People Drop Their Spaghetti Over Skyrim

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: People Drop Their Spaghetti Over Skyrim

Post by Charlar » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Oblivion was lite-Skyrim, with Skyrim inheriting a whole bunch Oblivion problems and adding new ones
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Oblivion most certainly wasn't Skyrim-lite. Oblivion still had the decency to let you turn off quest markers and still give you verbal directions to get where you needed to go instead of your character being psychic.

Oblivion allowed use of a weapon and shield while still being able to cast spells, removed the chance-based combat (which is utterly ridiculous), and allowed blocking without a shield if you so chose. Every character type was viable in Oblivion because you weren't limited by, "I don't have a shield and parrying apparently doesn't exist as a concept in this world." Mechanically you were able to do just about anything.

Skyrim was a step backward with its, "look at my akimbo spells," system for magic and the fact that dual wielding is utterly pointless unless you're using power attacks.

Mechanically Oblivion was far superior to Morrowind and still is far superior to Skyrim. Balance issues are where Oblivion fell short.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:20 am

We didn't play the same game it seems
-All fanbases are shit

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:43 pm

[youtube]https://youtu.be/xKPcJubW5b8[/youtube]

The only Skyrim review ever needed.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Charlar wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:20 am
Oh we most certainly played the same game but it seems you didn't view it as objectively as you should have been. This is the same problem a lot of those, "MORROWIND BEST GAME, I'M STOPPING MY SKYRIM LP TO PLAY MORROWIND, PEACE," people have.

"I'm going to play this game and (sub)consciously compare it to a game that I, personally, feel is superior to it without looking at the game and its own merits and realizing what this game does better than that game."

Oblivion is the high point of the series as far as action mechanics are concerned. It also still manages to have believable cities and would have easily had believable NPCs if Bethesda were better at making procedurally generated conversations and attractive faces. Radiant AI is actually an incredible step forward for a game of this type and made certain missions that much more interesting to take part in (particularly some of the Dark Brotherhood ones).

Contrast this with Morrowind where everything is chance based meaning you have to constantly keep your fatigue up (because basic movement makes you tired too fast) or you'll miss a thousand times despite having a 50 skill and 75 agility and hitting the enemy directly. NPCs tend to either stand stock still or wander around in a random pattern within a certain area meaning that the majority of the time there are clear safe zones where you can sneak and steal items or shoot people with weaponry-- or you can just walk right up to literally everyone and provoke them into attacking you and never receive a single bit of punishment.

Morrowind had a much more interesting world than Oblivion but that was only because it was alien. Oblivion was too high fantasy because Bethesda wasn't willing to commit to what Cyrodiil actually is, which is a mishmash of a bunch of different topographies including jungles.

Skyrim did nothing but dumb down the triumphs of Oblivion. The only place it really did anything better than Oblivion was with believable NPCs. This was accomplished through making far less NPCs but giving them defined personalities.

Exploration and such doesn't matter, however, when Bethesda released Daggerfall well before Morrowind where they had a game world that would literally take 60+ hours to travel across and featured numerous cities. Daggerfall had the issue of having procedurally generated towns, however.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:48 pm

So Daggerfall was basically Fantasy No Man's Sky done right. Lol.

And the best mechanic of Morrowind by far was pissing NPCs off till they decide to attack you, making murdering them a legal act of self-defense. Good times.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:35 pm
Charlar wrote:
Oh we most certainly played the same game but it seems you didn't view it as objectively as you should have been. This is the same problem a lot of those, "MORROWIND BEST GAME, I'M STOPPING MY SKYRIM LP TO PLAY MORROWIND, PEACE," people have.

"I'm going to play this game and (sub)consciously compare it to a game that I, personally, feel is superior to it without looking at the game and its own merits and realizing what this game does better than that game."

Oblivion is the high point of the series as far as action mechanics are concerned. It also still manages to have believable cities and would have easily had believable NPCs if Bethesda were better at making procedurally generated conversations and attractive faces. Radiant AI is actually an incredible step forward for a game of this type and made certain missions that much more interesting to take part in (particularly some of the Dark Brotherhood ones).

Contrast this with Morrowind where everything is chance based meaning you have to constantly keep your fatigue up (because basic movement makes you tired too fast) or you'll miss a thousand times despite having a 50 skill and 75 agility and hitting the enemy directly. NPCs tend to either stand stock still or wander around in a random pattern within a certain area meaning that the majority of the time there are clear safe zones where you can sneak and steal items or shoot people with weaponry-- or you can just walk right up to literally everyone and provoke them into attacking you and never receive a single bit of punishment.

Morrowind had a much more interesting world than Oblivion but that was only because it was alien. Oblivion was too high fantasy because Bethesda wasn't willing to commit to what Cyrodiil actually is, which is a mishmash of a bunch of different topographies including jungles.

Skyrim did nothing but dumb down the triumphs of Oblivion. The only place it really did anything better than Oblivion was with believable NPCs. This was accomplished through making far less NPCs but giving them defined personalities.

Exploration and such doesn't matter, however, when Bethesda released Daggerfall well before Morrowind where they had a game world that would literally take 60+ hours to travel across and featured numerous cities. Daggerfall had the issue of having procedurally generated towns, however.
We don agree so stop spouting all your retarded nonsense buddy, its not going to convince anyone. You like obvlivion we get it get the fuck over it already.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Brad posing as Chillock the black nazi muslim christian nicknamed harrythebarry wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:51 pm
We don agree so stop spouting all your retarded nonsense buddy, its not going to convince anyone. You like obvlivion we get it get the fuck over it already.
First lesson when visiting this forum, don't take the spaz above too seriously, because he's mostly just craving for attention, Chris-chan style. Don't waste time arguing, don't do banter, you'll be only dissapointed. Also his "we and anyone" means only "me and me".
Guest wrote:
Oblivion is the high point of the series as far as action mechanics are concerned.
I agree. Elder Scrolls games are notoriously overrated anyways, it's not like this has been the case only with Skyrim.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:21 pm
Brad posing as Chillock the black nazi muslim christian nicknamed harrythebarry wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:51 pm
First lesson when visiting this forum, don't take the spaz above too seriously, because he's mostly just craving for attention, Chris-chan style. Don't waste time arguing, don't do banter, you'll be only dissapointed. Also his "we and anyone" means only "me and me".
Guest wrote:
Oblivion is the high point of the series as far as action mechanics are concerned.
I agree. Elder Scrolls games are notoriously overrated anyways, it's not like this has been the case only with Skyrim.

at least im not a coward like you who guest posts, and if you dont have eyes let me explain. There are several people here saying oblivions mechanics are bad and that morrowind is better, therefor the us. But I guess comprehensive reading is just a bit above your level.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Charlar wrote:

Hey wow there, i just meant that i didn't like some things in Oblivion that i felt where smilar to things i also saw in Skyrim, Oblivion not a bad game i just didn't like it as much as you. Morrowind is not perfect at all i just like it despite it's flaws
-All fanbases are shit