The Game Awards 2017

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: The Game Awards 2017

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Zelda games are always better in hindsight. It's part of the tradition.

And it doesn't surprise me that BotW feels empty. Open World is cool and shit, and you can generate low-effort hype if you go "Our map is x times bigger than [insert most recent TSE and/or GTA title]!" (dunno if Nintendo actually pulled that one, but it happens often enough), but you gotta fill all of that with stuff, preferrably interesting and varied stuff.

That being said, I don't care for game awards one bit. They're about as a relevant as German TV awards. Just a bunch of hacks jerking each other off.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:46 pm

The map had loads of tiny neat stuff that happened randomly etv, which was cool. And it kinda made sense, story-wise, that the map was prettu empty.

So they were really fucking themselves over when they made it. I think the biggest problem was the enemy types. I also didn't like how you had to switch weapons/shield/bow and outfits ALL the time. Time spent in the itemscreen was A LOT. Should have been quickswap for outfits or something.

But as I said: Really good game, and I think they now have a SUPER good place to start and make the greatest game in the world. It just had too many small thugs that kept it from being legendary.

Dark Souls Zelda next llol. It's not that "dark and gritty" makes a game better, but I liked the atmosphere in Twilight Princess. And as I said, again: the Wii U demo looke AMAZING
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Honestly a Dark Souls style would probably fit Zelda far better than Open World.

I feel like BotW would have felt better as a Metroid game, or something. Making it Zelda felt more like cashing in on Skyrim's popularity.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:03 pm

I think a Zelda Souls could be neat. Think of all the awesome possible bosses.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Still waiting on the inevitable Skyrim port to the Zeebo.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:19 pm

I will give Twilight Princess credit in that at least it took out those wind-sailing sequences from Wind Waker, but the rest of the game felt way too derivative of Ocarina of Time for me. How was Skyward Sword? I skipped out on that one.

If they ever made a Dark Souls-style Zelda, I much rather they used The Adventure of Link branding instead.

Seele

Post by Seele » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:19 pm
How was Skyward Sword? I skipped out on that one.
  • Time travel bullshit.
  • Awkward animu-tier teen romance and rivalry.
  • Link has puffy lips along with the rest of the cast.
  • "Master, your battery is low" over and over and over again.
  • Additionally, Fi's far more annoying than Navi due to a constant barrage of reminders and tutorials she brings up over the course of the game.
  • Annoying motion controls that you have to recalibrate eventually.
  • Tracing puzzles get boring and repetitive fast.
  • Sections of the world felt far too linear (which makes me think BoTW's map was Nintendo's "apology" for this game).
  • You reach a point where you must backtrack through the same dungeons again.
  • The Imprisoned is the worst boss fight in the history of the franchise.
  • Ghirahim is an annoying bishonen faggot who's taken too seriously.
  • Lore retcons the Triforce again.
  • Demise is to Ganon/Ganondorf for what Midichlorians are to the Force; it ruined his backstory.
  • Combat boils down to a repetitive slashing minigame you'd play in some shovelware crap like Wii Sports Resort.
  • Swimming controls suck ass.
  • The sky section of the game when riding on the Loftwing is fucking boring, more so than traveling across the Great Sea in Wind Waker. Plus, the majority of the floating islands are mostly barebones with a single treasure chest. Occasionally, there'll be minigame platforms, but it's still limited.
  • The origin of the Master Sword is stupid.
There's more, but that's the general gist of it. It still went on to gain overpraised reviews by cucks and gayming journalists alike as expected, because "heaven forbid" another Zelda game gets below a 90 ever again. Gamespot, as shitty as they are, gave it a 7.5 and got shat on like they did with their Twilight Princess review.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 pm

The thing that gets me about Skyward Sword footage is how the motion controls make Link hold his sword in a very stupid way, like a magic wand or something. So immersive.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:01 am

The only game where time travel doesn't ruin the story i can think is Chrono Trigger. Meanwhile i think Metroid Prime 3 controls weren't perfect but they were adequate for the game, certainly better than those in it's sequel
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 am

The reason time travel doesn't ruin chrono trigger is the game has a dozen endings or some shit, to cover every possible outcome as a result of time fuckery.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome