Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by mad bum » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:40 am

I thought its gotten better over the last few years? I remember it used to be terrible though.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:46 am

I think Saturn emulation is better than it used to be but I'm not aware of N64 getting any real improvement. The hackfrauds at Retroarch are putting together some new meme called ParreLEL but I never looked too deep into it.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:01 am

I thought Project 64 and Mupen were fine?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:53 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:25 am
N64 "hidden gems" sounds like the stupidest thing ever. There were so few actually great games on that console and even fewer of them are worth playing today that everyone even mildly interested in the console is pretty much aware of all the even passable games.
The fuck would you recommend that isn't well known but also isn't shit on that console? PS1 and 2, sure. SEGA Saturn, TurboGFX, certainly. But that's more because either absolute fuckloads of games came out for them or the consoles themselves were obscure outside of Japan. But the N64? Ridiculous!
Ogre Battle 64 is the only thing I can even remotely think of. But if you like strategy, you know about it. N64 also had some shitty ports from other consoles, but there's no reason to play them if you can play on another system or on PC.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:28 am

I haven't encountered any problems with N64 emulation in years. Then again like has already been said there's only a small number of games worth playing.
Is Spoony dead yet?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:00 am

Ogre battle 64, gauntlet legends and shadows of the empire are a few games I can think of right away that had emulator problems.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:27 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:28 am
I haven't encountered any problems with N64 emulation in years. Then again like has already been said there's only a small number of games worth playing.
If we're talking about games actually worth playing then N64 emulation is fine. If we're actually talking about accurate console emulation it's still fucking shoddy. They've managed to make most of the interesting stuff run well enough to play with relative accuracy but that's about it.

Saturn emulation is still very, very bad. That it's "gotten better" basically means that you can play Daytona USA somewhat alright and that's pretty much it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:56 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:27 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:28 am
If we're talking about games actually worth playing then N64 emulation is fine. If we're actually talking about accurate console emulation it's still fucking shoddy.
There is no motivation to get it to work well when the small handful of not shit games work fine. Why bother working your ass off to get it to work well (I'm assuming it's a bitch to emulate) for a bunch of games no one wants to fucking play anyway.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:18 pm

mad bum wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:00 am
Ogre battle 64, gauntlet legends and shadows of the empire are a few games I can think of right away that had emulator problems.
OB64 is on VC if you have a hacked Wii.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:47 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:27 am
Saturn emulation is still very, very bad. That it's "gotten better" basically means that you can play Daytona USA somewhat alright and that's pretty much it.
I've been trying to play Guardian Heroes for years, to no avail. And when they pre-release it, they decided to do it exclusively on Xbox Live so I'm still waiting.