Dynasty Warriors games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Dynasty Warriors games

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Yeah it looks pretty bad. Hopefully they patch it, but tbh even though I like a lot of musou games, I've never been a fan of pleb Dynasty Warriors. It's not crazy enough for me.

I did buy Warriors Orochi 3 recently. I'll post about it when I have a chance to play. What convinced me to give it a shot were all the weird anime bullshit characters.

So far my favorite Musou games are One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Ken's Rage. Ken's Rage is fucking fantastic. I'm almost done with his Legend mode, after which I'll unlock him for Dream mode. Then I can finally unlock Toki and Raoh for Dream Mode. I really want to unlock Toki so I can grind him up a bit. His Legend mode is available now but it's hard as shit thanks to his low level. I think Toki's STARTING level in Legend mode is a fight against fucking Raoh.

I beat Souther recently in Ken's legend mode and it was hard as shit. I didn't actually die, but there's a part in the fight where Souther splits into 3 versions of himself and he kicked the shit out of me.

I have unlocked basically everything in Pirate Warriors 3, so playing it now would only be for fun or to try for 100% completion rate on the story mode levels. But I have every character. Eneru, Sanji, pre-timeskip Chopper, Crocodile and Lucci are my favorites.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:43 pm

That was after 2 patches already, one of them removing the chinese language from the settings on Steam due to Tencent meddling.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm
So far my favorite Musou games are One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Ken's Rage. Ken's Rage is fucking fantastic.
Muh nigguh. If you can, get Warriors Orochi 1 as well. The same guy behind OP Warriors and Ken's Rage is also 1/2 of the team that made WO1 so it's quality. He left after that so WO3 is made without him but the latest releases are pretty fun if you like the crossover guys.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:53 pm

I can get warriors orochi super cheap for psp. If there's a meaningful difference/improvement over later entries, I'll just buy WO1 on psp. I always play shit a lot more when it's portable vs console, because I can play while doing something else.
RAPEMAN wrote:

ban

Post by ban » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Get WO1 on PSP, it's the best experience. People bitch about the cinematics being like a comic book but the portability and crazyness going on with the class system and teams are priceless. WO3 is a vastly different experience but the portable version is an utter disaster without fun due to very bad backporting, so PC or console is your best bet.
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:41 pm

>buying PSP games
nigguh WTF you doin'
get dat CFDubyah my man

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:41 pm
>buying PSP games
nigguh WTF you doin'
get dat CFDubyah my man
I have an actual PSP and I value the portability and comfort. If you enjoy using fake android controls with your emulator running at 7fps, you're welcome to it.

Also UMDs are cheap as fuck because they're a failed format.

Oh, just checked and you mean modding or something. I could easily buy a modded PSP, I just never bothered and don't care.
RAPEMAN wrote:

ban

Post by ban » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Very few games benefit from CFW on the PSP, I think I can count them on my hands. The most prominent example is Kingdom Hearts since it was originally designed to be in the 60s but the PSP couldn't take it, even after the 333mhz upgrade and patch so, only if you unlock the mhz output and mod it can you reach the 60FPS mode that is "hidden" in the settings of the game.

It's straight up beter to fire up a PSP emulator on your PC but then what's the fucking point? Dunno if the Vita's got a decent CFW for PSP emu games though.
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:21 pm

I've used a psp emulator in the past, but portability is the point. You can't play x-men legends 2 portable on anything except psp. I can also import umd games from japan like fist of the north star and gundam.
RAPEMAN wrote:

ban

Post by ban » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Handheld gaming before the 3DS was always region free. It's the home consoles that started having region locks, starting innocently with the SNES' grips inside the tray.
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Oh boy, something tells me that DW10 will go back to the old ways, just like they did when DW6 tried to shake things up and didn't quite impress. They really should test their fucking flagship title entries some more.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm
I have unlocked basically everything in Pirate Warriors 3, so playing it now would only be for fun or to try for 100% completion rate on the story mode levels. But I have every character. Eneru, Sanji, pre-timeskip Chopper, Crocodile and Lucci are my favorites.
Croc and Lucci are pretty fun. My favorite atm is Whitebeard. I don't like how some of his combos end in a grapple attempt that can whiff, but his attack range is nuts. Also his R1 provides many lulz.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette