Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Probably wasn't a smart idea to move on from the SNES and its amazing library of all-time RPG classics to... the N64, which had... uh... does Hybrid Heaven count? That game was nuts.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:13 pm

You telling me Quest 64 isn't something to be proud of?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:24 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:07 pm
Probably wasn't a smart idea to move on from the SNES and its amazing library of all-time RPG classics to... the N64, which had... uh... does Hybrid Heaven count? That game was nuts.
It wasn't just the RPGs

Yamauchi ordered that the N64 be hard to develop for. This would ensure, in his opinion, that only the best game developers would develop games for it and the riff-raff would go somewhere else. What happened, however, was exactly the opposite. The good developers went and developed for the Playstation whilst the riff-raff released buggy, broken shovelware for the N64.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Dear Lord, this gives me flashbacks to those Blizzardtards defending Starcraft 2's convoluted editor. Exact same argument, exact same result.
Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:13 pm
You telling me Quest 64 isn't something to be proud of?
I didn't think it was necessary to mention the greatest video game to ever grace a Nintendo console.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:54 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 pm
Of course, the only reason Final Fantasy even went to Playstation in the first place is that Hiroshi Yamauchi told Square to fuck off, burned all bridges with them and said generally that RPGs were for basement dwelling losers.
Where is the lie?
Although the people Nigtendo caters to now are even worse.
The lie, or rather the miscalculation was that he didn't think there would be enough basement dwelling losers to make an RPG a multi-million seller.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Pope Corky III wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:03 pm
The lie, or rather the miscalculation was that he didn't think there would be enough basement dwelling losers to make an RPG a multi-million seller.
Based on previous information he probably would've been correct. Squaresoft's distribution outside of Japan was kind of spotty. RPGs were very niche and Final Fantasy didn't even exist in Europe until Final Fantasy VII came out. The reason FFVII did so well is that it managed to sell beyond the base and the reason it did that was that Sony gave Square a very hospitable promotional budget. These are all things Nintendo never would have done for them. If FFVII had been on the N64 it probably wouldn't have been as successful as it was.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:32 pm

We Europoors didn't even get Chrono Fucking Trigger. Madness!
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:28 pm

One could say you are triggered. Chrono Triggered.
I'll show myself out.
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:15 pm
Smash Ultimate really does look like the ultimate Smash at this point. If the Smash community weren't such screeching tards I'd probably say it was fan service done right.
Yeah, really looks like Mashedpotato Samurai wants to make good and bring the actual ultimate Smash. I'm pretty hype tbh.
I really like that approach. Much better than half a dozen more fucking Fire Emblem faggots nobody gives a shit about. Fuck Fire Emblem.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:51 pm

I finally caved about bought a Switch. Got a fat coupon to use so got a good deal. I'll be sure to post a selfie of me and my wife's son holding it while doing the soy gaping mouth smile pose.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:17 pm

I regret buying mine so soon, but I split the cost with my gf and would of sold it but she wants the new shin megami game that probably won't ever come out.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]