Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 05, 2020 8:00 pm

Pretty neat. Also, the dude has a Windjammers T-shirt. I kind of want one.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue May 05, 2020 8:04 pm

This is great! Nintendo is going to explode because this will render their virtual consoles obsolete. Sure Nintendo will crack down harder on emulation communities but programmers are smart, they won't use the source codes directly but will definitely take "inspiration" from them.

We may finally have a working N64 and Gamecube emulator in the near future, yet.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 05, 2020 8:17 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:04 pm
this will render their virtual consoles obsolete.
Nah. It was mostly obsolete already. Just look at how well the NES Classic sold, an item that is obsolete on a dozen levels.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:04 pm
We may finally have a working N64 and Gamecube emulator in the near future, yet.
True for N64, that's good, but we already have Dolphin, an emulator that isn't only good, it actually surpasses the original console in many regards.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue May 05, 2020 8:22 pm

In my opinion Dolphin is hardly stable. Having a system's source code will only perfect emulation. Though Dolphin's developers sworn they will never look at it. They're probably too proud to take advantage of the leak, anyway.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 05, 2020 8:29 pm

More like too scared to get sued.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 05, 2020 8:36 pm

Nintendo might try to fuck them either way, just to send a message to the community.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed May 06, 2020 2:43 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:29 pm
More like too scared to get sued.
This. But at some point they'll deem the coast is clear and one day N64 and GC/Wiki emulation will mysteriously get 100 times better and nobody will know why.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed May 06, 2020 4:08 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:22 pm
In my opinion Dolphin is hardly stable. Having a system's source code will only perfect emulation. Though Dolphin's developers sworn they will never look at it. They're probably too proud to take advantage of the leak, anyway.
The video said Dolphin is open source so all it takes in one guy making a branch from the official Dolphin using the source code and it will work. If they are smart enough to keep themselves anonymous Nintendo won't be able to do shit.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 06, 2020 5:02 am

Poonoo wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:08 am
RAPEMAN wrote:
The video said Dolphin is open source so all it takes in one guy making a branch from the official Dolphin using the source code and it will work. If they are smart enough to keep themselves anonymous Nintendo won't be able to do shit.
Seeing how the UI designer was a transfaggot that offed himself five or so years ago I wouldn't place any bets on that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed May 06, 2020 5:15 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:02 am
Poonoo wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:08 am
RAPEMAN wrote:
Seeing how the UI designer was a transfaggot that offed himself five or so years ago I wouldn't place any bets on that.
>this ESL Kraut's lack of reading comprehension

Open source means anyone, literally anyone, can make their own branch off of Dolphin and make changes regardless of whether they are on their team or not.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.