going through the motions gameplay

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: going through the motions gameplay

Post by mad bum » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 am

On topic with the kotor shit yeah, the game is pretty piss easy, force storm pretty much ruins the game. The second one I actually want to play again though since like half the game was cut out before.

I remember renting it and being so pissed that like nothing ever got tied together and was a cluster fuck.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:03 pm

You act like there wasnt a topic way before this one saying gaming is dead.

What I hate most though is games that are too easy but have harder difficulty settings but those only increase the enemy's hp and sometimes damage. It only makes things take LONGER instead of making the game HARDER by improving the AI on higher difficulties or at least give them another skill to use for example.

I do have to say Shadow of War did it right though, nemesis difficulty actually is pretty challenging if you face a higher level orc or multiple at the same time. I still die sometimes after 80 hours of playtime and I love it.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:59 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 am
I remember renting it and being so pissed that like nothing ever got tied together and was a cluster fuck.
If this were to be released in [current year], you'd have people berate you for not "understanding" the deep plot, and how all the questions will surely be answered in the sequel.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:16 am
Don't ask me what keeps people playing vidya these days. I play Warframe and otherwise just old games every now and then.
I've played a whopping 3 games this year and don't feel like I've missed out on anything. I'll finish out the year by playing Resident Evil 7's last two DLC chapters and that's it. :/
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:03 pm
What I hate most though is games that are too easy but have harder difficulty settings but those only increase the enemy's hp and sometimes damage. It only makes things take LONGER instead of making the game HARDER by improving the AI on higher difficulties or at least give them another skill to use for example.
That's pretty much Diabolo 3. Elite monsters show up more in harder difficulties but the tactics stay the same. You're eventually just playing the same game with larger numbers.
When it came out you had to play it on normal or hard before you got higher difficulties and I'd be surprised if anyone ever died in those difficulties except to bosses maaaayybe.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 pm
When it came out you had to play it on normal or hard before you got higher difficulties and I'd be surprised if anyone ever died in those difficulties except to bosses maaaayybe.
Not even to those.

My wife isn't into harder games. She plays stuff like Minecraft, Terraria, etc. Super casual stuff. I grabbed Diablo 3 on my PS3 and she asked to play with me, which was unusual. She picked Demon Hunter (or whatever it was called), got the machine gun firing skill and basically just spammed that through the game while I either sat back and did nothing or killed everything she didn't lock on to with my Wizard.

One button was all she needed, really.

When Reaper of Souls came out everyone trashed the Crusader because it wasn't just a one button wonder class like everything else.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:06 pm

And here I always thought that Blizzardtards are super elitist.

Then again, what fandom on the internet doesn't have a healthy dose of hypocrisy?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:24 pm

My brother is super into D3 when the new seasons start. He actually has top 20 or something, even if he has actual IRL work.

I've joined a handful of times, and I always pick the Demon Hunter, and the same build. I feel there is NO choice or customisation in the game. You pretty much always get the same set items etc etc.

I mean... I like playing with friends, even if the game is shit. But I can't see how D3 can be fun in the long run. Farming those Rifts x1000 times to get +1 agility on your locked boots? Fuck that.

Go Path of Exile.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Playing it with a clan mate that was SUPER into D3 was actually the shittest experience ever. Pretty much any dumb mp game is a good time with friends but in D3 it felt completely pointless to play it in the first place and like I was dragged along, despite having no trouble at all.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Fuck TLOU, fucking game sucked.

My cousing got it new and we played the first 30 mins and it was ok, then he played it all and after that lended it to me, and i said ok... fuck that was a mistake.

After a while, i was BEGGING for the god damn game to end, i literally screamed at the game to FUCK OFF AND END ALREADY... i cant remember a single game, in my life, that actually made me scream at it, none, nor do i remember wanting a game to end with so much anger, maybe some boredom, sure... but wanting to end because i was bored, angry, annoyed and all that together?... even FF10 and 13... even those piece of shit of a game i dont remember being this hostile against.

And its not like i hate Naughty Dog, i was OK with Unfarted, i at least wasnt falling sleep of boredom, it had some nice set pieces, it had some fun dialogue in there too, sure... gameplay overall was kinda crap and all that, but again, i wasnt fucking falling sleep.