Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Sony jumping on the me too bandwagon with PSX mini. No interest in the console itself but if they controllers arw decent (they use standard USB connectors) I may buy a couple for use with emulators.
Is Spoony dead yet?

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Bro I could buy the whole 20 games on there with a ps1 for $100. We're not even sure what sort of memory will be in there, Ps1 games are about 500 mb's - 1gb each. So there will probably be a 16 gb memory in it.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:11 pm

You could just emulate them for free online. Mini consoles are scam. Always have been and always will be.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:14 pm

You should check the retards on ebay thinking they are going to get $700 for one. Day's later I can STILL pre-order one. This thing is going to be in every bed bath and beyond and will be sold used under MSRP.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:22 pm

mad bum wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 pm
We're not even sure what sort of memory will be in there
It's Sony, so expect them to actually make a miniature memory card that's completely proprietary, completely necessary for saving games and will cost $200.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:10 pm

Also it'll never hold enough, so you need at least two.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:10 pm
Also it'll never hold enough, so you need at least two.
Seriously.

Fuck sony's memory card bullshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:23 pm

Everyone copies Nintendo with controls and concepts, but Nintendo always fail to copy the power a console needs to compete powerwise with Sony's PS4 and Microsofts XboxOhexOne1x.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Auli wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:23 pm
Everyone copies Nintendo with controls and concepts, but Nintendo always fail to copy the power a console needs to compete powerwise with Sony's PS4 and Microsofts XboxOhexOne1x.
PS4 and Xboner came out 2013. The Switch came out 2017.

PS4 82 million sold
Xboner 39 million sold
Switch 20 million sold

It will outpace the Xboner by next year and can reasonably surpass the PS4 during it's lifetime. They don't need power. Power has never sold the most consoles ever with the exception of the Playstation outselling the N64 but those were hardly comparable.

Looking at the top exclusives we have:

Xboner Halo 5 5 million
PS4 Uncharted 4 8.7 million
Switch Mario Odyssey 11.17 million

The Switch titles are still counting and they also have MK8 Deluxe at 10.3 million and Breath of the Wild at 9.32 million outselling the best exclusive of the PS4 still and Splatoon 2 at 6.76 million still outselling the Xboner's Halo.
No game on either Xboner or PS4 has reached the top 3 Switch games in sales.

Nigger, the console and the games are selling BIG TIME and the top 5 titles are in-house productions. They make some serious bank. No investor is going to look at those numbers and go "but it's not powerful tho" because who cares?
PS4 and Xboner are approaching the end of their life and the pro models aren't going to extend that by very much. The Switch still has Smash and Metroid to come and at least enough steam for four more years like Trump. Plus, MS and Sony have segments of their companies that are doing poorly, Nintendo doesn't.

Nintendo can compete extremely well in the areas that matter. Better exclusives, better concept with a selling point and the top sellers all being in-house, raking in all that cash for themselves. They are printing money.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:00 am

I'm not denying that Nintendo does super well and prints money. My point was just that Nintendo has started stuff that the others copy (motion control). If only Nintendo had the same power as the other two, they'd dominate everything, absolutely everything. They'd get another printer for their money.

Now that Microsoft and Sony has seen the power of the cartridge, they'd be stupid not to go over to that as well.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.