Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 06, 2020 12:50 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:15 am
Open source means anyone, literally anyone, can make their own branch off of Dolphin and make changes regardless of whether they are on their team or not.
I was just pointing out what kind of person works on emulators.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed May 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:50 pm
Poonoo wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:15 am
Open source means anyone, literally anyone, can make their own branch off of Dolphin and make changes regardless of whether they are on their team or not.
I was just pointing out what kind of person works on emulators.
Its all so tiresome.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 06, 2020 5:46 pm

They're the target audience for programmer socks for a reason.

Also I hope that Dolphin fork will be called Shark.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed May 06, 2020 5:49 pm

Name the new 64 emulator the Nintendo 41%.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed May 06, 2020 5:51 pm

It would be downright anti-progressive to not utilize this leaked code. Our 8-bit and 16-bit emulators work so good because they utilize leaked code from old leaked dev kits. All these people need to do is compile the code into a file and make a program running it and do not provide the proprietary files like all classic emulators do.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 06, 2020 6:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:46 pm
They're the target audience for programmer socks for a reason.

Also I hope that Dolphin fork will be called Shark.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed May 06, 2020 6:23 pm

>dolphins are smarter than humans
>all dolphins do is rape each other all day long
What did dolphins mean by this?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 07, 2020 11:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:23 pm
Dolphins are muslim?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri May 08, 2020 12:03 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:45 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:23 pm
Dolphins are muslim?
I said dolphins are smart.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 23, 2020 6:41 am

There's something hard to pinpoint about Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate that makes it feel different from the others. Moga village is max comfy compared to the other towns. It has a farm just like 2nd gen did. One thing I loved about 2nd gen was you could spend a good 20 minutes doing random shit in the town without even hunting. You could go gather materials at the farm between missions, check the palico lady, manage palicoes, use the kitchen to cook meat and fish for you, and scrape materials off the giant sword in the stone. It was a small town, but dense with activities.

Sure, pokke is in Gen and Gen U, but it's a stripped-down version that lacks the farm and the extra parts of your house. Moga village, like Pokke, has a farm, fishing boats and a convenient exit to the woods when you want to go on an expedition. Expeditions in 3U are better imo because they take place on the normal moga island map, rather than an expeditions-only map. It gives a sense of place. You really feel that Moga is situated in a particular geographic location. The whole game is about local community within the town. 3U also has my favorite guild waifu.

If 3U had the climbing and mounting of 4U, I'd say it's the perfect monster hunter game. Gen has a lot of the mission maps from 3U and the monsters, but it's lacking the town and doesn't have the same feel (because it's a compilation game.) Gen has a ton of bloat in its missions too, with all these gathering missions that waste time and provide little reward. 3U's swimming wasn't to everyone's tastes and it's kind of slow, but it does provide a unique and sometimes very enjoyable way to move around. You can hold your breath forever without surfacing. The more I play 3U, the more I like it. 4U has some absolute dogshit maps where you spend 90% of the mission climbing fucking vines so you can transition areas. Meanwhile, the monster you're hunting will troll you by flying between areas that require you to keep climbing vines.
SpoilerShow
This post is long enough, but I'll just add that 3U has fucking phenomenal map design. The island and flooded forest are both so vibrant and beautiful.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome