Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:44 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:37 pm
the 1:1 sword motion controls
Ahahahahahahaha! 1:1? Wew, try 1:none. You'll hit that "reset sword position" button more often than you hit A in Mario. It's a fucking travesty!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:54 pm
Honestly, the motion controls in that one didn't bother me at all.
They weren't as bad as Skyward Sword's but they still annoyed me. Also the mirroring annoyed me too. I generally preferred the Gamecube version because everything worked the way it was meant to
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:33 pm

The excuse for why they did this is a bit confusing to me. I can get mirroring Link's animation because he's usually left-handed (which most players aren't), but mirroring the whole game sounds like overkill.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:11 pm

Might've just been easier.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:44 pm

I'm sure it was easier. Game devs don't do shit that's weird for no reason. Master Quest mirrored the entire Ocarina of Time game and it didn't have any motion controls. I guess they wanted to mirror the position of some things to make the world more confusing, but the end result was they mirrored Link's handedness and other bizarre shit. There was no reason to mirror those things because the game doesn't have motion controls. That they were mirrored almost certainly means it was easier to reverse the entire game than to specifically mirror only some things.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:04 am

They also didn't need to change his handedness at all. For SS I can see it. But for TP the motion controls are basically just slightly moving the wiimote instead of pushing a button. Not even the direction matters.
I've been bashing in xeno heads in Space Hulk: Deathwing the last few days. Terminators have their melee weapon in the left hand. That hasn't ever bothered me.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:19 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:33 pm
mirroring the whole game sounds like overkill.
If you can imagine, they were under deadline (I remember vividly TP being a Christmas game) and it would have set the release schedule back considerably to go into the code or whatever and mirror the models and all that when they could, with considerably less effort, just mirror the entire game
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:17 am

Dunno. I feel there must've went something wrong in the initial development stage if you can't faff around with a single set of model / animation data without a ripple effect tearing the entire project apart :thinking:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:43 am

I don't know much about game development but I imagine that it simply would've been much more effort to go into the game code or whatever, flip one model and then debug it, because bugs always pop up when you change things. Nintendo wanted Twilight Princess as a Wii launch title and they wanted it out for Christmas. Much easier for them just to flip the whole game. If they had more time they probably could have flipped Link's model alone whilst keeping everything else the same.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:07 pm

I forgot, Toilet Paper got a Wii Yuu (((HD))) edition, right?
Did they not reflip the game? Did they do anything different of value?