus on the pachinko.
Konami was pretty shitty for most of the last console generation though, not just the last few years. That's what when they began shutting down most of their in-house developers and began relying on outsourcing. All the Silent Hill games after 4 were outsourced as were GodOfVania 1 & 2. Hell, even Revengeance was outsourced to Platinum because they canned the original version being developed by KojiPro's B-team. Aside for the Kojima-directed Metal Gear games (MGS4, PW and V), I don't think they actually made anything in-house last-gen.
Which they're doing now without Kojima. If you're a fan of Metal Gear you'd know that it's almost always a disaster when they make a Metal Gear without Kojima (Ghost Babel and Rising Revengeance are the exceptions)
Acid 2 was criminally underrated, although it (and MGR) are not conventional MGS games, while GB was much closer to the MSX Metal Gears than anything post-MGS1.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:16 pm

I'll play Acid 2 eventually. It's on my list. I like tactical strategy games.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Kojima deserves every ounce of hate he gets for that bait and switch with Raiden. Everyone acts like it was a genius move now, but back in the day nobody liked it. It would be like buying a Max Payne game only to find out it's filled with unskippable cutscenes and hours upon hours of "super serious" story.

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:34 am

11.5 million live streams?

Isn't that SHITLOADS? I watched on Twitch and they had like... 40.000 or something?
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:00 am

Anyone you would compare to Kojima?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:50 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:24 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Taking longer and more money for all his shit is what Konami said themselves. You'll likely not take their word for it anyway.
Point to an instance, prior to their falling out, where they said this
I don't know for sure but I don't think they said that when he was still around. You don't really go around shit talking your employees while they are still working for you even if that's what you think about them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 pm
Kojima deserves every ounce of hate he gets for that bait and switch with Raiden. Everyone acts like it was a genius move now, but back in the day nobody liked it. It would be like buying a Max Payne game only to find out it's filled with unskippable cutscenes and hours upon hours of "super serious" story.
It was a fun game. Just needed moar Snake.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger