Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Politically Correct Fantasy 15 (Final Fantasy Thread)

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:35 pm

Charlar wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:04 pm
For my Paladin i had put in his backstory he had taken a vow of celibacy (Fluff only, not a feat) and i told my GM so she knew, the villain was an enchantress who separated my Paladin from the group, cast Dominate Person on my character and raped him.
>having a female DM
You were asking for it, buddy. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:23 pm

Charlar wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:04 pm
For my Paladin i had put in his backstory he had taken a vow of celibacy (Fluff only, not a feat) and i told my GM so she knew, the villain was an enchantress who separated my Paladin from the group, cast Dominate Person on my character and raped him. I protested and i that goes completely against my character nature, i shit you not she really told this to my face: "Deep down, all men just want sex with women, no matter what they say" and told me that since my character had broke his vow of celibacy he wasn't a Paladin anymore.

This is why i avoid Paladin since and that old GM of mine was banned from the store i play at because she threw such a bitchfit because me and the rest group weren't okay with her bullshit
Women cannot understand character or morals because they have neither.

Yes, a Paladin will still have urges. It's the fact that they devote themselves to higher causes because the idea is they fight against evil on all fronts because it's right. All fronts including themselves.

The concept of self control, sacrifice, all those things are lost on worthless cunts. And before anyone uses childbirth as some great sacrifice, they're designed to incubate babies.... that's like saying a fish is making such a noble sacrifice by living in the water with its gills so WE don't have to! Thank you fish! :lol:
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:09 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:51 pm
To think how so many DMs could take this short, poorly thought tough paragraph in the paladin class description and turn it into a friggin' fetish is just dumb. Has anyone ever heard stories of players complaining about how their DM railroaded their cleric character into pissing off their god? I don't think so.

(Though I think paladins have become fall-proof after 3.x)
It's literally just Paladins.

There's never any good reason to fall, either. I'd be perfectly fine if I got set up to take a fall in a game if the GM set it up in a way where I had to make a choice that lead to my falling but I was allowed to walk away from the choice if I wanted to-- say, "your vow is to protect the innocent no matter what but this innocent creature is the spawn of the thing that killed the king of your homeland and you want revenge. What do you do?" Suppose killing the creature would end some evil creature's bloodline and stop any possible future evil from occurring but would go against the moral compass of my character causing them to fall. This, to me, would actually be a meaningful choice with consequences to balance.

But, no, it's always, "Your character is enchanted or under some arbitrary spell that causes them to do the exact thing that will make them fall and they're fully aware that they're doing it and there's no way around this and you will no longer be allowed to be a Paladin because I am the GM and I think Lawful Good means that you're no fun even though that has nothing to do with what it means and I'm attributing my moral values onto this fantasy game with completely different situations than what I face on a daily basis."

And God forbid if you don't have a few buddies there to back you up when you protest.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:58 am

That sounds like bullshit. I'm not a turbonerd, but I do like the alignment system. More games should use it, except remove edgelord options like True Neutral. :D
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:32 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:58 am
That sounds like bullshit. I'm not a turbonerd, but I do like the alignment system. More games should use it, except remove edgelord options like True Neutral. :D
>True neutral is edgelord
Nah, it's wishy washy unless you find a player that can play it well, you want real edgelord without an evil alignment? Chaotic Neutral is way too often played badly and used to act evil without a E alignment
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:11 am

rabidtictac wrote:
True Neutral isn't really edgelord, it's just impossible to be played properly by almost anyone, almost like...
Charlar wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:32 am
Chaotic Neutral
... which literally nobody can play properly without truly committing themselves to chaos.

Having a Chaotic Neutral character around is literally having a loose cannon that has zero loyalty to any cause but the cause of being themselves. People really do, too often, think of it like, "I get to go on murder sprees for free." It's ridiculous.

But man, True Neutral being an edgelord alignment? That's a good one. I tend to use True Neutral in my Neverwinter Nights/2 playthroughs and let my actions decide my actual alignment, save for when I want a specific class like Blackguard, Paladin, or Druid.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:22 am

IRL true neutral is the edgelord option. They look like this:

SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Except when playing Rifts. Ol' Kevin is very autistic about True Neutral not existing.
rabidtictac wrote:
Chaotic is where the trule edge lies.

Also alignments should die in a fire. It just restricts characters and results in a stupid arms race if somebody realizes that evil people can't actually rise to power all that easily if every fucking Cleric and Paladin in the whole world is an objective morality scanner. Also you get stupid shit like "Assassins need to be Evil (because the average PC group would never kill shit for money unless they're eeeeevil)"
Unless you're like an Outsider or something, there's no reason why you should give a fuck.
Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:09 am
But, no, it's always, "Your character is enchanted or under some arbitrary spell that causes them to do the exact thing that will make them fall and they're fully aware that they're doing it and there's no way around this and you will no longer be allowed to be a Paladin because I am the GM and I think Lawful Good means that you're no fun even though that has nothing to do with what it means and I'm attributing my moral values onto this fantasy game with completely different situations than what I face on a daily basis."
"Just as you slaughtered all the orcs in the camp, you come across a tent full of little orc kids. You fall because you are a horrible person!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:28 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:37 pm
Except when playing Rifts. Ol' Kevin is very autistic about True Neutral not existing.
rabidtictac wrote:
Chaotic is where the trule edge lies.

Also alignments should die in a fire. It just restricts characters and results in a stupid arms race if somebody realizes that evil people can't actually rise to power all that easily if every fucking Cleric and Paladin in the whole world is an objective morality scanner. Also you get stupid shit like "Assassins need to be Evil (because the average PC group would never kill shit for money unless they're eeeeevil)"
Unless you're like an Outsider or something, there's no reason why you should give a fuck.
Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:09 am
"Just as you slaughtered all the orcs in the camp, you come across a tent full of little orc kids. You fall because you are a horrible person!"
The problem with Alignment is too many people are dumb and don't realize it isn't a straightjacket like thing, you aren't forced to follow your alignment 110% all the damn time.
Also Neutral is technically two alignment: Most people are Neutral in the sense they care about themselves and their family and don't have a preference towards acting good, bad, lawful or unlawful.
edgy Neutral is the kind that actuall go "Too much Good is bad so i'll act bad to balance things out".
NG best
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:04 pm

NG is basically "Standard Movie Fantasy Protagonist Dude".

And Alignments might not be a straightjacket, but it gets a bit silly IMO if build various rules and magical effects around it. You shouldn't get murderized by an accidental Smite Evil just because you're an egotistical twat. You're just an egotistical twat, not a fucking demon.

(Man, I know it probably goes against the Paladin code, but I'm intrigued at the concept of a city who keeps shady people outside their walls by having Paladins punch everyone who wants to enter. I know there's Detect Evil, but that one isn't quite as fool-proof.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette