Dynasty Warriors games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Dynasty Warriors games

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Grapplers are pretty OP in pirate warriors 3 tbh. They can whiff, but you just don't use those strings against massive crowds. I use them against bosses and I dash if it wiffs. On hit, grapples do insane damage to bosses and commanders and they can't get out of the damage. Not even in hero mode.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:12 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:22 pm
Yeah it looks pretty bad. Hopefully they patch it, but tbh even though I like a lot of musou games, I've never been a fan of pleb Dynasty Warriors. It's not crazy enough for me.
It will be patched in the COMPLETE EDITION. :oops:

But seriously, the game was intended this way so they are not suddenly going to be adding 100's of armies for you to fight. What you see is what you get right now and it won't change because its toei/namco.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 pm

They better not call it COMPLETE EDITION, or else the Steam forum will go apeshit again if it doesn't include all the DLC for free.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 pm
Grapplers are pretty OP in pirate warriors 3 tbh. They can whiff, but you just don't use those strings against massive crowds. I use them against bosses and I dash if it wiffs. On hit, grapples do insane damage to bosses and commanders and they can't get out of the damage. Not even in hero mode.
Good to hear. Dude's got plenty of crowd control moves, anyways.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:21 pm

ban wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:10 pm
Very few games benefit from CFW on the PSP, I think I can count them on my hands. The most prominent example is Kingdom Hearts since it was originally designed to be in the 60s but the PSP couldn't take it, even after the 333mhz upgrade and patch so, only if you unlock the mhz output and mod it can you reach the 60FPS mode that is "hidden" in the settings of the game.

It's straight up beter to fire up a PSP emulator on your PC but then what's the fucking point? Dunno if the Vita's got a decent CFW for PSP emu games though.
You don't need benefits of CFW, just playing the damn game for free off ya memory stick should be enough.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:55 pm

Jim Sterling sure has been reeing about Dynasty Warriors 9. The game looks like a broken mess, but I should make a video one of these days about how Jim doesn't understand a lot of the musou games. I'm sure he understands the mechanics of basic Dynasty Warriors and probably Samurai Warriors and Orochi. But he really shits hard on the spinoffs, which imo are the best tecmo-koei games available to play, with the most depth. He writes the offshoot games off as more of the same in his recent rant videos, which isn't at all true or fair.

He rags on mainstream journos for not giving musou a chance (they are slowly starting to,) but meanwhile, he kind of low-key shits on the spinoffs and pretends they all play the same as the main games. The spinoffs are where TK really get a chance to stretch and try new things. Toukiden 2 and AoT both did the open world shit before dynasty warriors 9, and way better too. It's completely unfair to argue there's basically no change in gameplay between dynasty warriors 4 and pirate warriors 3, or between warriors orochi and ken's rage.

I dunno why his shitty opinions piss me off so much. I guess it's because he does that "voice of the gamers" bullshit that Angry Joe pulls. No, I don't want the voice of gamers represented by a fat manchild cuck who screams incoherently because he thinks that makes him sound clever. His analysis of any game barely ever reaches beyond surface level pleb tier Game Journo Pros criticism. He comes across as someone who plays games without understanding the systems. Even his defenses of the musou games are limp as fuck because he doesn't explain WHY the games are deeper than they appear.

Like most surface-level pleb journalists, he billth the warriors games as repetitive 1vs1000 hacking over and over. That's only how the game plays if you suck shit at it. You're supposed to run to objectives, manage your resources and use the right combo strings to most efficiently kill the important enemies. I guess tecmo koei can take a big pile of blame for that though, since there's no stun mechanic like in Devil Kings to beat people over the head with HEY IDIOT, WHY DON'T YOU TRY FUCKING USING SOMETHING OTHER THAN SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE SQUARE
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:02 pm

(I'm more of a Square Square Square Triangle guy)

Even just comparing Toukiden 2 and AoT with DW is stupid. They aren't even the same fucking genre.

And some of the spin-offs show what they can do if they're allowed to shake things up a bit. Aside from the more interesting movesets in Pirate Warriors, the dodge/dash button alone is way more fun and organic than DW's block button, and it would even help some DW characters who generate a bit too much knockback for their own good.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:41 pm

Jim is your basic bitch nu-KoeiWarriors forum goer, he basically came in for the chinese warriors / japanese prettybois cockslapping each other rather than the games themselves and what they can achieve or offer. Except Jim is the rare kind of idiot you find with some senior members in that forum where they've been "MUH CHINK NOVEL, ACUR8 4 TEH WINZ, ADD MOARZ EVEN IF CLONEZ, MUH HASBANDO" from the days of DW3 and basically where the ones the fanbase gave equal amounts of shit as the ones who went "button masher". They don't care about the games as games, they don't crae about how they play, they care about their favourite character(out of god knows how many) to play only as them and jerk off to how close it is to actual history / a shitty novel. And of course, they never care about any other KoeiTecmo game, ever. And they also shit on them and never aknowledge their existence.

This kind of behaviour is pretty common to the point where I had to tell that Koei is capable of making an amazing game with over 8 musous available, with great weight in combat and tons of fun and everybody was looking at me funny and couldn't even believe that Ken's Rage existed. In the forum about Koei's games. SMH.

Also, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 pulled off the Open World warriors game magnificently, basically it being an open world game where you have "random encounters" like a J-RPG that are about...40 monsters max? A 100 at later levels but once you enter a dungeon, you basically get cut off from the open world, the dungeon acts as a normal stage so the game doesn't have to keep track of loading the world constantly and rendering monsters and environments constantly as you traverse it, so you can do your 1vs1000 monsters schtick there without frame drops, glitches, hiccups and at 60FPS, with the ability to not only have extra attacks beyond the square-triangle combos but also the new R1+face buttons system DW9 tried to do + being able to change characters on the fly + having two different musou modes...3 years before DW9. And of course, nobody knows about it and people like Spergling shit on it for not having their gay crush in it.

Not to mention, Omega Force is so big now, it's basically four different teams doing different things; it's Suzuki who handles the nu-DWs after 5, Koinuma who handles Attack on Titan and played a big role on Hyrule Warriors, Gundam, Ken's Rage and One Piece, Berserk since he's a fan of those(guess which one of them is the failure :lol: ), then you have Ogasawara who made the Strikeforce games for the PSP, Toukiden and Dragon Quest Heroes along with a fourth team that made :

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dyn ... 0727210016

So you can see their accumen. Meanwhile, former alumni of Omega Force such as Kou Shibusawa made the Crimson Sea series that featured a bit of his early Dynasty Warriors work and took over the development of Nioh in order for it to escape development hell and become what it is today. But of course game critics, jewtubers like Jim and a certain other fag, despite being on opossite sides, represent the absolute worst and misrepresent everything for either billth or a spot at EVO via youtube whoring.

And of course, they don't bother to explain why the games are deeper or whatever because they can't. That would require them understanding the gameplay beyond the basic shit of Square-Triangle that God of War later made extremely popular yet they treat both as if they are interchangable and thus "everybody knows God of War = God of War is Square-Triangle = Warriors are Square-Triangle = You get why the system is deeper" when that explanation and mental gymnastics usually doesn't even cover the half of it.

Koei's biggest sin is that some of the older personell like Koinuma(see his Samurai Warriors and Berserk to understand) and Suzuki(just see Dynasty Warriors as a whole) refuse categorically to borrow ideas from olready existing games in their catalogue just because some other guy in Omega Force developed it. Hence why you have baffling decisions like "why the hell doesn't DW copy DQH2's system on top of their own unique Musou system and weapon change they have? Problem solve, right?" happen all the time. The famous "one step forward 2-5 steps ass-backwards" instead of seeing various games solve many of their trivial problems, advance and become actually really good games that can rival the top. They are also very reluctant to ask Tecmo of any help it seems, as Koinuma left after Hyrule Warriors and didn't want to participate in Fire Emblem Warriors development, leading it to go to utter shit, a game designer left and went to Marvelous during the start of FEW's development and now we have Fate Extella & Extella Link thanks to him...

And so many more but that's enough sperge for now. Koei as a company is more unfortunate(or rather moronic) than anything because they want to pander to America instead of focusing just on Nipland, Chinkland and Yurope sans Bongland, where their core audience has always been and have always been fanatics of the Beat'em ups and their 1vs1000s counterparts and they constantly seek Anglosphere senpai's approval.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm

I have a lot I want to respond to with this masterful post. :lol:
he basically came in for the chinese warriors / japanese prettybois cockslapping each other rather than the games themselves and what they can achieve or offer. Except Jim is the rare kind of idiot you find with some senior members in that forum where they've been "MUH CHINK NOVEL, ACUR8 4 TEH WINZ, ADD MOARZ EVEN IF CLONEZ, MUH HASBANDO" from the days of DW3 and basically where the ones the fanbase gave equal amounts of shit as the ones who went "button masher". They don't care about the games as games, they don't crae about how they play, they care about their favourite character(out of god knows how many) to play only as them and jerk off to how close it is to actual history / a shitty novel. And of course, they never care about any other KoeiTecmo game, ever. And they also shit on them and never aknowledge their existence.
I'm almost 100% certain this is true for Jim. He talks about "muh dynasty warriors main" (it's the claws guy) constantly and has said openly on a few occasions that he doesn't follow the spinoff games. He also tends to speak of them as "all the same thing" and uses standard warriors complaints such as "overly repetitive" and "lazy" to describe the spinoffs. I've never even heard him mention Pirate Warriors. He liked Ken's Rage 1, but I've complained in the past that this review seems to indicate he doesn't understand the game mechanics. I'd love to see him fight Ryuga or Souther and explain to me how those boss fights work without using the words "randomly becomes invincible for no raisin" or "bullshit." He just sounds like DSP tbh when he rages on Ken's Rage bosses. "WUUUT I WAS BLACKING DOOD, THIS GUY IS INVINCIBLE FOR NO REASON" (as the boss is clearly doing a signature attack or activating rage mode lel.)
This kind of behaviour is pretty common to the point where I had to tell that Koei is capable of making an amazing game with over 8 musous available, with great weight in combat and tons of fun and everybody was looking at me funny and couldn't even believe that Ken's Rage existed. In the forum about Koei's games. SMH.
This is kind of why I feel the best musou games are the spinoffs. As I said, they're not married to tradition when they start making a game based on anime licenses. Yeah sure, Luffy is always going to have certain techniques he uses, but how the game mechanics work is up to Tecmo Koei. Hyakuretsu-Ken from Fist of the North Star is actually a really shitty move and gets outclassed almost immediately, which you wouldn't think would happen if they were adhering strictly to the license.

The only spinoff game I see getting praise is hyrule warriors, and that's solely because of nintendo. I don't see how that game is any better than Pirate Warriors 3, Ken's Rage or the dragon quest warriors game. Might not even be better than the Arslan one or AoT.
Not to mention, Omega Force is so big now, it's basically four different teams doing different things; it's Suzuki who handles the nu-DWs after 5, Koinuma who handles Attack on Titan and played a big role on Hyrule Warriors, Gundam, Ken's Rage and One Piece, Berserk since he's a fan of those(guess which one of them is the failure :lol: )
The funny thing about failing to make a Berserk musou is they already made a berserk musou on the PSP called Undead Knights. It's different in some ways and an atypical musou game, but the story and characters are pretty much stolen from Berserk. Also I remember Crimson Sea 2 from the ps2 era. I never played that game as much as it deserved.
And of course, they don't bother to explain why the games are deeper or whatever because they can't. That would require them understanding the gameplay beyond the basic shit of Square-Triangle that God of War later made extremely popular yet they treat both as if they are interchangable and thus "everybody knows God of War = God of War is Square-Triangle = Warriors are Square-Triangle = You get why the system is deeper" when that explanation and mental gymnastics usually doesn't even cover the half of it.
Light and heavy attacks aren't even remotely unique to cod of war either lel. But I still hear musou games compared to gow.
Koei's biggest sin is that some of the older personell like Koinuma(see his Samurai Warriors and Berserk to understand) and Suzuki(just see Dynasty Warriors as a whole) refuse categorically to borrow ideas from olready existing games in their catalogue just because some other guy in Omega Force developed it. Hence why you have baffling decisions like "why the hell doesn't DW copy DQH2's system on top of their own unique Musou system and weapon change they have? Problem solve, right?" happen all the time. The famous "one step forward 2-5 steps ass-backwards" instead of seeing various games solve many of their trivial problems, advance and become actually really good games that can rival the top. They are also very reluctant to ask Tecmo of any help it seems, as Koinuma left after Hyrule Warriors and didn't want to participate in Fire Emblem Warriors development, leading it to go to utter shit, a game designer left and went to Marvelous during the start of FEW's development and now we have Fate Extella & Extella Link thanks to him...
They seem pretty stingy as a company. I hear people cry about how they reuse the same assets over and over, but that's much less true of the spinoff games. It is strange that they never adopted all the good ideas from certain games.

Fate Extella is.... Well... Let's just say I like Fate/Zero and the dialogue is still top cringe in that game, to say nothing of very bare-bones arenas and relatively little gameplay nuance even compared to other musou games.
And so many more but that's enough sperge for now. Koei as a company is more unfortunate(or rather moronic) than anything because they want to pander to America instead of focusing just on Nipland, Chinkland and Yurope sans Bongland, where their core audience has always been and have always been fanatics of the Beat'em ups and their 1vs1000s counterparts and they constantly seek Anglosphere senpai's approval.
Especially China now that China is allowing in games and the market is massive there.

