Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 pm

MK Armageddon was a must play on the Wii.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:40 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:39 pm
So I was lurking foxdickfarms Blob thread (y'all are slacking, what can I say), and the conversation turned to the Gamecube where I hear one of the most exceptional and retarded takes I've ever heard. The idea that third party developers avoided the Gamecube because of Nintendo's "family friendly image" going onto say that the Gamecube itself looked like a child's toy.
That was the mentality at the time though of many people, even I remember thinking the Gamecube was a kiddy console when I was a stupid teenager who liked Limp Biscuit. All the games you mentioned were third party games, the games Nintendo made themselves definitely looked "kiddy" at the time which in the 2000s seemed dated since games since the late 90s looked less cartoony.

I don't think that is the main reason third parties avoided it though, low sales of it compared to the Xbox in the USA and Europe (those two consoles are only close because the Xbox sold like shit in Japan) and Nintendo historically being complete cunts to third parties is why publishers don't like dealing with them, and that hasn't changed. Just look at all the Wii third party exclusives that Nintendo didn't promote at all and compare it to Sony and Xbox exclusives that both companies would pimp out at E3 and appreciate. Publishers only put games on their system if they sell well but if they had a choice they don't want to deal with Nintendo's stubborn shit.

That and the gamecube controller didn't have a standard set-up like the PS2 and Xbox controllers do despite being comfy as fuck in your hands, so only games built for the gamecube worked well. And those stupid smaller discs that had fuck all space compared to DVDs was a pain in the ass, just like cartridges were compared to CDs with the N64.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:34 am

Xbawks is the best console from that generation to play on today, most of the games for it have a better resolution than the other two and usually the least expensive. Now if only they could iron out emulation for it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:44 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:39 pm
snip
>Kiwi has retarded opinions
I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked.

People have mentioned it here but the main reasons why the Gamecube didn't do too well were:
1) The mini discs. Nintendo's proprietary format had less storage space than your standard DVD that everybody else was using
2) Lack of third party support due to both the above and the fact that Yamauchi had pretty much told them to fuck off when they made the N64
3) The fact that it was so late out of the gate. I think the Gamecube finally got launched in 2002, which was two years after the PS2 had come out. I think even the Xbox had launched in most territories by the time the Gamecube had been released
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:00 am

mad bum wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:34 am
Xbawks is the best console from that generation to play on today, most of the games for it have a better resolution than the other two and usually the least expensive.
Seriously this, Xbox games are cheap as fuck and seeing them run on a 360 on my HD TV was insane, I thought the upscaler on the 360 was really good but after reading what you said the resolution on the games was actually just not shit. PS2 and Gamecube games look blurry as fuck by comparison.

Crimson Skies is fucking fun and dirt cheap, if anything on the original Xbox looks good to you I suggest you pick it up now while the games cost fuck all.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:26 am

I bought a fucking SNES Classic mini today. Kinda cool. Watched a video on how to hack it and add more games by ETA Prime on YouTube.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:27 am

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:00 am
Crimson Skies is fucking fun and dirt cheap, if anything on the original Xbox looks good to you I suggest you pick it up now while the games cost fuck all.
I have that fucking game! Maybe I shod bust out the ole Xbox and play it again .

Just the past summer I got it out to play Halo 2 with a bud visiting from out of town.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:31 pm

It's all moot now anyway to argue over that generation. All I want is proper emulation of the Xbox and the 360 so I can finally play Ninja Gaiden I and II again but better.
Don't try to sell me on those faggy casual Sigma versions on the Gaystations.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:46 am

/ourguy/ nignog soulja boy sounds like someone from DHI.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:00 am

Nigs gonna nog. Stupid nigger supreme Soulja re-branded alibaba Ching Chong trash consoles, sold them upmarked by a hundred dollaridoos and thought he wouldn't get bodied by Regie's ready one. /ourguy/ my ass. I bet if I'd bother scrolling through his twatter he's supported BLM at some point because he's a dumb nigger like that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!