Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:50 am

Its okay boss, take all the time you need!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:33 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:45 am
A soulless international corporation made a lazy product. It sold a lot because it appealed to idiots. This is a personal win for me.
Fucking disgusting, isn't it?
All these tools do is hold back Game Freak from finally doing a VR waifu simulator - the only good thing that could possibly come out of that company.

Bonus points to the unfathomably stupid moron that thought the best earning, least effort vidya franchise of all time that makes EA nut multiple times even only dreaming about owning would possibly get shut down. Sword/Shield could've had the worst sales of any Poggerman game ever and they still would've kept making them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:49 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:33 am
Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:45 am
A soulless international corporation made a lazy product. It sold a lot because it appealed to idiots. This is a personal win for me.
All these tools do is hold back Game Freak from finally doing a VR waifu simulator - the only good thing that could possibly come out of that company.
You're not getting a VR pokegirl fucking sim. At best you'll get VR furry fucking. Satoshi Taijiri is autistic even by Japanese standards, there's no other way.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:54 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:33 am
You want to fuck Pikachu?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:15 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:54 am
I'd stand a better chance of getting that from Gay Freak, sadly. No. It's a well known meme that while they sucked ass at making Pokemon that aren't absolutely retarded shit or household appliances with eyes attached for years, their waifu game is very strong.
Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:49 am
You're not getting a VR pokegirl fucking sim.
Don't crush my dreams like that.

SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:16 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:15 am
their waifu game is very strong.
Soo...you want to fuck ten year old girls?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:17 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:16 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:15 am
their waifu game is very strong.
Soo...you want to fuck ten year old girls?
That's about as much of a bullshit number as anime vampire lolis that are hundreds of years old.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:53 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Actually, most poketards seem to be obsessed with Gardevoir and some sexy martial arts bunny whose name I can't remember.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:08 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:53 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Actually, most poketards seem to be obsessed with Gardevoir and some sexy martial arts bunny whose name I can't remember.
Lopunny. Fittingly, it sounds a lot like "low poly" what Pokemon mostly is so it's easy to remember.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki ... %C3%A9mon)
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:11 am

Think about this logically, anons. The 3DS' cartridges are much larger than the Switch's, so you can fit more Pokemon in them. They had to cut Pokemon otherwise they wouldn't fit on the cartridge.
Even with modern compression algorithms you can only shrink a pokemon down so much. Larger Pokemon like Wailord will still take up maybe a square millimetre.
A 3DS cart has 4.65cm^3 of storage volume. A Switch cartridge only has 1.95cm^3.
As evidenced by the GameBoy's massive cartridges but meagre 151 Pokemon, we can see that compression algorithms have gone a long way to shrink things down. However, Moore's law stopped being true at some point during the DS's lifespan - hence the smaller difference in size between BW's Pokedex and SuMo's.
Anyway, it's hard to compress such a large number Pokemon into what is less than half the volume. You need to remember Pokemon some are really, really big - like Arbok, which is over 11 feet tall! When you think about it like this it's only natural for GameFreak to have to can some. (I'm personally really upset over losing Roserade).
The reduced storage volume of Switch cartridges will likely have an adverse effect on any game with a lot of things to collect - case in point Pokemon SwSh.