Dynasty Warriors games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Dynasty Warriors games

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 pm

I hate it that they skipped the fake fairy arc (or whatever it's called). That was one of the most twisted, tragic and effed up arcs of the entire manga. Especially that scene where the kids-turned-fairies slaughter each other for fun.
ban wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:10 pm
What Full Metal Musou? Alchemist? Panic? Madness?
Alchemist. Armstrongs for days, man.

Also didn't a good chunk of the fanbase request Precure Warriors?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:28 pm

The fake fairy arc is what I think of when I remember berserk being good.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Blame japanese soccer moms. For some reason, after the millenium hit, they went full regressive and demanded that anime for kids or at least the publically televised anime stop showing excessive violence and rampant nipples, games should tone the extremes of violence down etc. Naturally, some anime companies took advantage of that and featured ultra violence and nips on the dvds and blu-rays. As for games, even on Z rated(18+ / Mature) games, beheadings were absolutely forbiden so they just doubled down on the censorship(started forbiding violence against kids at some point) and even when you get something like RE7 in japan, the beheadings are censored there. It's why suddenly Kamen Riders stop commiting vehicular murder at an everyday basis and suddenly you don't see Hibiki being a scary demon dude with a fang mouth that spews flames. It's why JoJo also changed magazines at some point as it was "too much" for Jump.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 pm
Alchemist. Armstrongs for days, man.

As for Precure, it scored quite high but below Sailor Moon Musou. They really want that.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:24 pm

I always thought that "Star Gentle Uterus" was a great name for a Musou Attack.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:46 pm

ban wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:06 pm
Get WO1 on PSP, it's the best experience. People bitch about the cinematics being like a comic book but the portability and crazyness going on with the class system and teams are priceless. WO3 is a vastly different experience but the portable version is an utter disaster without fun due to very bad backporting, so PC or console is your best bet.
Could you maybe explain more about why WO1 is better than WO2? Both are available for psp and obviously the latter has more characters.
RAPEMAN wrote:

ban

Post by ban » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:34 pm

I meant compared to the PS2 and PC versions(pc has some glitches etc) of WO1. If we are talking about WO1 and WO2, WO2 on the PSP has proper cutscenes, more characters, nip and anglo voices but the new stages suck shit(but maybe it's just me) and the grinding in WO2 is lightly upped thanks to the different proficiency system while the way weapon skill work on WO2 is different. There is a bit of an A.I. difference between the two when it comes to aggressiveness with WO2 being less agressive and more counterprone / defensive instead.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Alright cool, I already got WO1 for psp anyway and it's in the mail. I'm enjoying WO3 on my 360, but I always end up playing portable games more because they're more comfy.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:35 am

Did anyone here play any of the Gundam Musou games? I haven't tried one yet. I'm sure I sperged at some point in the past on here about being a UC Gundam fan, but I never played a gundam musou because the concept seems weird to me. I've played other gundam games and gundam as a franchise feels more like something that fits a 3rd person shooter mold rather than a hack and slash game.

I should really play Sengoku Basara 4 one of these days, or at least play 3.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:47 am

Haven't played and. And yes, the concept sounds weird, especially since I can't really imagine there being a lot of space action.

On the other hand, a Gundam game akin to Zone of the Enders would be pretty rad.
-Yours Truly

mistermott

Post by mistermott » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:03 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:47 am
Haven't played and. And yes, the concept sounds weird, especially since I can't really imagine there being a lot of space action.

On the other hand, a Gundam game akin to Zone of the Enders would be pretty rad.
I know this is kinda offtopic but I could not resist.

BTW Dynasty Warriors 3 Guan Yu main ;) although I loved to also play Pang Tong cause of the laugh he would make when he was hit lol.

There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet.