Dynasty Warriors games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: Dynasty Warriors games

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:36 am

I dont get what is supposed to be fun about these games?
It just feels like pointless button mashing against hordes of braindead ai...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:18 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:25 pm
Japan devs are absolute shit when it comes to do doing PC ports. I have no idea how they can fuck it up so badly and still get that shit published.
I'm a bit pissed about the Nier port being utter crap. Sure, nip dev and all but in this case we're talking about Platinum and both Vanquish and MGR: Meme Edition were ported well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Someone wants to keep the PC Gaming Master Race down, I swear.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:36 am
It's mostly a matter of presentation. Slaughtering mooks by the hundreds is an easy way to relax and have dumb fun, especially while listening to some cool songs to get you in the mood. Srsly the Dynasty Warriors series has some sick guitar riffs.

Gameplay is mindless, but there's a lot of characters and grinding, and higher difficulty settings actually require you to pay some sort of attention.

And at least here in the west, the DW series also gets some points for being exotic, as it's like the only high-profile-ish franchise about the Three Kingdoms (or Ancient China in general, really) that we get to see.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:20 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:36 am
That's how I feel about it too. One of my relatives loves these kinds of games. I've played them a bit, and the only one I liked was Devil Kings because the game changes entirely when you bump the difficulty up. All of a sudden, every enemy becomes extremely difficult and you have to use the scoring system (which most musou games don't have) to even get kills.

But that's the only musou game I know of which is like that. The Hokuto one looks ok as well, I guess.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 am

You gotta really crank up the difficulty on these games to enjoy them, normal mode puts you to sleep.

Also fire emblem warriors is really fun so far, it's also pretty "deep" as far as these games go with weapons and skills and even other things like crests. They also let you choose perma death (but I've seen a temple, so you might be able to revive? Haven't unlocked it yet)

I bought it for $50 and think it's pretty worth it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:29 am

Perma death? Man, I hope you're able to ruin your save file by getting everyone killed.

Cranking up the difficulty can be a fun experience. All those cannon fodder guys who don't even seem to want to fight you? Now they love to hitstun you out of combos. Crank it up some more, and now they can two-shot you.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:02 am

It's mostly a setback, not real permadeath. You need 10 golden materials and some money to revive one person if they die on the field.

Tictac, what you're refering to is the western version of BASARA, from the DMC team at capcom. The only other title to get a western release is the 3rd game named Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.
Duwango wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:20 am
You take that back now you ricenigger. Hreece should be deprived of money forever because of that statement alone. :lol:
Joke's on you, we're on the way of doing that already. Oh wait. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ban wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:22 pm
No surprise there. Japan's PC market is so exceptional and niche there that there is zero motivation for devs to produce functional PC ports of their games.
When your most prominent developers are some touhou fan makers, the touhou guy, visual novels and Falcom you can see how motivated the industry has been all those years.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 am

ban wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:02 am
It's mostly a setback, not real permadeath. You need 10 golden materials and some money to revive one person if they die on the field.
Yeah I found that out recently, have been trying to avoid any sort of walkthroughs but found on someones video that they had to revive someone. It's a big shame, but I guess you could play it up with them being "dead" by not using the shrine.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

ban

Post by ban » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 am

A shame indeed. The worst thing about the game was the drama behind the scenes and the DLC that's coming out due to Nintendo being a nigger with FE. They fucked up characters, chopped them up and now decide to sell them as DLC clones later down the line. While their semi-complete data is still in the game and they appear as NPCs(seriously, some voice lines and one or two attacks missing from them). People gobble it up in general but the japanese are slowly boiling in their own blood. Between this and the clones of DW9 they really are losing their patience.
He warned youShow

ban

Post by ban » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Anyone see the Skyrim game? I heard it's a blast and the videos do not disappoint. :lol:

Oh, my bad, it's the new Dynasty Warriors game. You can see why I was so easily mistaken. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Also, some of these videos are on PC and after patches. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is an amazing shitshow, ranging from even the japanese and chinese lighting up Koei ass on fire, their playerbase dropping rapidly. And then you have shills trying to salvage the situation by going "m-muh story and m-muh refreshed combat-wombat".

Which translates to "equip this item that raises your stamina bar and allows you to infinitely air dash so you can mash square and X even more now and spazz out while ocassionaly throwing an R1 attack while hoping you don't start whiffing next until the insta-kill prompt appears", thanks to the autocombat where depending on the enemy's position or state(dizzy, on the ground etc) you can mash square four times and slightly different looking attacks come out as if you're playing Bat-Creed Mad Mordor game. :lol: Compared to :

But the laughs don't stop there. The more you unshadow the map and the more you discover of the world? The more your game glitches up, slows down and bugs out thanks to the engine using rendering techniques and spreads the A.I. over the known map so for the best experience? Never play beyond the starting area. :lol: :lol:
For extra savage shit, here are some screenshots and the review …Show
He warned youShow