It's a shame too, because Murica ('s game journo shills) are never going to accept warriors games beyond whatever spinoffs and main titles become big here by virtue of the license, such as Hyrule Warriors. Hyrule Warriors 2 would sell well here, but most anything else will be shit on. I hope they keep doing anime spinoffs. I'd like to see Berserk Musou 2 (with at least twice as many characters and more content), Dragon Ball Musou and maybe whatever anime shit is really popular right now. Even a mediocre series like My Hero Academia or One Punch Man could make for a fun musou game.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:53 pm

I hope so. A Full Metal Warriors would kick all kinds of ass.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:10 pm

What Full Metal Musou? Alchemist? Panic? Madness?
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:48 pm
This is kind of why I feel the best musou games are the spinoffs. As I said, they're not married to tradition when they start making a game based on anime licenses. Yeah sure, Luffy is always going to have certain techniques he uses, but how the game mechanics work is up to Tecmo Koei. Hyakuretsu-Ken from Fist of the North Star is actually a really shitty move and gets outclassed almost immediately, which you wouldn't think would happen if they were adhering strictly to the license.

The only spinoff game I see getting praise is hyrule warriors, and that's solely because of nintendo. I don't see how that game is any better than Pirate Warriors 3, Ken's Rage or the dragon quest warriors game. Might not even be better than the Arslan one or AoT.
Them having passion for the licenses helps. Heck, there's a manga out there that was released on the net right before KR's japanese release that chronicled the game development production. I'm not kidding at all. HWL gets praise because it's Zelda though a Mario Musou would get the same amount of dick licking from the west and as twist, from Japan as well(because nipland prefers Dragon Quest and Ys instead of FF and Zelda, kek). It's better than Arslan, that much is true, the rest of them, no. It takes some steps back(grinding), takes some steps forward(map deployment, movesets, unit switching). It's about on par. Doesn't help that Arslan was a last minute request for only the first season of the animu and they had to rush it for quick shekels as if it was a movie-tie-in. Didn't help that the studio jew'd the fans as well with the second season.
The funny thing about failing to make a Berserk musou is they already made a berserk musou on the PSP called Undead Knights. It's different in some ways and an atypical musou game, but the story and characters are pretty much stolen from Berserk. Also I remember Crimson Sea 2 from the ps2 era. I never played that game as much as it deserved.
Excuse you, it's called Berserk for the PS2 and it's the 100 animal slaughter mode. :lol: Undead Knights was by Tecmo ironically, the dudes called Team Tachyon and made the PS2 Rygar while helping with the production of Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden's at times(some minor help). Unfortunately they disbanded later and some got absorbed in other parts of Tecmo while others, I have no idea. Sad we'll never get to see UK2.
They seem pretty stingy as a company. I hear people cry about how they reuse the same assets over and over, but that's much less true of the spinoff games. It is strange that they never adopted all the good ideas from certain games.

Fate Extella is.... Well... Let's just say I like Fate/Zero and the dialogue is still top cringe in that game, to say nothing of very bare-bones arenas and relatively little gameplay nuance even compared to other musou games.
It's mostly apparent in mainline games since they have a tendency to redesign each and every character so many times for each game and focus on their animu hair that they have to reuse maps etc. In games like One Piece, you can't really change how much Luffy looks so you sit down and improve gameplay. Also, when DW and SW have carry-overs from the PS2 era, things become a bit ridiculous and I'm not talking about the frame date and movesets.

Fate Extella is for those who played Fate / Extra on the PSP so animu cringe was guaranteed but the game has great combo potential. Too bad the rest of it is Warriors All Stars levels of bad like you described.
Especially China now that China is allowing in games and the market is massive there.

It's a shame too, because Murica ('s game journo shills) are never going to accept warriors games beyond whatever spinoffs and main titles become big here by virtue of the license, such as Hyrule Warriors. Hyrule Warriors 2 would sell well here, but most anything else will be shit on. I hope they keep doing anime spinoffs. I'd like to see Berserk Musou 2 (with at least twice as many characters and more kahntent), Dragon Ball Musou and maybe whatever anime shit is really popular right now. Even a mediocre series like My Hero Academia or One Punch Man could make for a fun musou game.
I can tell you right now, if HW Definitive edition for the Switch sells well(it will), HW2 is on the horizon. Nips and wests want a Mario Musou(no joke), everybody wants DB Musou ever after Ken's Rage since it was the second most requested adaptation(with only 20 votes difference or something among half a million votes, for each).

Berserk Musou ws again a one-off a kind deal since the anime studio approached them and not the other way around, like with what happened with AoT, KR, One Piece and Gundam. The worst part is that we better be thankfull that Koinuma and his team love the manga, or we would have gotten only the movies as a game. I'm not kidding. The original plan was for the studio to contract them for 3 years and release the movies with the movie footage the first year, do the same for the second game that covered what the anime covered in its two seasons. What-a-jew. Koinuma said fuck that and we got all of Berserk up until the boat and that's why at some point the animu footage isn't used and KT made their own. Apparently they had to scrap Rosine's arc though since killing kids is haram now n Japan's vidya. :roll:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow