Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:07 am

Are spics the key to shattering the Metroidvania genre?

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:38 am

For me, I hated the way Samus was constantly just angry. It was like they looked at the reception of how she was in other m and decided to go the opposite extreme. And of course they got rid of the zero suit endings (well there's one in the game I guess, but you have to get all the endings to unlock it). It wouldn't surprise me if they get rid of them all together in the next game if there is one.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:39 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:37 am
Still not worth 60 bucks.
No game is.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:40 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:39 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:37 am
Still not worth 60 bucks.
No game is.
True.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:46 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:38 am
For me, I hated the way Samus was constantly just angry. It was like they looked at the reception of how she was in other m and decided to go the opposite extreme. And of course they got rid of the zero suit endings (well there's one in the game I guess, but you have to get all the endings to unlock it). It wouldn't surprise me if they get rid of them all together in the next game if there is one.
Oh another thing, they completely ignore what happened at the end of fusion in the begining of the game. I guess the federation was just fine with samus disobeying a direct order when it came to the x parasites. They also seemed to be cool with her just taking their space station and ramming it into the x infested planet, basically destroying all the x and the federation's metroid experiments :lol:
Also what happened to her fusion suit? her regular suit was destroyed when she took out the sa-x. I guess she just has extras :roll:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:23 am

Yeah, any post-fusion metroid should have the fused suit, unless I'm misremembering the ending to fusion and they magicked that shit away. The whole point is samus is supposed to be a fucked up biomutant. Is she even wearing armor at this point? I'd respect removing the zero suit scenes and replacing them with some crazy shit out of Guyver instead.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:43 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:23 am
Yeah, any post-fusion metroid should have the fused suit, unless I'm misremembering the ending to fusion and they magicked that shit away. The whole point is samus is supposed to be a fucked up biomutant. Is she even wearing armor at this point? I'd respect removing the zero suit scenes and replacing them with some crazy shit out of Guyver instead.
Nah, you remembered right. At the end of Fusion, she absorbs the sa-x which does change her suit but just the color. So it's the fusion suit but it's the same color as her old varia suit. Even though her dna changed, it's really only the suit that gets affected. I think her suit is biological or something like that because something similar happens in Dread.

(metroid dread ending spoilers)
SpoilerShow
Her suit looks more like a metroid at the end and she gets life draining powers
In the fusion endings, it's still normal human samus. This games endings are just references to the past games (including other m)

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:47 am

Everyone is sucking Dread's dick, which.. really doesn't say much about its quality.
Mass appeal usually means it's for the lowest common denominator but ofc I'd have to be a contrarian to not like it. :lol:
It's a trap!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:44 am

rabidtictac wrote:
I'd respect removing the zero suit scenes and replacing them with some crazy shit out of Guyver instead.
I agree she should have been tentacle raped like in Out of Control.
Newhalf wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:47 am
Everyone is sucking dick
It's just you.

ban

Post by ban » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:44 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Samus' suit was always Guyver like, the translations were just fucked. The way it works is that Samus has implanted Chouzo DNA in her and certain cybernetic implants that allow her to access her suit when wearing the Zero Suit or at least something made from that material that has the star shaped thing on its back. That's why Samus appears in a skimpy outfit in Fusion :

That thing is her new Zero Suit until someone either repairs the entire suit or repairs the cloth or whatever. The Suit, even before the Fusion incident, always worked close to the Guyver suit because that's how it designed and that's how other biosuits at the time were designed, like Orgun and Tekkaman Blade, since all of the above(including Samus' Varia suit) were directly influenced by Space Knight Tekkaman, an anime from the 70s served as inspiration to Metroid along with Alien. Basically, Samus wore her Zero suit, the Zero suit transported the Guyver-like layer of armour, that fused with her body, that later became the Fusion suit and then it transported the mechanical parts of the suit on top of that.

Then there's the actual translation of Fusion that details the surgery and Samus exclaims that "in order to save my life, the Federation surgically removed large parts of my suit that, once mechanical, that had now fused with the bio-mechanical parts of my suit and body". So in Fusion, a lot of the more complicated machinery was removed and she was stripped to the techno-organic layer of her original suit and had to hurry an kill the Xs.

In Dread, since some time has passed, the new suit is basically new mechanical components to replace the lost Chozo armour parts the surgeons in Fusion had to cut out, and they simply stitched them on top of the Fusion suit in an attempt to make Samus durable again.

Edit : Since people are missing out a ton of context and I doubt anyone wants to see an autistic 40 minute lore dump video on Memetroid's story(like I did)

Here's the tl;dr :

>The BSL was actually handled by a rogue section of the Feddies
>The whole thing was part of a weapons and bio-engineering conspiracy
>Samus was actually sent there to prevent the X from spreading but the situation was fucked because the X assimilitated everything, mixed everyone's DNA in there and powered up even scrapped bio-engineered projects that were delegated to the trash heap(the Nightmare)
>The Feddies issued an order to FUCKING NUKE the station but they'd arrive in a day or two and by then the X would have assimilated and combined and then went on to rampage on the adjacent planet now that they blew up the Metroid section of the BSL
>Samus was willing to actually go in the central hub and fucking nuke everything, destroying the BSL but Adam(AI) stopped her because he didn't want her to die
>Basically, Samus and the AI ignore the Feddies and decide to sacrifice an entire fucking planet to anihilate the last of the X parasites
>Samus got a slap on the wrist for the planet destruction and was once again congratulated for saving the galaxy and exposing more corruption in the Federation

the end.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow