Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:37 pm

ban wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:58 pm
I admit I'm several years detached from that but I remember that after the Adventure Era(or just Adventure 2), I saw things from the brittish issues of Sonic appearing in those games.
Sega pretty conclusively 'no'-ed that stuff. The British and American comics are all based on SatAm, have a band of furry Freedom Fighters taken from that show and take place on a planet called Mobius. Sega's official games take place on Earth and don't include any characters that weren't created by them. It's been a SonAutist complaint for many years that Sega don't acknowledge those shitty comics.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:45 pm

They did on occasion. I think Sega put their foot down when Ken Penders wanted to permanently kill off Sally Acorn, probably arguing that this furfaggotry is cancerous enough without also adding edgelord faggotry.
They might've also repeatedly complained about the comic being too different from the games, which may or may not be a reason why they eventually replaced SatAM Robotnik with an Eggman from a different dimension or something who actually looks like how he's supposed to look.

Not that this matters anymore. Sanic comics are now done by a different team, with none of that Freedom Fighter shit (afaik, at least).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:49 pm

Sonic cuckmix are done by Tue best comic loisensor now, IDW.

ban

Post by ban » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:08 pm
Can't all be winners like Sanic Underground, which gave us the supreme waifuhog that is Sonia.
It-it can't be! How can you know about this arcane, forbidden knowledge that only kids from france and canada in the 90s were supposed to know about since they didn't get Sally Accorn? :o

And sorry moe, didn't play Unleashed so I wouldn't know much beyond it's the first time boost existed and that the Werehog is a thing. I still listened to the OST though.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:14 pm
Originally, the plan was to replace the existing cast of [Popful Mail] with Sonic characters, including Sonic's long lost sister, Sister Sonic. Due to a large number of angry letters sent to Sega Falcom (the name which would be used for the Sega and Falcom team) it was decided to cancel this port and instead settle on a more direct port of Popful Mail to the Mega CD. This would have been the first RPG in the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Gamers learned from Doki Doki Panic, it seems :lol:
>People didn't want 90s klessik Sanic to meet up with some of the best designed characters by soon-to-be-famous mega hentai artists while supposedly they ripped off every kind of punk fashion possible on top of LotR stuff
>We could have had SEGA and Falcom collaborating on future projects
>We could have had a collaborative SEGA sound team and Falcom Sound Team with remixes of each other companies games in the style of their amazing musicians
>Ys game with remixes from Yuzo Koushiro while SoR ost by JDK Band
>We could have had klessic Adol and klessic Sanic go on awesome, super fast-paced isometric adventures with banging soundtracks on both sega consoles and the PC
>We could crack jokes about Adol and Sanic sounding similar
>We live in the timeline where Ys is FUCKING DEAD and Sanic is yiffbait instead of a classic

Shamefur dispray!
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:37 pm
Sega pretty conclusively 'no'-ed that stuff. The British and American comics are all based on SatAm, have a band of furry Freedom Fighters taken from that show and take place on a planet called Mobius. Sega's official games take place on Earth and don't include any characters that weren't created by them. It's been a SonAutist complaint for many years that Sega don't acknowledge those shitty comics.
I see. Yeah my friends and I also grew up with Sonic just being a cartoon hedgehog from Earth and none of that Mobius stuff. It was quite a whiplash going on the net back in 1999 and looking on game guides and other things that "Unlike the cartoons, these games take place on Earth" and I was like

>WAT
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:00 pm

ban wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:54 pm
It-it can't be! How can you know about this arcane, forbidden knowledge that only kids from france and canada in the 90s were supposed to know about since they didn't get Sally Accorn? :o
I was dimly aware that this also aired in Krautland, and I never quite forgot that it existed because how could you ever forget a premise like "Sanic is a prince who fights for La Résistance with the power of punk rock"?.
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:49 pm
Sonic cuckmix are done by Tue best comic loisensor now, IDW.
Better not do any research on this, 'cause I'd say there's a good chance you might stumble upon transgender Sanic OCs (do not steal).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:04 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:45 pm
They did on occasion. I think Sega put their foot down when Ken Penders wanted to permanently kill off Sally Acorn, probably arguing that this furfaggotry is cancerous enough without also adding edgelord faggotry.
They might've also repeatedly complained about the comic being too different from the games, which may or may not be a reason why they eventually replaced SatAM Robotnik with an Eggman from a different dimension or something who actually looks like how he's supposed to look.
Yeah, Sega have guidelines on how their licence is used. But that's not what I'm talking about. When I talk about acknowledgment, I mean Sega have never tried to incorporate anything from those shitty comics into their games. They even repudiated it a lot of times. Best example is with Penders making the Echidnas basically John Byrne's Kryptonians, and when Sega featured them in Sonic Adventure they were basically Mayans. You know, really primitive and the complete opposite of Penders' autism.

ban

Post by ban » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:07 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:00 pm
I was dimly aware that this also aired in Krautland, and I never quite forgot that it existed because how could you ever forget a premise like "Sanic is a prince who fights for La Résistance with the power of punk rock"?.
I never forgot. It was one of the subbed shows that aired very early on weekend mornings and upon seeing it, I decided to seal this knowledge and never tell anyone in order to spare them.
SpoilerShow
Ok fuck it, I liked it as a kid. :lol: I needed something cool after the depression-a-thon that was Gargoyles. Amazing but the feels always killed me.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:04 pm
When I talk about acknowledgment, I mean Sega have never tried to incorporate anything from those shitty comics into their games.
I think they briefly entertained the idea of a handheld title starring Sally Acorn.
Best example is with Penders making the Echidnas basically John Byrne's Kryptonians, and when Sega featured them in Sonic Adventure they were basically Mayans. You know, really primitive and the complete opposite of Penders' autism.
It gets even dumber if you know that the Penders Echidnas are supposed to have split off into nature-loving and tech-loving Echidnas - which in his mind means "high-tech dudes" and "Furry Tech-Priests".
-Yours Truly

Moe Bitches

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:28 pm

Iirc, the only time any of the Archie characters ever showed up in a game was in Sonic Spinball. There was apparently some stealth Sonic game based on SatAM but never came to fruition.

There was a fangame Sonic Epoch that tried to continue SatAM with the scrapped scripts. Only the GBA version is completed.
"I just feel that stating an obvious joke could get tired sometimes so I try to make something else out of it to the point where it's not a joke, rendering it not funny. It is no joke to be blind/seeing nothing but darkness."

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 pm

SegaSonic the Egghog had unused sprites featuring SatAM Robotnig.
The closest Sage got to finalizing an acknowledgment of Archie might be the Sonic Mega Collection+ which included scans of the first issue and a cover gallery (including the cover to Sonic Live).