The Game Awards 2017

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Seele

Re: The Game Awards 2017

Post by Seele » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:39 am

Auli wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:05 am
Is it, though? I haven't played Horizon, but it seems to have more... game in it. In Zelda you ran around, climbing and doing lots of lame dungeons and some cool dungeons.

And I'm a HUGE Zelda-fan.

The first picture released, I instantly saw it was Kakariko Village. No one on Reddit believed me ;

See how cool I am?! HUH!? NWWWWWWWWWWWEERRD
Horizon's nothing more than nigger-pandering cuckery, but with robots and shit.

BoTW just felt like there was something missing amidst its huge scope, like it was trying to be too many things at once while forgetting some of its roots. They nailed it in terms of world building, some of the exploration while implementing survival mechanics, and some aspects of the setting, but I feel like they fucked up the core dungeons, the weapon degradation system is a joke, the flurry rush mechanic is randomly broken, the shrines feel samey after awhile and get boring after 30 of them, you can become overpowered within the first 20-ish hours (which makes combat feel unbalanced at times) including getting the Master Sword early so you can breeze through bosses (which are literal aspects of Ganon), enemy design/variety is surprisingly limited, the only truly challenging enemies in the game are lionels, voice acting is cringe worthy, and the final boss (2nd phase) + the ending just felt very.....meh. It's a mixed bag for me. I'd call it a possibly OK template for future Zelda games to build off of, but it's far from being the "BEST ZELDA EVAR" according to the media.

Aside from that, the rest of the Game Awards was autistic cancer as usual.
SpoilerShow
Wolfencuck II winning "Best Direction" WTF?!!
EDIT: It was BoTW
Last edited by Seele on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:40 am

Bayo 3's announcement on the Switch took me by surprise. I was half-expecting them, if they were ever going to continue the series, to go back to multiplatform releases, seeing how Bayo 1 was being ported to all the other current-gen consoles and Steam not long ago.

Bayo 2 getting ported to Switch makes me glad I skipped out on the Wii U. Now if only W101 would get the same treatment.

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:58 am

I had JAP voices when I played BotW :3 I agree with everything you said, Seele.

I also had mixed feelings about last boss. I mean... if you play the game, he's practicly already dead. The horsing was clumsy (might have just been me, tho) and no final mano a mano fight.

Don't remember much, but I think I got more feel from Twilight Princesss. If those mixed, it would be a fucking perfect game. I'm not really a ZOMGGRPHX guy, but I want somthing ala the Wii U demo. WIth the spider?

Don't get me wrong. BotW looks good. And Zelda games can pull that cartoony thing off. But look how awesome that is?
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

OldManBones

Post by OldManBones » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:01 am

More like the Shill Awards.

At the very least, Ashly Burch got beaten out by a literal nobody for best Voice Actor award. Which makes me slightly happy.

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:08 am

It was that Hellblade lady, right? The one who isn't an actor, voiceactor and does some coding or some shit?

Owned.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:24 am

I predict rhe awards sucks
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am

Not gonna lie I'm pretty pissed PUBG didn't win game of the way, because I wanted to be here when the internet exploded in a spergy rage. Mostly the nintenyearolds
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Zelda is way too much of a sacred cow for them to do that and BOTW in particular was pretty well-praised by the journlolists this year. This is the same fanbase that got triggered when Twilight Princess got an above-average score of 8.8 from GameSpot (which is probably too good of a score for that mediocre game).

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Twilight Princess wasn't all that bad, in hindsight. Combat wasn't as fun as Wind Waker's and the Wolf sections were padding hardcore, but the game, itself, wasn't terrible. I'd say an 8 would be pretty apt for it.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:16 pm

I really liked Twilight Princess.

Good music, cool dungeons, neat combat. It also had as story.